2011 GT vs 2003 Cobra

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The displacement has a lot to do with the additional power. Why do you think Ford added more cubic inches. If you want to stay NA, power has to be created from something because you can't draw air into the motor any greater than atmospheric pressure. Therefore to make more power, you can only redo the heads so they flow better and/or increase the displacement. Air is the key. The more air that moves in and out of the motor, the more power that can be made. People realized this concept along time ago and hence the turbo, supercharger or nitrous. The realized that is you pressurize air (or increase the density), you can then feed more into the motor. This additional air plus a larger amount of fuel and a spark = more power. Just my take on this...

I'm not saying that the extra displacement didn't help, but I also don't think it was the biggest factor.

There were a lot of guys on here that had stroker / bored out blocks to over 5.0L with huge lift billet cams/heavily ported heads and they were barely making what a bolt-on Coyote motor makes.

LaserRed02GT

Established Member
The new 2011 GT's are pretty sweet but I just don't see how a P/E/I terminator would lose to a 2011 GT. I walked a 2011 Grabber blue GT (GT was manual) by 3.5 cars to 125mph in my (sold) 465rwhp pullied eaton terminator. Still im glad ford finally came out with a fast GT, until the 2011 GT we wouldn't even be having this converstation.
FORD FTW!!!!

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Both are great cars that Ford made. I won't get rid of my 03 for one but I would def take one. I've passed a few but no bites yet and I'm curious to run one. The talk about the 03-04 Cobra is king is just how it goes. Alot of people will see a Terminator on the streets and make a u turn to get out of it's way, not so much look at the 2011 GT and do the same. Though i'm sure that'll eventually change. I've had this car for over two years with zero bites from anything. I'm sure it's the stenciled heat exchanger that says fluidyne or my black cobra calipers..jk
Again, both are awesome cars.

Sliverstang

Established Member
I can't drive? lol when you race from a roll you just put the gas pedal down and shift gears!

Mabey next weekend we can go make some runs and post some videos up. Its cold outside and eaton likes to be cold!:)

Sliverstang

Established Member
This thread is ghey! I didn't know this many retards are out there that want to try to make something more of a race between a couple of friends cars. If I had knew that people would get there underwear rolled up there ass crack so bad I wouldn't had let him post it up.

BAD351W

Established Member
This thread is foolish, everyone knows the LS1 owns all. :nonono:

In all seriousness, this isnt much of a debate. Everyone should be happy that Ford has two badass cars to choose from, for those of us in the market for a high performance muscle car.

Deuuuce

Established Member
In all seriousness, this isnt much of a debate. Everyone should be happy that Ford has two badass cars to choose from, for those of us in the market for a high performance muscle car.

If you're going to count used 12-second cars, I would say Ford has 4 total to choose from. '11, '03-'04, GT500, GT.

cobracide

Established Member
Nothing can beat the Termi or even compare. It is the ultimate car. Nothing will ever be created to compare the car against. Give it up there is nothing you can do but deal with the greatest car in the world made in 03/04. If you do beat one something was wrong with it or the guy in the Termi couldn't drive. Technology and craftsmanship will never be able to duplicate a car with the potential to destroy everything that it comes across. Termi forever

Finally something in this thread I can relate to. :)

kyoshosp2

Established Member
Then maybe she should be on the fastest list. Nobody else on the list would compete with her given her modes.:shrug: Either way, none of them are trapping close to 120 (The fastest list had one with nitrous that trapped 118). I don't see how they are pulling so hard on Cobras when they are trapping closer to stock Cobra Trap speeds than they are pullied Cobra traps speeds. Comparing fastest times, I know multiple pullied cobras have trapped 122+.

Just FYI.. I went to the track last Wednesday at noproblem raceway and on my 18" all seasons with 1.9xx 60' went 12.097@118 with a tune and x pipe . Paper filter in box.. The 3-4 gear pull is crazy in this car..

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Just FYI.. I went to the track last Wednesday at noproblem raceway and on my 18" all seasons with 1.9xx 60' went 12.097@118 with a tune and x pipe . Paper filter in box.. The 3-4 gear pull is crazy in this car..

118???? :dw: holy smokes.

Beetle6986

Established Member
ur funny. think of that yourself? how many blow ups do you know of.

i know EVERY termi in the club has blown . ring lands, bearings, gaskets. ALL of them once they passed the 500rw mark. its was just a matter of time. so dont act like they are unbreakable. the crank going into my 96 was out of a termi. it had a rod bearing spun to .020.

part of the reason im switching pistons in the turbo stang is because they are the same termi's use. i know they will crush a ring land soon enough. CP 2618's are far stronger.

Wow! Your club must be doing something wrong. I know around a dozen that have 500+ at the wheels and have had no issues. Where did you get all this info on the heads. Did you compare two different bench tests for them? Just wondering?

ACJ

Established Member

Track ticket please! I really want to see this

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Wow! Your club must be doing something wrong. I know around a dozen that have 500+ at the wheels and have had no issues. Where did you get all this info on the heads. Did you compare two different bench tests for them? Just wondering?

they are just average joe's. racing their termi's hard.

heads? you talking about me saying the coyote murders C heads? search engine supports that. it should be considered common knowledge at this point. and as a matter of fact C heads arent my choice for the turbo car either.

pocket ported B heads are what John M uses on his 6 second Pro mod.

as far as one head being better than the other its subjective to some degree, and i rely on my own opinion on what makes a good head, and what the kings of that particular design say.

to quote al papito on the C head....
The design downfall of C heads, and their larger (5.4L Navigator) cousins, is the relatively flat floor and utter lack of a short turn radius in the throat of the intake port. As such, the incoming air tends to overshoot the valves, making the port think the valves are smaller than they actually are.

. but here are some numbers.

Headflownumbers.jpg

picture2bu8.png

Last edited:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
All I've learned out of the 6 pages in this thread is that the 03/04 owners cannot admit defeat, even if there was a video clearly showing it, they would deny it. Oh, and 99% of the people on this thread have absolutely no reading comprehension ability, Yellow Horse being the worst.

Good races and good kills OP.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
You have to understadn the 03/04 termi is unbeatable blah blah blah. What one got beat then the driver couldn't drive blah blah blah. I have one with blah blah blah it will beat anything in the world that is made blah blah blah. What your Viper beat the termi blah blah blah it was heat soaked, missed a gear, clutch slipping blah blah blah. You can never ever ever post about beating a termi its just impossible no matter what kind of car you have.

Entrenched

Established Member
Wow

This thread has definitely taken on a life of its own. I never intended to bash, just posting up our honest results. My friend and I were just trying to answer the question which car is faster and posted up what happened. I love my 2011 GT and my Cobra.

On a side note, I'm putting a HPP twin 61mm turbo kit and 5.0L boss based short block in the Cobra.

svtscott01

Established Member
I really dont see what the arguement is about its a numbers game. The new 5.0 makes 412 the cobras were 420 realistically.New stang 100 lbs lighter. as far as motors the 5.0 more displacement and either you run a blower with 8.5:1 compression or you go naturally aspirated with 11.0:1 like the new 5.0. If you stroked a 4.6 and upped compression and better heads hello 400+hp easy no blower.

Users who are viewing this thread