2011 GT vs 2003 Cobra

2ltrgsr

Established Member
the new 5.0 kenne bell kit is gonna hurt alot of feelings..........but the styling of the 03-04 cobra to me is just so much better

svtscott01

Established Member
Yeah I read that 633 rwhp @10psi holy crap! But even that boost thru an 11:1 motor wont last long. Cobras can run that all day long mind you it takes more boost.

svtscott01

Established Member
Besides for the cost of the 5.0 mammoth kit nevermind that of a new mustang you're gettin a LOW km cobra mammoth, heads cams long tubes etc and still buying a nice second vehicle. Coyote who?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yeah I read that 633 rwhp @10psi holy crap! But even that boost thru an 11:1 motor wont last long. Cobras can run that all day long mind you it takes more boost.

theyre actually handling it quite well to be honest.

sure its not a fully forged rotating assembly like the 03/04 or GT500 motors that can laugh at ~700whp from blower and ~800whp from snails easily, but its surely not giving up like most of us thought they would.

19935.slow

Established Member
they are just average joe's. racing their termi's hard.

heads? you talking about me saying the coyote murders C heads? search engine supports that. it should be considered common knowledge at this point. and as a matter of fact C heads arent my choice for the turbo car either.

pocket ported B heads are what John M uses on his 6 second Pro mod.
Is his 6 second car n/a? Just because you force a ton of air through a head and it goes fast makes it a good head? Theres 9 second cars with e7 heads, so they must be the best choice for anyone building a 9 second car. Whats your turbo car run?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wow.... this thread went the other way... badly.... These '11 GT's are surprising people a lot then again hasn't it been like this for a while between the GT/Cobra? 96 Cobra Vs 99' GT, 99/01 Cobra Vs 05+ GT AND now the 03/04 vs '11 GT. Bolt for bolt on, they've always given a match to each other a good match but the gap has been smaller and smaller each time. People talking about new engine being better, this, that, etc. In the end of the day, you can make both as fast. You are not doing anything that hasn't been done before. If I'm getting a car, I'm getting it for the overall package and not just the power it can make. I give props for making a beast out of a GT, but I'm already satisfied with my Snake.

Last edited:

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
I have a friend with a bolt-on and tuned '11 Coyote. Come summer this behemoth with step into the ring with my pulley, bolties and toonz and we will see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread