2011 gt vs 2010 camero ss

351inside

Established Member
i dont think that camaro was stock, no flaming... My full bolt on, on stock 331's 3v pulled 2 cars on the 2 stock gen5 camaros, both of them manual,i raced all the way up to 120. My buddy also has a full bolt on 3v that pretty much ran even with my old 3v and he would pull maybe by about a fender and i got about 2+ cars on the top end on him in my bone stock 2011 with 87 octane in it...

Thats just from personal experience

Either way it was a good race, and it looked like he was catching up and then you pulled again at the end then he passes you. I couldnt stop laughing when i read your post,

i pull up on him and ask him if hes down to race. he said no. i called him a bitch, then he said ok. we went to the closest straight and had a fun little race.
:banana:

Last edited:

XtraTQ

Established Member
Camaro looks way better and is faster but I would rather take a G8 GXP and walk mustangs in a 4 door ALL DAY!!

Camaro looks "cartoon"ish IMO. The Camaro being faster is also debatable...

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Didn't want to read it all, are these the cliffs? :p

OP might be 16 with his daddys new mustang and got butt hurt that he pretty much lost to a stock camEro?

j/p j/p

S8ER01Z

Established Member
24 second mark tells it all.. I was rooting for the 5.0 but that SS had the win if the race would have lasted even a second longer. It almost looks like a missed shift or a complete lift by the SS driver considering how fast you pull away.

Regardless nice race!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Nope its the Mustang's race.

1.Less weight
2. Better HP per pound
3.Similar HP to the ground
4. Better gears for quarter mile
5. The stang willl be ahead by the time it hits its speed limiter
6.Similar drivers the mustang wins.

While I generally agree with you, what about power under the curve? This is one of the few areas where the SS has a significant advantage and probably is what keeps the runs pretty close. Peak power is only telling part of the story.

GT vs SS, Same day, same dyno, same conditions. The SS is the green line.

201120mustang20vs20201020camaro.jpg

20aeman

Established Member
While I generally agree with you, what about power under the curve? This is one of the few areas where the SS has a significant advantage and probably is what keeps the runs pretty close. Peak power is only telling part of the story.

GT vs SS, Same day, same dyno, same conditions. The SS is the green line.

201120mustang20vs20201020camaro.jpg

This is what makes the SS faster up top. Hit those long overdrive gears and the SS has the horsepower advantage 95 percent of the time.

I'm not an SS fanboy, but I speak from experience here.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
This is what makes the SS faster up top. Hit those long overdrive gears and the SS has the horsepower advantage 95 percent of the time.

I'm not an SS fanboy, but I speak from experience here.

I don't know about faster at any speed, just helps offset all it's other deficiencies.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Have we seen any track times yet from an "unbiased source" (if it's possible to find one) where they ran the new 5.0 and new SS on the same day, same track, same "pro" driver?

Not the same pro driver, but everything else.

Full exhaust, intake 2010 SS

vs

Bone stock 2011 Mustang GT

They ran multiple times.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_GkNeD_uIM"]YouTube- 2010 camaro ss vs 2011 mustang gt at sacramento raceway...Poor Quality[/nomedia]

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

I agree 100%, however, keep in mind the 2011 GT is geared a lot more aggressively to stay within it's powerband. Even 5th gear 1:1.

Stock for stock the GT should have a few cars on a stock 2010 fairly easily into 5th gear. Maybe once the GT shifts into 6th it would be a different story.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
this just so happened to Pop up on ls1tech...

My 2011 5.0 Goes 12.3 @ 110 in the 1/4
I know some of you do not care because it is a mustang but, I also know a lot of you can appreciate a nice fast clean car.

My wife and I test drove both the 2011 GT and the 2010 Camaro SS. Ended up going with the GT mainly because the interior in our opinion was well put together, and the performance felt about the same.

Onto the track pass:

Mods:
Driver Mod
Steeda CAI
Stteda Axle Back
Brenspeed 93 Octane Tune
Sticky tire

Actual Slip:
Reaction: .0090
60': -------- 1.8350
1/8th E/T: - 7.9264
1/8th MPH: 88.60
1/4 E/T: ---- 12.3470
1/4 MPH: --- 110.59

Options:
CS/Package
3.31 Gears
6 Speed Manual
Glass Roof
Security Package
HID's
Satin Black Tape Stripe

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9M3k9fpqlU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT/CS 12.3 @ 110MPH 1/4 MILE PASS[/nomedia]

judging by the race video the OP had, this seems on as far as Traps go. The 2010 SS's are trapping 111-113 stock, which explains why he was reeling in, in the top end...and the GT above is modded, with DR's...

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
this just so happened to Pop up on ls1tech...

My 2011 5.0 Goes 12.3 @ 110 in the 1/4
I know some of you do not care because it is a mustang but, I also know a lot of you can appreciate a nice fast clean car.

My wife and I test drove both the 2011 GT and the 2010 Camaro SS. Ended up going with the GT mainly because the interior in our opinion was well put together, and the performance felt about the same.

Onto the track pass:

Mods:
Driver Mod
Steeda CAI
Stteda Axle Back
Brenspeed 93 Octane Tune
Sticky tire

Actual Slip:
Reaction: .0090
60': -------- 1.8350
1/8th E/T: - 7.9264
1/8th MPH: 88.60
1/4 E/T: ---- 12.3470
1/4 MPH: --- 110.59

Options:
CS/Package
3.31 Gears
6 Speed Manual
Glass Roof
Security Package
HID's
Satin Black Tape Stripe

YouTube- 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT/CS 12.3 @ 110MPH 1/4 MILE PASS

judging by the race video the OP had, this seems on as far as Traps go. The 2010 SS's are trapping 111-113 stock, which explains why he was reeling in, in the top end...and the GT above is modded, with DR's...

FYI, track conditions and driver play a HUGE factor. There are 2011s trapping 117mph+ with the exact same mods. ;-) You can't find a random example and then try to stack it up to another result at a different track in different conditions.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeTj02KSO1M&feature=related"]YouTube- ‪UPR Products 2011 5.0 Mustang GT goes 12.22 et @ 116 mph!‬‎[/nomedia]

^ in 95 degree heat at Palm springs raceway with 18inch wheels / tires with the same minor bolt-ons.

and here are two stock 6spds from a dig

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3TJUyPO0VE"]YouTube- ‪2010 Camaro SS vs. 2011 Mustang GT‬‎[/nomedia]

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
FYI, track conditions and driver play a HUGE factor. There are 2011s trapping 117mph+ with the exact same mods. ;-) You can't find a random example and then try to stack it up to another result at a different track in different conditions. Also, no one has trapped 113mph in a stock 2010 Camaro, the majority are in the 108-110mph range with the fastest being 112mph. The majority of 2011s trap 109-111mph, with the fastest being 114mph.

+1.. I think some people went crazy with DA corrections the first few months the new Camaro SS was out because I was seeing rediculous claims left and right that never had any proof behind them.

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
FYI, track conditions and driver play a HUGE factor. There are 2011s trapping 117mph+ with the exact same mods. ;-) You can't find a random example and then try to stack it up to another result at a different track in different conditions.

YouTube- ‪UPR Products 2011 5.0 Mustang GT goes 12.22 et @ 116 mph!‬‎

^ in 95 degree heat at Palm springs raceway with 18inch wheels / tires with the same minor bolt-ons.

and here are two stock 6spds from a dig

YouTube- ‪2010 Camaro SS vs. 2011 Mustang GT‬‎

+2. That same (UPR sponsored) car ran 12.16 @ about the same speed, but the track isn't Palm Springs, it's PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway) in Palm Beach Gardens... other side of the country. Much more humid, pretty much all the time. It's not actually in the city, more like 20miles west. :thumbsup: I wouldn't have been sure, but for the Bennett Auto Supply ad I saw on the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread