2011 gt500 1-2 shift problem

32V SVT

Established Member
My car has been fixed. It took 5 weeks because they had trouble getting the parts. I believe I listed the parts replaced before, but here they are again:
7230 shift fork 1-2
7240/7358 rail, 1-2
7A082/7B331 kit,snap ring
7K316/7M005/7L056 Gear, output shaft, driven 6th gear
7102/7103 Gear, output shaft, 2nd
7146 Gear, countershaft, 6th
7124 Sync asy complete, output shaft, 1st&2nd gear
7025 Bearing kit,input,countershaft &reverse idler gear
7107-A 2nd syncro rings
7107-A 1syncro rings
7L082-AA pads
7B096-A pins
7052-AA Seal
7B340 Nut
7052-A seal
7210-AE shifter
My car was having trouble 1-2 shift and reverse. The car now drives the way it should.
Our dealer has been aware that we had a problem since we bought the car. The allfordmustang forums has a Ford rep who reads the forums. I sent her my VIN number and my problem. I then called Ford customer service. Then my husband took the car to the dealer and the dealer took the tranny apart. The service manager and the Ford rep kept in touch and got my baby fixed.

Can you share the name of the ford rep, and email address? I'd like to engage this person directly... Please PM me...

Thanks!

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Well since I don't have the time or patients to rag on everyone from the dealer to ford head office, I'm going to take things into my own hands. I will be trying the ford double clutch tranny fluid first, post my results, if it isn't any better than I will purchase the parts (from a combined list off of this and other forums) and have a friend of mine install them. If that doesn't do it than i will opt for the WOT box, MGW shiftier and royal purple treatment. Finally if none of the above work,I will be installing the new t56 Magnum purchased through D&D transmission. if that doesn't make this car shift like it should than it will be in the for sale section and will be the first and last ford I buy. BTW I have tried bringing it to the dealer with no results.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Update- Royal purple made no difference at all and I am either still getting locked out of or grinding second during hi rpm shifts. Parts list will now be ordered and installed by an experienced transmission mechanic that I know. 2012 gt500 svtpp 2000 kms and dealer says this is normal-full of sh:fm:!!!

Last edited:

32V SVT

Established Member
I have heard this from several people on forums and at car shows. Can it really be fixed with a $400 shifter ???? I sure wish it was true ??

MGW will be the first to tell you as a disclaimer, that the installation of their product is not guaranteed to fix the grinding problem... for what it's worth.

Corepuncher

Established Member
I just got the MGW shifter. Will report back once it's installed (will be a while). One thing I do know...each time I have gone to the dealer and TRIED to get it to grind, I could NOT, and neither could the tech. Of course he shifted like a damn grandma, but I shifted quickly. I think since he was in the car, I was concentrating very hard at shifting right, and it worked fine. I know it's not 100%, but sloppiness or lack of concentration may be part of it, as much as I'd hate to say. That said, it's a crappy design to make it that difficult to shift!

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
wotbox fixes everything...I have it in my 2010 have made 50-60 passes in the car sinc it went in and its as smoothe as butter...I highly reccomend the wotbox...$199 and a bit of time and patience to install and your good to go....this doesnt fix the problem it navigates around it, im sure if i took my wotbox out that it would grind....i have never ever missed a shift or had a grind in my 2010 with the wotbox....!!

Snakepit2011

1st..2nd shift grind

Are there any known fixes or what the exact problem is?

I filed a Lemon Law case with BBB. The Ford Customer care called and said that there is a fix and waiting for the parts.
As of Nov. 1st Ford has 30 days to fix the problem with my car or it will go on to arbitration. I was instructed to have my car at the dealership at 8am this Monday, Nov. 14Th, for the field service engineer to be inspected and repaired. I was told they will be replacing the shifter, gears, synchronizers, change out transmission oil. They was also told that the problem was that the clutch even with it to the floor was not disengaging the allow the shifter to go into gear without the grind. I will post after they repair my car and let you know if it was a real fix or just a trial to repair the car before the 30 days are up. My car is a 2011 shelby cobra svt package with manual transmission.

heatsoaked12

Established Member

I filed a Lemon Law case with BBB. The Ford Customer care called and said that there is a fix and waiting for the parts.
As of Nov. 1st Ford has 30 days to fix the problem with my car or it will go on to arbitration. I was instructed to have my car at the dealership at 8am this Monday, Nov. 14Th, for the field service engineer to be inspected and repaired. I was told they will be replacing the shifter, gears, synchronizers, change out transmission oil. They was also told that the problem was that the clutch even with it to the floor was not disengaging the allow the shifter to go into gear without the grind. I will post after they repair my car and let you know if it was a real fix or just a trial to repair the car before the 30 days are up. My car is a 2011 shelby cobra svt package with manual transmission.

I like what i hear and would love to hear the results! good luck and may your car come out like it should have been.:rolling:

BlueEyedSnake

Banned

Your my hero, I will be standing by to see what happens. If this works I would appreciate it if you post up exactly what they did to your car if it turns out they do actually fix the shift issue. Good luck on Monday. I think it's B.S. that we have to buy a WOT Box to solve this issue. I own a $50,000 plus car and I can't even shift from 1st to 2nd at high RPM's.

slowbra1

Established Member
Its very frustrating

I have a 2012 with the 1-2 Grind, Dealer service manager went for a ride and agreed with me, then FORD told the dealer it was "NORMAL" for my trans to grind into second and have noise in second gear, they also said they "TESTED" my syncros and they "TESTED" ok, so I call BS on that, they did not take the trans out and look.

Its all a BS game FORD plays to wear us out, well they won't wear this cat out. :bash:

BlueEyedSnake

Banned
I will never buy another ford vehicle ever again. Ford is trying to pull the wool over our eyes and play stupid. I'm going to wait and see what Snakepit2011 has to say. I'm going to go the same route as he did if my dealer gives me the same B.S.

Users who are viewing this thread