2011 Mustang Aluminum 1-pc. Driveshaft

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
We now have a 1-piece 6061 T-6 Aluminum design driveshaft for 2011 Mustangs. The stock driveshaft weighed in at 40 lbs. and our 1 pc. aluminum was only 20 lbs!

Here are a few photos

Stock 2-piece next to aluminum 1-piece

DSC_1669.jpg

Installed

DSC_1671.jpg

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Erick

Established Member
What kinda rwhp will we see since this will result in a decrease in drivetrain loss.

Also, any changes in NVH?

Andy@Livernois

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
$799.99

It can be found here

This is for the auto trans only. Manual trans version coming soon!

-Rick

What time frame on the manual trans driveshaft and will the price also be $799? I have always ran aluminum driveshafts in my Mustangs and been very happy with the perfomance benefits that come with them!

What kinda rwhp will we see since this will result in a decrease in drivetrain loss.

Also, any changes in NVH?

You don't gain any RWHP, but you are decreasing the rotational mass that your motor and trans have to turn.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Is there any issues with added driveline noise or vibration? I know when I added a 1 piece DS to my GTO it caused some lurching when letting off the gas. It was due to taking all the slop out of the driveline.

Erick

Established Member
You don't gain any RWHP, but you are decreasing the rotational mass that your motor and trans have to turn.
If the rotational mass is decreased this would therefore mean less power is lost though the drivetrain, hence an increase in rwhp. I would assume the gain is minimal though.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
What time frame on the manual trans driveshaft and will the price also be $799? I have always ran aluminum driveshafts in my Mustangs and been very happy with the perfomance benefits that come with them!

Should have the manual trans version in a week or so and price will be the same.

Is there any issues with added driveline noise or vibration? I know when I added a 1 piece DS to my GTO it caused some lurching when letting off the gas. It was due to taking all the slop out of the driveline.

I drove it to the track last night and made 9 passes and didn't notice any noises or vibrations.

-Rick

Erick

Established Member
In all fairness he did originally post on Friday, not this a.m.
I'm sure Rick has other things to do at work than spend his day on the message boards. Give a couple days during the week and I'm sure he will provide an answer to your legitimate question.

Users who are viewing this thread