2011 Mustang Gt - Loudest Exhaust ( HELP )

HrsePwr

Established Member
Hey guys,

I’m trying to make my Mustang the loudest it can be.

Last year I had : Jba off road H-pipe , no resonators , pypes Bomb Axel Back Muffler deletes ( tips were resonated about 10” )

This Year :

Pypes off road X-pipe , no resonators, MBRP axel back muffler deletes. ( this setup I thought would be louder mainly because my muffler deletes now are non resonated , but it seems a bit quieter and much less drone )

At an Exhaust competition it read 124db
The winner was I believe 128db.
How do I make this car louder ?
It’s a weekend only car , / occasional track car. I don’t care about Drone etc. Basically I don’t want to spend a ton of $ on the Exhaust but I want it to be as loud as possible !

A local exhaust shop said to use “ Rc mufflers “ apparently they are chambered and will echo or something ? They also suggested to get bigger tips at 5”. I believe my MBRP are only 3”-3.5”.

I was thinking a dual Electronic cut out set-up but having this on a previous car with nitrous , sooner or later the electronic cut outs start to leak / not fully close : open on their own etc.

I’m thinking of doing a few mods to my current setup and last get a Msd-2step to shoot some flames.

What do you guys suggest ?

Thank you

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Throw in a set of longtubes, that will get your ears ringing. Do they really have competitions for loudest exhaust?

PC03GT

Established Member
The loudest exhaust??? You won't be able to drive that car for 10 minutes w/o a screaming ass headache.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
My 02 GT has an O/R H and Flowmaster Super 10s welded into the catback. I set off car alarms gently driving through parking garages. Louder is not always better.

I will admit that I was entertained for a little while, but...

If you really want loud, put a set of big cams in the heads and then dump the headers into a 5" collector right behind the front tires.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Recon

Established Member
What size is the current pipe? Larger pipe can make it louder.

Pick your poison.

PC03GT

Established Member
You want loud and sound like shit get a Chevy with a 350, straight piped, and no cats....classic sound for broke dick mother****ers around these parts

HrsePwr

Established Member
Ok thanks to the couple of you that gave honest/positive answers.

If you have nothing positive to say keep your 0.02 to your self !!! Thanks !!!

I was thinking of adding a set of long tubes but the cost of headers and the install is just nuts. Unless I can find someone locally who will install them for a decent price.

My piping is all stock with the exception of the Pypes Off road x-pipe and the MBRP muffler delete Axel Back.
I was thinking of putting 3” piping in between. But I don’t think it will make it much louder ?

Are there any mufflers that will be much louder than my muffler deletes ?
As I’m thinking if there is to add them and a Msd-2Step.

Any positive suggestions ?

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
More air in, more air out. Add any brand supercharger to the car if you want more volume

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
Ok thanks to the couple of you that gave honest/positive answers.

If you have nothing positive to say keep your 0.02 to your self !!! Thanks !!!

I was thinking of adding a set of long tubes but the cost of headers and the install is just nuts. Unless I can find someone locally who will install them for a decent price.

My piping is all stock with the exception of the Pypes Off road x-pipe and the MBRP muffler delete Axel Back.
I was thinking of putting 3” piping in between. But I don’t think it will make it much louder ?

Are there any mufflers that will be much louder than my muffler deletes ?
As I’m thinking if there is to add them and a Msd-2Step.

Any positive suggestions ?

It was a joke, but you can run cutouts. I had kooks headers, o/r h pipe, and qtp cutouts. You can go from mild to wild at a push of a button, when the cutouts were open it was ridiculously loud

Users who are viewing this thread