2011 shelby gt500 vs sick Z06

sikryd

Established Member
Was on the freeway (Oahu) heading home and ran up on a black Z06 (don't know what year)... he revs his motor at me, then proceeds to follow me. There were a lot of cars on the road, so drove a ways before there was an opening. I flashed my break lights a few times, the pulled into the next lane. He pull up along side, I drop into 3rd... he honks horn three times and its on. I stuck with him through third, lost a few feet whilst shifting to 4th, but stood my ground through 4th (to 5800 RPM). I then had to slow down due to cars, and I shifted into fifth. He definitely would have walked on me if we kept going, he had some mad top end. Didn't lose more than 1/2 a car the entire race, until I lifted. I was actually surprised I did as well as I did against an awesome sounding Z06.

Not sure what mods he had, but it was damn loud and sounded f-in great. I was late to pick someone up, would have loved to pull over and chat with him about his mods. Was a cool guy, gave me a wave and a thumbs up after the run.

My mods are as follows...

2011 shelby GT500 svtpp (dynojet says 531 whp, 513 wtq)
2.6" pulley
Afco dual fan HE
Sct 93 octane tune
JLT Carbon fiber intake tube
Airaid air filter
JLT pcv catch cans

If you read this post Z0 SIC, awesome run man.

Last edited:

ramstein

Established Member
Good race. I was under impression that 2011 gt 500 with a pulley would dyno a little higher, somwhere around 550whp. :beer:

sikryd

Established Member
Good race. I was under impression that 2011 gt 500 with a pulley would dyno a little higher, somwhere around 550whp. :beer:

me too... The day I was on the dyno it was damn humid, so that may have contributed to the lower HP #. I emailed Evolution about it, but never got a reply back from them. I'm also guessing I have a conservative tune since we do not have 93 octane here, only 92. Also, I was previously wondering if I was experiencing belt slip. I was told that the stock boost gauge is crap over stock boost levels, so I added an autometer mechanical gauge. The new gauge acts fishy as well. I will climb to 13 lbs, then it will drop to about 9 and bob around then climb back up to 13. I don't have any black dust from the belt anywhere, but who knows. I may try to push the new adjustable idler closer to the pulley, but I don't want to put too much pressure on the superchargers pulley.

link to the dyno run
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqdg9iqfPHg"]YouTube - 2011 Shelby GT500 Dyno pull[/nomedia]

Last edited:

SlwSVT

Established Member
Sounds like you ran into a stock z06. Geared tall, they do 120mph thru 3rd and 160 thru 4th. So, when you ran out of gear, it would of walked away.

Users who are viewing this thread