2011+ Turbo kit giveaway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPRsm

That's right. We're going to be giving away an absolutely free kit! If you interested in or were going buying a kit, this just sweetens your pot. We are short period from full production, with many parts already here being made. We will be testing turbos soon on stock and modified engines. On our list will be the first 15 production kits. Once the kit is paid for, your kit will be completed and shipped. Once the 15th kit is sold, a winner will be drawn. The results will be posted, and the winner will receive a full reimbursement check for the cost of their kit. You have a 1 in 15 chance in winning back over 7k! Pretty damn good odds wouldn't you say? Now here's what you get for $7299

GT45/S400 mid frame turbo. Base turbo size to be determined. Same frame will house 64mm-91mm depending on HP goals. That's over a range of 1600hp without modifying the kit! Base turbo will be good for 700rwhp minimum

Turbo brace for this beast.

CPR designed and BMR built custom K-member AND tubular radiator support w custom sway bar.

JGS 60mm wastegate

JGS 50mm BOV

Tubular 4-1 headers with V-bands and CNC header flanges

Cross over V-banded w flex tube and routing for internally routed dump for wastegate

5in down pipe split into dual 3in to tie back into your stock axle back. No need to buy a mid pipe after kit purchase!

Headers, cross over and down pipes mild steel and are coated black in 2000deg temp coating.

HUGE A/A intercooler. Has been proven at twice the HP level to have an inlet rise of less than half of Chinese vertical cores of the competition. As the largest cooler on the market it recently saw only a 12deg inlet rise at the 1/4mi stripe.

Can also choose a single 1000hp core A/W for the same price. You just need to supply your own tank, pump and lines.

We also have a dual 1000hp cored intercooler for those looking to go "full retard" and go to the 1200rwhp+ territory. 800 additional for 2000hp worth of intercooler. 900-1000rwhp the inlets climb only 3deg F, and the pump is not turned on.

Oil feed lines w adapter to tap into stock oiling system. -10 push loc with silicone drain hose for easy assembly and install.

Longest MAF tube on the market. Puts the MAF in a LONG straight section of tubing and close to the engine. Your tuner will love tuning this compared other blo thru set ups on the market.

Slim line dual fan setup to replace stock fan.

Relocated expansion tank

High quality turbo blanket

CD instructions of install. Rather than pictures, a movie of how to should do wonders for the first time installer. Anxiety and install time as well. If you can do a set of long tubes or k-member, you can easily install this kit.

Any questions feel free to ask.

These are the eligible folks.

1. Shannon
2. Bob
3. Tom
4. Kenny
5. Alan
6. Ryan
7. Dasan
8. Zack
9. Joey
10. Marc
11. Josh
12. Joe
13. Bill
14. Austin
15. James

Last edited:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Crowd sourcing development funds with the chance for an interested party to recoup their cost. Not a bad idea I suppose. NGP Racing did a similar drawing type of deal with a car they had too much wrapped up in years ag., Raffle tickets were $100 and they sold quite a few hundred easily making their money back. Good luck to anyone who lays out the cash. You'll probably get more takers once you have a functional kit in testing. Thumbs up.

CPRsm

Thanx Sean. About a week away from functional testing. But so far I've got a decent track record of making power successfully. A lot of the parts in this kit are the same as the TT kit on the coyote which has made over 1000hp on a stock engine well under 20 psi. Only part left yet to prove work on this kit really is the turbo selection. This kit has a higher down pipe volume and smaller cold side volume than the twin kit. Both are pluses. With the same tuner the only real variable here is the turbo. Confidant on the results to come. Excited as well!

twistedneck

Established Member
Thanx Sean. About a week away from functional testing. But so far I've got a decent track record of making power successfully. A lot of the parts in this kit are the same as the TT kit on the coyote which has made over 1000hp on a stock engine well under 20 psi. Only part left yet to prove work on this kit really is the turbo selection. This kit has a higher down pipe volume and smaller cold side volume than the twin kit. Both are pluses. With the same tuner the only real variable here is the turbo. Confidant on the results to come. Excited as well!

If you opt for a boss head or mmr head upgrade would you recommend increasing the valve spring rates and loads even more to stop the high rpm issues seen with some other turbo coyotes? Just saw that w/ the Hellion in a recent magazine.. with all that extra pressure the springs cold not keep the valves in control at higher boost and rpm. what type of springs are you running on the MMR heads? or are those Boss heads?

This is extremely tempting. The most compelling part is your headers, they are super nice and look racy too. not to mention your points about expansion in the 5" down pipe, the larger bov, and turbo oil lines, new fans, k - member.

surprised you ended up with air / air intercooler when i think we agreed with you that water would out perform it and not be so heavy over the front. is that still an option? water tank and pump in back?

:-D

D.T.R

Established Member
This is pretty awesome. Can't wait to see results.

CPRsm

If you opt for a boss head or mmr head upgrade would you recommend increasing the valve spring rates and loads even more to stop the high rpm issues seen with some other turbo coyotes? Just saw that w/ the Hellion in a recent magazine.. with all that extra pressure the springs cold not keep the valves in control at higher boost and rpm. what type of springs are you running on the MMR heads? or are those Boss heads?
Hard to say what it was. I picked up the mag this morning. At least it peaked after 5200. Most of them don't make it that far at 6 psi from what I've seen. Got rid of a lot of the flaws on the dyno stand. No filter and no exhaust and dump waste gate helped I'm sure.

This is extremely tempting. The most compelling part is your headers, they are super nice and look racy too. not to mention your points about expansion in the 5" down pipe, the larger bov, and turbo oil lines, new fans, k - member.
Well I'll keep playing devils advocate. lol
The 2012 is an off the shelf kit which anyone can buy. Only thing different is the headers and down pipe in SS for some bling.

surprised you ended up with air / air intercooler when i think we agreed with you that water would out perform it and not be so heavy over the front. is that still an option? water tank and pump in back?

:-D
Nooooooo, the A/A was designed first and the default option. The A/W unit is definitely an option though (same base kit price,too). Some folks just won't want the added cost of the tank and parts, or labor to install it. So an A/A is for those folks. It still works VERY well though. The hard tubing to the A/W and the intercooler itself are the same price as the base kit. The tank, lines and pump selection will be up to the customer. Iut I do have a parts list of what works well and where to get it for anyone interested in that option.

Thanx for the inquires fellas. Any questions just ask.

Last edited:

CPRsm

Thought I'd bump this up with customer lost revision. Have been asked to make a few early kits. If you can install the kit without the instructions, you can grab a kit now. So this will make the official release. I'll be finishing up the install instructions after this small run. Then back to the 20+ kit run. We've finished the tune so the O2's to read just like factory. The new intercooler design is the largest on the market and working well. Inlet rise down the track is less than 15 degrees! Not only safe in ANY weather you want to race even in 100+ degrees in Texas, but maintains maximum power possible. Only possible way to get better is to add ice to our air to water version intercooler. This kit has also proven to make almost 1500hp thru the air filter with no ice in the intercooler.
Recent 1/4mi trip squeaked out a 10 sec pass at 133 only only 8.5 psi!!! Twin disc soon and upgraded parts she'll go easy mid 10's. Probably faster with an auto. Those numbers soon.

rsb5772

Established Member
Dustin, I swear I'm going to call you. Between work, a five year old, and house hunting, I havent had time to do much else. I'll call and talk to you about a few options and a final number soon.

Last edited:

CPRsm

You better hurry up, I've got a new born coming. After that I'm gonna fall off the map lol. It's ok. I was going to ask you a "what would you want as a customer" kind of question. I don't even remember what it was about. Some heavy heavy hitters out your way.

Last edited:

CPRsm

Just a fwiw. I am former military myself, so I do discount for active and retired military. Maybe even a touch more for those damn jarheads. But, those guy already know they aren't qualified for this. Reason being as explained to them is I don't anything to seem shady if a cheaper paid kit won the drawing. We could look bias, which I don't want. But it will be filmed as well.

kingnut

Established Member
Why do I have the feeling this is gonna be the best turbo option BY FAR for the 2011+ 5.0's. Every time I have seen CPR post, he always has a very informative answer. Great job on the details of this kit man. I think you are doing it right the first time.

CPRsm

Smack in the mouths are always on the house!! In any quantity LOL :D

Thanx kingnut. Glad you notice the attention to detail. It's been a long road. Almost there though.

Something I'm working on right now also for the heavy hitters is a T6 option. For street cars where spool is important you try to fit a large turbine with a small AR housing. The keeps flow and velocity high through the turbine. And it passes more gas through the turbine trying to put more work on the turbine. Race apps where there is a high enough load (like a t-brake) to light the turbo off, we try to pass more around the turbine instead of through it for less restriction. The T4 version has made 1182rwhp thru an auto, so she's plenty capable. But the T6 stuff will be for the guys who spend most of their time at that level. With the new turbos currently available and being R&D'd 1300rwhp+ will be pretty "easy."
The cost from base turbo to one of these monsters is a whopping 50 bucks lol.

This kit unlike others that claim large HP because of the turbo(s) supplied, can handle the heat produced by the turbos at that power level. The base intercoolers work VERY well. But at these level the upgraded version may be needed. This is upgrade is $800. The difference between it and the smaller air to water is an extra 1000hp core. So there are two 1000hp cores welded side by side. This gives the air 9in of flow path core contact. The lonfer the better until you run into too much pressure drop. The numbers we saw at close to 1200rwhp, pressure drop is a none issue. I'll get some pics up soon. 3 of these bad boys to build.

The spool valve is also and option as well for those looking for the full race version on the street. https://www.google.com/search?clien...0...0.0...1c.1.11.mobile-gws-serp.cCYlAjIpZko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread