2012 300C vs 03 Mach 1

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Yup sure do especially I'm my area LA Compton etc. they're cheap to buy and guys build em up but most just put on a catback and mid pipe and Call it a day since I'm sure they're(most are) cocky enough to think they have gawds hand of an engine.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice
In reality its no different from the avg Mustang owner either. Same goes with other cars. In reality, its rare seeing a car having more than just intake, exhaust, and tune.

50 Proof

Established Member
In orange county at least the ls1 fbody is becoming less and less common on the streets. Mostly see them at the track.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
lol. Video is out. 5.7 got pulled, I wouldn't call that close in any sense of the word.

And this, yeah... great point! Since the 5th century we've had crankshaft-connecting rod machines, so I guess it's all the same..

Let's not take into account modern FEI and computational fluid dynamics in the engineering design process, or hp/weight ratio of the engines, or their limits in ability to make more power without grenading.

Let's just stick to throwing out irrelevant pieces of history...

As I said before the 5.7 is not that great.. It's not necessarily a bad engine. But it's for damn sure not worth putting on a pedestal from an engineering standpoint.

Anyways, lol at the video proving what everyone(except the mopar guys) had expected.

Hmmm why didnt you quote when I said the Mach would win? What about when I predicted it would lose by 2-3 cars from a roll? I was pretty spot on from the roll race. While 3-4 cars isn't "close" its far from a raping like most were thinking it was going to be. 3 cars is still close enough to make it a worthy race.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Wrong car, your talking about the GoHemi's SRT8 im talking about another member in here posting that went low 11's in an H/C RT

Man reading comprehension is a bitch!! Lol

One I didnt have an RT. I had a srt. Two I was cam only not h/c. Three I ran 11.4 with nothing more than a tire,catback,CAI,canned tune, and 125shot. Ran 11.6 on the motor once I added the cam headers and tc. Snapped the axle when trying to spray that setup.

50 Proof

Established Member
What do you drive?

At the track? Used to be an 86 mustang gt until my pops borrowed the car, couldnt handle the power, and wrecked it. My 65 mustang will be what I take to the track after im done replacing literally everything under the sheet metal. My 94 gt might be my next project but I may ditch it altogether.

Daily drivers are a 2001 bullitt and 300c

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
At the track? Used to be an 86 mustang gt until my pops borrowed the car, couldnt handle the power, and wrecked it. My 65 mustang will be what I take to the track after im done replacing literally everything under the sheet metal. My 94 gt might be my next project but I may ditch it altogether.

Daily drivers are a 2001 bullitt and 300c

Did u go to the svt ls1 tech meet?

50 Proof

Established Member
Did u go to the svt ls1 tech meet?

I was planning on it, I heard the turn out was awesome. My daughter got real sick that weekend so I ended up staying home to take care of her. Was the fbody turn out pretty good? Everytime I see an ss z28 with t-tops I go home wanting one.

Last edited:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I was planning on it, I heard the turn out was awesome. My daughter got real sick that weekend so I ended up staying home to take care of her. Was the fbody turn out pretty good? Everytime I see an ss z28 with t-tops I go home wanting one.

Wasnt there to see the camaros so I dont know. I was asking what you drive because the way you are defending the 5.7 and lack of knowledge of the 2v and the mach 1 engines potential. Unless you just said that out of anger

50 Proof

Established Member
Wasnt there to see the camaros so I dont know. I was asking what you drive because the way you are defending the 5.7 and lack of knowledge of the 2v and the mach 1 engines potential. Unless you just said that out of anger

The mach 1 and the 2v have a lot of potential, when you start introducing forced induction. Hell even the blocks are pretty stout and can handle much more horsepower than an old school factory pushrod 302 block. Only point I was making was that in stock form they are pathetic and extremely expensive to build. A 2v from modular head shop will cost you a minimum of $5k, and that doesn't really include any radical upgrades to the heads and cams. In the pushrod world, $5k could go a very long way, much further than the modulars. The 4.6 is a good reliable and bullet proof engine. It's just over engineered and not very good from a performance standpoint in stock form. You can only go so far with bolt ons for a 4v 4.6 before you need to start buying overpriced heads and $1000 worth of cams. I would love to drop a built 4v in my bullitt but the cost alone makes me want to puke. I'd rather build a 408 stroker for my 94 gt.

Last edited:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
The mach 1 and the 2v have a lot of potential, when you start introducing forced induction. Hell even the blocks are pretty stout and can handle much more horsepower than an old school factory pushrod 302 block. Only point I was making was that in stock form they are pathetic and extremely expensive to build. A 2v from modular head shop will cost you a minimum of $5k, and that doesn't really include any radical upgrades to the heads and cams. In the pushrod world, $5k could go a very long way, much further than the modulars. The 4.6 is a good reliable and bullet proof engine. It's just over engineered and not very good from a performance standpoint in stock form. You can only go so far with bolt ons for a 4v 4.6 before you need to start buying overpriced heads and $1000 worth of cams. I would love to drop a built 4v in my bullitt but the cost alone makes me want to puke. I'd rather build a 408 stroker for my 94 gt.

Where do you go where it costs you 5k to port heads? Your wrong about the expensive part aswell I put a 4v in my gt for less than 5k idk where u get your numbers from. I have a friend ty he has a mach with just gears killin camaros out there. You just saw that mach 1 did to the 2013. Now by todays standards they are slow. The 2v in stock form is slow but still has potential and are noy a waste of money to build. The mach 1 wasnt considered slow in 2003 and is still hanging with cars 10 years later

50 Proof

Established Member
Where do you go where it costs you 5k to port heads? Your wrong about the expensive part aswell I put a 4v in my gt for less than 5k idk where u get your numbers from. I have a friend ty he has a mach with just gears killin camaros out there. You just saw that mach 1 did to the 2013. Now by todays standards they are slow. The 2v in stock form is slow but still has potential and are noy a waste of money to build. The mach 1 wasnt considered slow in 2003 and is still hanging with cars 10 years later

5k is for the actual engine. If I wanting ported 2v heads, those alone are no cheaper tham $2500. The only major difference between a bullitt and a mach is the 4v and two tenths of a second in the quater mile, stock for stock. Dropping in a stock mach engine into my bullitt wouldnt be worth my time. If I had a 96-98 mustang than hell yea it would be worth it. The mach 1 in my opinion, is underpowered, but thats really just my opinion. Of course it can kill a 300c but it has a serious weight advantage.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
5k is for the actual engine. If I wanting ported 2v heads, those alone are no cheaper tham $2500. The only major difference between a bullitt and a mach is the 4v and two tenths of a second in the quater mile, stock for stock. Dropping in a stock mach engine into my bullitt wouldnt be worth my time. If I had a 96-98 mustang than hell yea it would be worth it. The mach 1 in my opinion, is underpowered, but thats really just my opinion. Of course it can kill a 300c but it has a serious weight advantage.

An ass whoopin is an ass whoopin no excuses. You say the mach 1 underpowered but you defend the 5.7? Ok whatever makes sense to you

50 Proof

Established Member
The 5.7 is a bad ass motor but the lx platform is too heavy. I enjoy my 300c as a daily driver. I would love to modify it, but im a car guy. I want to modify every car I own, but I made a rule never to modify a daily driver and I stick to that very strictly. If Chrysler makes a smaller and lighter weight SRT Baracuda I will be first in line to buy one and ditch my plans to buy a 2015 Mustang. I love mustangs, I love the modular, and I especially love the new 5.0 but there are still things that turn me off about these engines. There are pros and cons to everything. I think highly of the 5.7 but im also not stupid enough to ignore the fact that those engines come in a heavy pig of a platform.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
The 5.7 is a bad ass motor but the lx platform is too heavy. I enjoy my 300c as a daily driver. I would love to modify it, but im a car guy. I want to modify every car I own, but I made a rule never to modify a daily driver and I stick to that very strictly. If Chrysler makes a smaller and lighter weight SRT Baracuda I will be first in line to buy one and ditch my plans to buy a 2015 Mustang. I love mustangs, I love the modular, and I especially love the new 5.0 but there are still things that turn me off about these engines. There are pros and cons to everything. I think highly of the 5.7 but im also not stupid enough to ignore the fact that those engines come in a heavy pig of a platform.

I think the opposite of the 5.7 I just see easy kill. The 5.7 isnt talked about much because of what comes in the srt8 which is better

blkvenm97

Established Member
I stated earlier the mach 1 engines are underrated. they actually put out probably 325-330 hp? I think we can all agree with that if ya do a little research. so you're saying a 4.6 that makes this kind of power 10 years ago is underpowered yet a 5.7 making 370 horsepower in 2013 is somehow great? that makes no sense to me. and where do you get the mach 1 is just 2 tenths quicker than a bullit? Evan Smith's best time in a mach was somethin like 13.15 at 105 mph i think? I'm pretty sure he never mustered a 13.3 out of a stock bullit. he did pull a 13.7 out of an 01 gt back in the day at 101...so you're saying the different intake on the bullit is worth 4 tenths of a second on the regular 01 gt? they're only rated at like 5 more horsepower. I've seen 265 some places....as well as 270 and 275 on the bullets compared to 260 for the regular GT. There is a vid on streetfire of an n/a 99 cobra with fr500 heads, cams and intake with full bolt ons and gears pulling on a pullied, full bolt on 03 cobra. I don't think it costs as much as you think to build these engines. 2500 for ported 2v heads? are you serious right now?

50 Proof

Established Member
Every source I've read indicates that a stock mach 1 is rated at 13.8 in the quarter. Thats great that you know joe bob that dyno'd more power but the official rating from ford is 305.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Every source I've read indicates that a stock mach 1 is rated at 13.8 in the quarter. Thats great that you know joe bob that dyno'd more power but the official rating from ford is 305.

I think the best time for a mach is 13 flat. And everyone knows the mach is underated dyno numbers prove that

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The difference between a Mach 1 and a NE GT is about the same or bigger than a NE GT vs a non PI GT……

Thats like saying on avg a 300C vs 300C SRT-8 is a drivers race in the 1/4 mile :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread