2012 5.0 vs c5z

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I used to get compliments all the time driving around in a 3v FFS. The very first time I drove my 5.0 home from the dealership I had some guy trying to chat me up about it.

This is 'merica. People just like mustangs. Some of you guys are legends in your own minds apparently.

Terminators and C5Zs are a tad more unusual than your typical 5.0. I did not say collectible but both vehicles had a smaller production run. Terminators and c5zs have a greater awe effect on a "true" gear-head, one that is well aware of the shit storm both cars created when they hit the streets. When I see a 5.0 now I'm like "oh look, another one...".

Last edited:

oneslo5.0

Established Member
When I roll in my buddies 5.0 we gets no love. NOW when I had my c5z, I got many looks and thumbs up, same with the Terminator I have now.

Hate em or not but the c5z and 03/04 Cobra revolutionized factory performance. That's why we love them and have so much respect for them.

These new kids (5.0 swingers) were watching "That's so Raven" at the time the c5z and 03/04 Cobra were dominating the streets. That's why they have no respect for anything other than your run of the mill 5.0*yawn*.
I am lost as to why you even posted this? haha

Cool story....

BTW I looked at a white C5Z and OW cobra, financing allowed me to buy a new car for used car money....or I would of bought the Z.

But sweet Cobra nut swinging post, we are all owners that enjoy fast cars. You are no better then some on the "5.0" guys, you are just as radical with your insults.
Any "kid" who is a first time mustang owner probably isn't driving a 5.0. They are driving a cheaper, older, used mustang worth maybe 10-15. Unless daddy bought them the car.

First time current MY owners are going to usually be adults. With money.

Unfortunately. Adults are perfectly capable of acting like children.
Well, I am 21 and my first mustang was a 5.0....younger people can't buy cars?

I am 23 and looking at a house now, granted not a mansion BUT I went to school and got myself into a good career.

Considering the cost of most C5Zs it is almost impossible to beat as far as bang for the buck!
I agree, for the money....you can't beat the amount of car you get for high teens, low 20's.

Last edited:

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I am lost as to why you even posted this? haha

Cool story....

BTW I looked at a white C5Z and OW cobra, financing allowed me to buy a new car for used car money....or I would of bought the Z.

But sweet Cobra nut swinging post, we are all owners that enjoy fast cars. You are no better then some on the "5.0" guys, you are just as radical with your insults.

The whole gist of this thread is hate for the c5z and of course, because 5.0 owners are insecure about a certain ten year old Cobra, Cobra hate is in any 5.0 vs. whatever thread. It's factual, review other threads.

Sweet cobra nut swinging post...? Hahaha, when Ford pumps out a 5.0 that is literally unbeatable to most cars with basic bolt ons as the 03/04 Cobra was back in it's day, you guys might get the respect 03/04s have/ had. Until then I'm sure that most of you sweet 5.0 owners will continue to believe your cars are the coolest thing since sliced bread.

BTW, when I was 23 I had a z06 and a house so your point is?

Cool story, bro!

Last edited:

Riptide

Established Member
Sweet cobra nut swinging post...? Hahaha
Well... you were the one who was bragging about how much attention you get in your car.
will continue to believe your cars are the coolest thing since sliced bread
It's kinda funny how much some 5.blow owners, cobros, etc. drivers have their manhood tied up in their car. It's as if everywhere they go they are greeted by cheering throngs of women with pom poms literally throwing panties at the windshield. Legendary alright. LOL

germeezy1

Established Member
Well... you were the one who was bragging about how much attention you get in your car.It's kinda funny how much some 5.blow owners, cobros, etc. drivers have their manhood tied up in their car. It's as if everywhere they go they are greeted by cheering throngs of women with pom poms literally throwing panties at the windshield. Legendary alright. LOL

If their idea is to buy a car , and become legendary a car that the majority of women believes can be rented at the local airport is not the way to becoming legendary. Even a well used S class Mercedes is far more appealing to the average woman.

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
I do think the cobras have an appeal to them
When I was 13 or so all I wanted was a girlfriend and a cobra
I saved my money tried to get one but was able to financially I drove my moms acura tl
Got used to it my grandfather bought me and my brother a dodge charger rt 07 we worked on it drove learned to respect cars a bit
I sold that for a cobra when I was financially able to
It took me this long to get the car I'm almost 21
I got it and the motor went due to a bad tune
I waited almost a year for me to save enough for a mmr motor
And now it's going turbo
It's one of the more modified ones
My cobra has an appeal to me not everyone else
The 5.0's are fast and no one is denying it but cobras were as fast as the 5.0s and faster with bolt ons
In 2003-04 that's why they earned the respect
The 5.0's are well on their way of doing that as well
I love my cobra but I like the 5.0 as well and see its a mean mother****er

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Well... you were the one who was bragging about how much attention you get in your car.It's kinda funny how much some 5.blow owners, cobros, etc. drivers have their manhood tied up in their car. It's as if everywhere they go they are greeted by cheering throngs of women with pom poms literally throwing panties at the windshield. Legendary alright. LOL

That shit happens to me on the regular, Cobras do drop them panties.

On a serious note...My car probably gets looks & thumbs up because I keep her so slick from wax and sealant but in my head I think it's because I drive a Terminator.

blackvette101

Established Member
Any "kid" who is a first time mustang owner probably isn't driving a 5.0. They are driving a cheaper, older, used mustang worth maybe 10-15. Unless daddy bought them the car.

First time current MY owners are going to usually be adults. With money.

Unfortunately. Adults are perfectly capable of acting like children.

Maybe an unemployed kid. But many many kids that have even a part time job can afford a 3k downpayment and 110 buck a week car payment for a base GT. Especially when most kids have their food/living expenses paid for.

Riptide

Established Member
I know how much they cost. I just bought one two months ago. I also know what minimum wage is, how much gasoline costs, and insurance. And I know how much the average kid is going to be able to work in a week and still complete school work, sports, etc..

Without help from the parental units. It's pretty god damn tough to afford it.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I know how much they cost. I just bought one two months ago. I also know what minimum wage is, how much gasoline costs, and insurance. And I know how much the average kid is going to be able to work in a week and still complete school work, sports, etc..

Without help from the parental units. It's pretty god damn tough to afford it.
High School, I agree....

But being a 20 something is very possible to own one.

Riptide

Established Member
If not in college full time. And if they have a well paying job right in their early twenties. Sure. That doesn't describe the majority.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
If not in college full time. And if they have a well paying job right in their early twenties. Sure. That doesn't describe the majority.
Again, I agree. I graduated and found a career within our local government. Paying, building, insuring 2 cars(my beater) is pretty easy while at home. But like I stated earlier, I am looking to buy my first house and the mustang may get sold to free up the money needed. I need(want) 20% up front then my 3.5% closing is a big chunk of money to swing.

BUT

Back on topic of me beating a C5Z :D

Users who are viewing this thread