2012 Catoctin Cruise! New Date: Nov 11th!!

Why Try

Established Member
Rain date 11/11 is in effect

HAVE FUEL WHEN YOU SHOW UP. More details to come.
The map:
State Farm Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 to Family Restaurant - Google Maps You may have to be on a PC to see or download an app for cell phone. PRINT IT!

It starts with a nice ride though the country across covered bridges and farm land. Cruise though Thurmont and regrouping at Catoctin High School. Then a ride up the mountain to some back roads for some nice fall colors and scenery. This will be a slower part mostly for the sites as some of the roads are tight. Regrouping at Washington county line on 491 for the higher speed portion. Back down 77 with a ride though Catoctin park and then 15 with a nice U-turn back north for lunch buffet in Thurmont. First thing to know is this uses a lot of Greg's old roads and some are one lane and are back mountain roads. If you went on one of the earlier cruises you know what to expect. All roads are paved but there were two spots on Hornet's nest that had a small amount of gravel running from driveways. Second, we will be going over 3 covered bridges so front and x-pipe clearance is something to keep in mind when crossing. I was riding with Chris in his 13 GT500 and we had zero scrapes and cleared everything BUT if I had a 00R I would remove front lower.

Start at State Farm 9:00am Meet & greet COME READY TO GO, FUEL, NAV, FRS RADIO, ETC!!

LEAVING AT 10:00am Not 10:01 or 10:10 unless act of god or something I can't control.

If you get lost on the first leg have this address in NAV and go to 14745 Sabillasville Road Thurmont, MD 21788 for regroup. Hint: Catoctin High School

If you get lost on the second leg go to 491 aka Raven Rock road and MT. Zion rd for regroup. Hint: it is the Washington County line

End MOUNTAIN GATE RESTAURANT Thurmont

I will post a cheater directions closer to event for people who like "At the second stop sign make right" For people who have trouble with google maps detailed directions. Google makes things sound more confusing then it really is.
Rain date 11/11 is in effect
Attendees:
1. Why Try
2. GT500RedStripe
3. charba951
4. NickF1011
5. 007snake
6. 5.0Trunk
7. flattrack53
8. ScottinSSMD
9. gcassidy
10. onefastcar
11. dkscobra2003
12. I-CAN-STANG
13. Shifty Powers
14. TonyUMD
15. jacob517
16. frederick184
17. stangbanger1986
18. shortbus03
19. ruarkkustomz
20. brianz426
21. cgouzlis
22. 5spd07gt
23. deadernie
24. Bonefish
25. SicMonte
26. Sixcams
27. LeadFoot_Cobra
28. rowapr
29. 2blackstangs
30. usmcsvtwannabe
31. VerySneaky
32. GokartMozart315
33. bpmurr
34. Slightly Motivated

Last edited:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Whoo! I should have my headers around the 15th...who wants to help lol?! Should be a great time on this cruise. Is there any way to get a google maps layout or something?

Why Try

Established Member
Whoo! I should have my headers around the 15th...who wants to help lol?! Should be a great time on this cruise. Is there any way to get a google maps layout or something?

The route and regrouping areas with be on here closer to the date after final planning and a mock cruise is done. I will be running the course before just to make sure the roads are nice and have clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread