2012 F-150 Ecoboost and Stainless Works exhaust

Franchi

Established Member
Here is a few videos showing the new exhaust on my truck...

Stainless Works offroad downpipe to S tube muffler catback on 12 F150 Ecoboost. LOTS of turbo whistle! Hard to get a good tone out of this V6 especially when used to roaring V8 but I like it, perfect for a DD I think. Different tone and sound then the Mustang but not annoying at all unlike most Ecoboost exhaust systems I've heard which have a serious ricer burn going on. Realize it's not for everybody but everybody in the world liked the exact same things, would be a very boring place.

Personally, I love it! It has a great tone at startup, idle, under acceleration ( both light, medium and WOT ) yet doesn't have any drone at cruising rpms and nice and quiet inside the truck.

Start up, idle and rev

Stainless Works Ecoboost Exhaust, 2012 Ford F150 with SW offroad downpipe and S Tube muffler catback - YouTube

Light acceleration
Stainless Works Ecoboost Exhaust, 2012 Ford F150 with SW offroad downpipe and S Tube muffler catback - YouTube

In cab
In cab Stainless Works F150 Ecoboost exhaust - YouTube

Couple pics of the truck getting the exhaust installed at Stainless Works...

ecoboost-on-lift-at-stainlessworks-1.jpg

ecoboost-on-lift-at-stainlessworks-2.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Sounds like a small diesel lol. I like it though and your truck looks good! I would like to do an EB swap into my Harley.

04svtterm

Established Member
im a fan of what they are doing with the ECOboost and def think its a stout truck. But that sounds like shit. Only downfall of the ecoboost f150 is the V6 sound. badass looking truck regardless...im just too big of a v8 guy.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
thanks for posting this. I've been considering the same setup

stangaholic280

Established Member
im a fan of what they are doing with the ECOboost and def think its a stout truck. But that sounds like shit. Only downfall of the ecoboost f150 is the V6 sound. badass looking truck regardless...im just too big of a v8 guy.

I agree. I love the Eco-boost, but that thing sounds like garbage. Turbo sound is awesome, but as for the sound of exhaust...sounds like a bulldozer. :shrug:

Franchi

Established Member
Yep, its not for everybody. I did test drive the 5.0 when I was deciding between the two and I liked it a lot. Just liked the low rpms torque of the ecoboost better. And the exhaust tone is different but I like it. Stock exhaust though is quiet, super quiet so for some, leaving it stock works too. I can just never leave any vehicle stock for long lol

johnkn

Established Member
Last edited:

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
Like some of the others said, I like the sound of the turbo and the exhaust tone actually sounds good, but just doesn't belong with a full size truck. They need to make an ecooboost v8 lol.

OrangeMachine

Established Member
Unless that system makes more power, I see no reason for it. There is no cosmetic gain and it sounds absolutely horrid. Not a fan. That being said, the ecoboost is really cool.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Not bad. I always loved the sound of an uncorked Buick GN V6, as well as my GMC Syclone 4.3 Turbo V6.

If they could get the tone a little deeper it'd sound better, IMO.

Bokeo

Established Member
Yep. Tuned,drop in cai , SW exhaust and upgraded Wagner intercooler. Last dyno before the exhuast was 355 rwhp and 475 torque

Very nice, take that truck to the drags. I'd like to see what it can pull in the 1/4. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread