2012 focus ST

forcefedcobra

Established Member
My best bud who has been a focus nut since getting his svtf new in 02 is dying to get the new ST. I keep thinking to myself "why get an ST when I have an 800 rwhp cobra in the garage and my svtf is a great DD?" but the more I see this car the more I think it would be a great upgrade from my svtf. a little more family room and still a great DD. wonder what the mpg's will be? If it's the same or better than my svtf and price is right I might be in the same boat.

silvernewedge

Established Member
My best bud who has been a focus nut since getting his svtf new in 02 is dying to get the new ST. I keep thinking to myself "why get an ST when I have an 800 rwhp cobra in the garage and my svtf is a great DD?" but the more I see this car the more I think it would be a great upgrade from my svtf. a little more family room and still a great DD. wonder what the mpg's will be? If it's the same or better than my svtf and price is right I might be in the same boat.

not to threadjack, but what kind of mileage do you see out of your SVTF? I'm contemplating picking up one to replace my v6 stang this summer, I drive mostly in the city now and I'd like something that can do better than 19 mpg around town.

I bet the mileage on the ST will be pretty impressive for what it is, the last few articles I've read about it all state that Ford is expecting it to still be a very fuel efficient car. I think it will be great, too bad it won't be an AWD WRX fighter though.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
not to threadjack, but what kind of mileage do you see out of your SVTF? I'm contemplating picking up one to replace my v6 stang this summer, I drive mostly in the city now and I'd like something that can do better than 19 mpg around town.

I bet the mileage on the ST will be pretty impressive for what it is, the last few articles I've read about it all state that Ford is expecting it to still be a very fuel efficient car. I think it will be great, too bad it won't be an AWD WRX fighter though.

never really check city mileage but I get about 29 on the highway cruising 75 mph.

I'm sure the turbo st will still get decent fuel economy. AWD would make it a lock for me.

silvernewedge

Established Member
I see, I've seen some people claiming to get 35 mpg highway but I find that hard to believe considering most reviews I've looked at don't even show the regular ZX3 hitting real world numbers that high.

It's too bad we don't get the entire European focus drivetrain lineup here in the states. 50 and 60+ mpg gas and diesel versions, not to mention the RS.

whiplash306

Established Member
This might be the replacement we look to when we look to (reluctantly) unload the '08 Mazdaspeed 3. What an awesome looking ride....!

jvert

Established Member
I average 28-30 mpg on my 5 door svtf. I do a bit of highway driving.

88 347 stroker

Established Member
AWD would make it a lock for me.[/QUOTE]

that would do it for me also. the RS in europe is AWD so im hoping it will make its way in to the ST soon.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
AWD would make it a lock for me.

that would do it for me also. the RS in europe is AWD so im hoping it will make its way in to the ST soon.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the euro rs is not awd. The whole craze of the revo knuckle was to reduce torque steer from the high hp fwd setup

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
AWD would make it a lock for me.

that would do it for me also. the RS in europe is AWD so im hoping it will make its way in to the ST soon.[/QUOTE]

The RS was and is a front wheel drive car, Ford and the press made a huge deal about the RS and it's ability to put down 300 hp through the front wheels and do it well.

I'd guess that there's zero chance of an AWD ST or RS happening.

Personally I'd be happy if they'd just trim off the two extra doors. :nonono:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
that would do it for me also. the RS in europe is AWD so im hoping it will make its way in to the ST soon.

The RS was and is a front wheel drive car, Ford and the press made a huge deal about the RS and it's ability to put down 300 hp through the front wheels and do it well.

I'd guess that there's zero chance of an AWD ST or RS happening.

Personally I'd be happy if they'd just trim off the two extra doors. :nonono:[/QUOTE]

Yes an ST model in 5 door just isnt right but like we have talked about on the phone before, I think ford will do better in sales going this route. at least on the st. since its brand new to the US market those of us who would prefer a 3 door will still spring for the 5 door and a bunch of people who have no idea will love it because the extra utility the 5 door will bring. I think if the ST does well here we might have hopes for a US RS but it will have to be a 3 door to keep the foci faithfull interested!

If I still havent purchased an evo or sti by the time they come out with a possible RS............I'll for sure jump all over an RS! AWD or not

Users who are viewing this thread