2012 GT500 Boost Gauge

synergydetail

Established Member
Hey all, just picked up my 2012 GT500 it’s bone stock no issues whatsoever. While driving I noticed the boost gauge shows 0 and doesn’t change throughout driving. Motor doesn’t appear to be making boost at all while driving. Any advice, tips, input greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

william7635

Established Member
Hey all, just picked up my 2012 GT500 it’s bone stock no issues whatsoever. While driving I noticed the boost gauge shows 0 and doesn’t change throughout driving. Motor doesn’t appear to be making boost at all while driving. Any advice, tips, input greatly appreciated!

Mine is the same. I had the dealer inspect the gauge, but nothing improved the situation. I now rely on an external gauge with higher accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97cobra...

Established Member

Does the car feel down on power ? I’ve read and have personally experienced the factory boost gauge not being all that reliable lol, when my car was stock it should 8# after a pulley swap and x pipe it moved up to 9# lol the car definitely makes more then that so I’d say add a mechanical gauge if you want a true boost reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM-Performance

Established Member
You should be able to tell if the car is actually making boost or not. And basically as long as it has a belt on it, its gonna make boost.
From my understanding the boost value is taken from some sort of maf calculation and not a true boost/vac reading via a vac line. Your dealer should be able to diagnose this, if not, go to a diff dealer. But as the others said, it does not sound like it is all that accurate

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
This if correct. The boost gauge is nothing but a visual placebo. If you want a gauge that properly displays boost, you need to go to the aftermarket.

einehund

Established Member
I just added a standalone boost sensor and for me personally, the stock boost gauge and the true gauge aren't off that far by either psi or timing of boost. The mechanical boost gauge reads a bit higher, but the pressure ramps a bit slower than the stock gauge shows.... at least until the stock gauge is pegged, then i can only say that, wooooo! I like the boost!!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Check hoses from bypass valve to ports on the intake and behind the throtle body. When the throttle blade is open and the pressures behind the throttle plate increases similar of that in front of the throttle plate, the valve closes and generates boost.

If its not hooked up correctly or has a failure, your supercharger wont generate boost. You should hear the telltale supercharger whine when it goes into boost. And the "Holy shit this car is unhinged" feeling followed by a shit eating grin.

The gauge display has no control over boost. Just an indicator OF boost, not how much unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread