2012 Gt500 Mods

Svt_myke

Established Member
Hello Guys! I am new here. I have a 2012 gt500. I wanna make 800 to the tires. Here is my mod list. My last dyno was 714 seems kind of low. I am going to the track soon to get my trap speed and E.T what's everyone with a 11/12 making and running with my Similar mods.
Manley Rods
Manley pistons
Vmp gen3 2.5 pulley
Id1050x injectors
Kenne bell 168 TB
Jlt 148 intake
American racing 1 7/8 longtubes with Hpipe
Fore innovations return style fuel system with double 465 pumps
Boundary oil pump and gear
Boundary Billet crank gear
Mmr Secondary chains
Mmr Chain guides.
Lund tuned. Race gas was 20* of timing
I am switching to e85 this week. Think my timing will be at 22*

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
What compression ratio and what cams? Dyno?

VMP made 721rwhp on a Gen 3 with a 2.6 and 15* timing (Trinity injectors, pump booster, plugs and 93 pump).
@9:23

With a switch to C16 and timing it made over 800rwhp. Your pulls could just have been a bad day on a tough dyno.

merkyworks

Established Member
Power number seem in the ball park for a 5.4L motor build.

The 5.8L motors just make power easier, larger cylinder bores really helps to unshroud the valves and flow more air.

Svt_myke

Established Member
Power number seem in the ball park for a 5.4L motor build.

The 5.8L motors just make power easier, larger cylinder bores really helps to unshroud the valves and flow more air.
Seems kind of low. Vmp in that video made 802hp uncorrected with a stock exhaust system and stock Compression. My car was on race gas with ms109 in it. I just think I was a low reading loaded dyno. I know the 5.8 makes more power. I know I can still do cams and might pick up about 40 to 50 hp. My buddy has a built 5.4 10.5 Compression and makes over 1000 to the tires. I was just hoping for a little over 800. Just wanted to see what guys with 5.4's and Similar mods where making.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
5.4 cams are very mild and the lower intake is a restriction. Without addressing these two factors, I don't see you making more power unless you go E85 and turn up the boost and ignition timing. Most of your current mods add strength, not power. You just need to go to the next level.

Svt_myke

Established Member
5.4 cams are very mild and the lower intake is a restriction. Without addressing these two factors, I don't see you making more power unless you go E85 and turn up the boost and ignition timing. Most of your current mods add strength, not power. You just need to go to the next level.
VMP gen 3 with a 2.5 griptech add power so do 1 7/8 longtubes. And ms109 makes more power then e85. So what's the next level?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
VMP gen 3 with a 2.5 griptech add power so do 1 7/8 longtubes. And ms109 makes more power then e85. So what's the next level?
I missed the blower specs, so either it's a real stingy dyno or heat soaked and pulling timing, or both. Did you datalog the dyno pull? Can't tell what's wrong without doing that. More aggressive cams and port the intake manifold would be the next level.

Last edited:

Svt_myke

Established Member
I missed the blower specs, so either it's a real stingy dyno or heat soaked and pulling timing, or both. Did you datalog the dyno pull? Can't tell what's wrong without doing that. More aggressive cams and port the intake manifold would be the next level.
Yes sir we data logged with Lund. And my iats2 where only about 112. So it was not pulling timing. Think i found a Stingy dyno

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
If it were a Mustang Dyno, it would be over 800 on a Dynojet. I'm not familiar with Dynomite and how it compares. Lund may have a better idea. Or just put it on a Dynojet and see what it makes. You may already be at your goal.

HKusp

Established Member
Or put it on a track and see what those numbers are. I know we all like to get caught up on dyno numbers but they are all a little different and they don't really tell the whole story. Time slips, and trap speeds do not lie. It takes a little more skill on the drivers part to drive it down a track versus put it on a dyno, I know, but isn't that really what we are looking for? The car to be fast?

Svt_myke

Established Member
Or put it on a track and see what those numbers are. I know we all like to get caught up on dyno numbers but they are all a little different and they don't really tell the whole story. Time slips, and trap speeds do not lie. It takes a little more skill on the drivers part to drive it down a track versus put it on a dyno, I know, but isn't that really what we are looking for? The car to be fast?
I did say I was going to take her to the track and I know that e.t and trap speed tell the whole story. Not really caught up on the dyno numbers. I know every dyno is different. And I know there are alot of different factors that play a role. I just wanted to see what guys where making with a 5.4 with Similar mods. And that was going to be my next question on what there e.t and trap speed was in the 1/8 and in the quarter... I know that's going to be different also. One driver could pull a 1.4 60' when a different driver same car can pull a 1.8. All on driving skills. I still wanna know what guys with a built 5.4 are making and running.

802gt500

Established Member
12 Shelby 5.4 manley rods, mmr pistons, gen 2tvs 2.6 upper 10 lower jdm ss cams 1 7/8 headers no cats id1000 twin 67 afco intercooler dyno 748 rwhp 682 rwtq 1.87 60s 10.8@136. 555r tires idle out of hole, when it spins I short shift to 2nd then spins again and short shift to 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread