2013/2014 Raptor Depreciation after 2017

SuperSoulless

Established Member
Hey guys! I'm looking at buying a 2013/2014 Raptor SCREW within the next few months. I almost bought a 2008/2009 GT500, but decided that I would rather have a larger vehicle with an automatic transmission. What occurred to me is that they may depreciate a little bit more after the new 2017s come out. I don't really care about resale value honestly. However, I don't want to spend money I don't need to. With the new Raptors coming out, how much do you think the 13/14s will depreciate after their release? Specifically the limited edition trucks. Thanks for any help!

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
The 6.2L V8 Raptor value is currently appreciating and will exponentially appreciate after the 2017 model arrives. Many used 13/14 Raptors are still commanding over $60k

SuperSoulless

Established Member
The 6.2L V8 Raptor value is currently appreciating and will exponentially appreciate after the 2017 model arrives. Many used 13/14 Raptors are still commanding over $60k

I'm looking at many used 13/14 SCREWs under 50k. What is your reasoning for them appreciating after the new models. Yes, the v8 will have disappeared. But the 2017 is supposedly more capable. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything. I just want to make sure that I don't buy a truck early and spend more money than if I had just waited a month.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
He trolls everything Ford is doing right now. He is convinced it will be so bad, the old ones will be in demand instead.

You arent the only one waiting for the values to come down, though, so dont expect too much of a drop right away. I'd buy one if low/mid miles dips into the mid/low 30's. I think lots of others would, too.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Who knows. Seems like the prices for 2012-14 have stayed the same if not gone up since I bought mine(at least in S FL).

Eventually they'll drop from their high asking price. Don't think it'll happen once the 17's initially come out, especially for the SE 2014's.

So, you may be waiting into next year before a noticeable price drop may occur. imo

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The new Raptor is going to greatly outperform the 1st Gen trucks in pretty much every regard. The Gen 1 will still be sought after by those wanting a V8, but those wanting the most a Raptor can give will move to the Gen 2.

Dusten

Established Member
I'm looking at many used 13/14 SCREWs under 50k. What is your reasoning for them appreciating after the new models. Yes, the v8 will have disappeared. But the 2017 is supposedly more capable. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything. I just want to make sure that I don't buy a truck early and spend more money than if I had just waited a month.

He's a progess hating ****ing tool bag.
He can't fathom a v6 making more power and getting better mpg's than a vee eight motor....

bknapp

Established Member
Ford won't be building enough of the new ones to notice any drop in price on the gen 1's. We don't even know the Gen 2 pricing yet so there's that. If the Gen 2's start at $50,000 for SCabs then the SCrews will be well into the $60,000's. It's all speculation at this point. If you want one now, can afford it, and don't care about resale go for it! If not, give it a year and prices will have come down. I love Gen 1's but the new trucks are so much nicer. Once the Gen 2's are out people will see and make the upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ford won't be building enough of the new ones to notice any drop in price on the gen 1's. We don't even know the Gen 2 pricing yet so there's that. If the Gen 2's start at $50,000 for SCabs then the SCrews will be well into the $60,000's. It's all speculation at this point. If you want one now, can afford it, and don't care about resale go for it! If not, give it a year and prices will have come down. I love Gen 1's but the new trucks are so much nicer. Once the Gen 2's are out people will see and make the upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ford will sell to demand.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'm guessing it will have very little impact. Only SuperCabs will be available for a while, another thing to consider.

SuperSoulless

Established Member
Lots of interesting replies here. I'm surprised that it would t have much of an impact. I was seeing the value in the 13/14s mostly being due to it being a highly demanded vehicle that went "out of production". Interesting that the price won't lower when the new ones come out. In that case, I will most likely just go ahead and grab a 2014 Red Limited Edition SCREW in a few weeks. Thanks for the info everyone!

Rct851

Established Member
Was going to post the same thread. I want one but damn they have held value well and I don't want to get in right before a fall off

Superchargedgt

Established Member
It will be a Ford Performance vehicle, won't it? Same as the GT350 and Focus RS.

From what I have heard, it will be mass produced. I have heard it will just be called a Ford Raptor not Ford Performance anything. No SVT, No FPV. Doesn't the GT350 have Shelby in front of it.

Users who are viewing this thread