2013/2014 Raptor Depreciation after 2017

bknapp

Established Member
The new Raptor was developed by Jamal Hameedi and the Ford Performance team. From everything I've seen and read it will be called the "Ford Performance F150 Raptor". The dealers will get allocation for stock but they can place as many customer orders as they get. Same as last Raptor. There was never any set limit per year, but they didn't make more than they had orders for.

Ya the GT350 has "Shelby" in front of it but it's still a Ford Performance vehicle, to my knowledge. It comes with the red Ford Performance window sticker from the factory.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I gotta love these threads.

Gen I Raptors carry a pretty hefty price because there is NOTHING in the market to compete with it. Dodge's truck is terrible. I got rid of my Raptor when the 15's came out. I had a 2015 Platinum that was LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than the Raptor in power, comfort and obviously gadgets (hard to beat massage seats).

When the 2017 Raptors hit the ground running, they will be bringing $5-15k over MSRP, I guarantee it. That may even be being conservative. I would also venture to guess MSRP for a loaded crew cab will be close to $70k. With King Ranch and Platinums having a MSRP of $65k, I don't see a problem with a $70k Raptor.

At the end of the day, no one gives a damn if it's an SVT or Ford Racing vehicle.

EDIT: It will be Ford Racing. It will not be mass produced.

Sirraf

Established Member
If I can get a reasonable deal on a 17 Raptor, I will be pulling the trigger. The possibilities with that truck are endless with the TTs. Not to mention they are several hundred pounds lighter than the previous generations. I can't see spending 50k on a 13' Raptor right now when you can possibly get a 17' in the low 60's for a base model SCAB.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I remember on Autoline Detroit it was mentioned that 1 in 10 F150s built were Raptors. There will be plenty of supply out there. After seeing the 2017 in person, there is no reason to overpay for a used one

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember on Autoline Detroit it was mentioned that 1 in 10 F150s built were Raptors. There will be plenty of supply out there. After seeing the 2017 in person, there is no reason to overpay for a used one
I don't believe that ratio is correct, at all.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I will retract what I wrote. I think it was something like 5 Raptors are made per hour.
Still sounds high. But I guess we'll see!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I will retract what I wrote. I think it was something like 5 Raptors are made per hour.

Ford builds 200 F150s an hour.

That's closer to 1 in 50. Even then, that still sounds high. I'd believe they ran 5/HR during certain months, but not all year.

5/HR would be roughly 20k a year. Maybe that is right..

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
When the F-150 SVT Raptor was first introduced in 2009, the plant only produced two trucks per hour. After initial demand surged, Ford increased this number to three trucks per hour, and now Ford plans to produce five Ford F-150 SVT Raptor units per hour to match Raptor sales which are up 14 percent in 2013 year-to-date over last year.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...-production-increasing-to-meet-demand-245453/

SuperSoulless

Established Member
If I can get a reasonable deal on a 17 Raptor, I will be pulling the trigger. The possibilities with that truck are endless with the TTs. Not to mention they are several hundred pounds lighter than the previous generations. I can't see spending 50k on a 13' Raptor right now when you can possibly get a 17' in the low 60's for a base model SCAB.

Personally, I don't like the 2017s. I am not doubting that it will be a fantastic vehicle. And in many ways, it's going to be an improvement over the last gen. I just like the look of the last gen much more. Also, I'm not a fan of the new engine. It isn't because it's a v6, so stop typing. It's because of the TT. While I appreciate the massive power that could yield later on, you will NEVER get rid of the turbo lag. Also, it's a lot more moving parts and another set of parts that can fail. While it is an awesome truck on paper, I am just personally not a fan of forced induction. The only type of forced induction I would consider doing is SC. But that's my opinion :) Also, I heard they're only doing SCABS and not SCREWS for the first year. That's a major no go for me. Four doors for more wh*res. Haha.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Turbo ls not really an issue with small turbos and 10:1 compression. The new 3.5 will make more torque than the 6.2 everywhere along the power curve.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Personally, I don't like the 2017s. I am not doubting that it will be a fantastic vehicle. And in many ways, it's going to be an improvement over the last gen. I just like the look of the last gen much more. Also, I'm not a fan of the new engine. It isn't because it's a v6, so stop typing. It's because of the TT. While I appreciate the massive power that could yield later on, you will NEVER get rid of the turbo lag. Also, it's a lot more moving parts and another set of parts that can fail. While it is an awesome truck on paper, I am just personally not a fan of forced induction. The only type of forced induction I would consider doing is SC. But that's my opinion :) Also, I heard they're only doing SCABS and not SCREWS for the first year. That's a major no go for me. Four doors for more wh*res. Haha.

Go read the recent C&D mag with the Porsche 911 GT3 and McLaren 570S on the cover. They compared the 3.5EB vs the 5.0L in the F150, plus a bunch more N/A vs turbo cars.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Turbo ls not really an issue with small turbos and 10:1 compression. The new 3.5 will make more torque than the 6.2 everywhere along the power curve.

Yup.

Zero lag in the Explorer Sport/ Escape 2.0L turbos. If anything, the Sport is boost happy. lol

Randy M

Established Member
The Gen I will take a value hit once the Gen II reviews are out and they're available to buy. Just like the B302's took a hit when the GT350's came out. They're still great trucks but when the next Gen comes out, the last one usually takes a dive in depreciation.

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
The Gen I will take a value hit once the Gen II reviews are out and they're available to buy. Just like the B302's took a hit when the GT350's came out. They're still great trucks but when the next Gen comes out, the last one usually takes a dive in depreciation.

Yes, but the hit will be small. Raptor boards are reporting crazy prices, well over MSRP from the majority of dealers on Gen II. This will help the price of Gen I stay higher.

Users who are viewing this thread