2013/2014 Shelby GT500 Dyno Results

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Having seen MANY dyno results scattered in various threads throughout the forum, I asked Tob if we could establish a Sticky in which to compile them. He graciously agreed, and will morph this thread into that Sticky once it's established. Toward that end and regardless of whether you've posted them previously, please post your dyno results here. A few guidelines should keep things in order:
- 2013/2014 Shelby GT500s only, please
- Both modified and unmodified results are welcome
- Please include a summary of performance-related mods, if any
- Please include the printout(s) from your pull(s)

I'll get things started with the pull I did on 30 May 14 ...

Dyno Baseline.jpg

I was very happy with the 642 HP and 621 FT-LBS pull.

My "mods" are a stock-size, no-tune JLT Intake and Airaid Filter (both also listed in my sig block). The car was running pump gas and its original/factory tune.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
Having seen MANY dyno results scattered in various threads throughout the forum, I asked Tob if we could establish a Sticky in which to compile them. He graciously agreed, and will morph this thread into that Sticky once it's established. Toward that end and regardless of whether you've posted them previously, please post your dyno results here. A few guidelines should keep things in order:

BaselineDynoPull_zps582002c8.gif

I'm very happy with 642 HP and 621 FT-LBS from a baseline pull. (My stock-size, no-tune JLT Intake and Airaid Filter aren't considered "performance" mods, and the car was running pump gas.)

Norton- awesome results for an untuned JLT intake car. I'm willing to bet you picked up an easy 25-30rwhp from that alone.

Anyways, glad to see we're going to have a dyno sticky. Makes it every easy to compare notes and modifications. :beer:

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My 2014:
The stock base line dyno on 2 May 2014 - .....stock = as it was from the factory

Same dyno: ( 2 June 2014, after the below listed mods )
3.4 Whipple, FRPP mono-blade, Kooks 1 7/8" w catted " green " X pipe, 170* T-stat, FRPP 80 lb. injectors, FRPP 140mm MAF, 140mm zip tube, Thumper belt tensioner, FRPP air filter, Jegs air / oil separator, FRPP 3.73 ring & pinion, Roush 3x degas tank.
.......................Detuned to: ( tuner saw 818 )

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member

I'm very happy with 642 HP and 621 FT-LBS from a baseline pull. (My stock-size, no-tune JLT Intake and Airaid Filter aren't considered "performance" mods, and the car was running pump gas.)

Awesome! Was that on 91?

01mingreyvert

Established Member
Why stock are they so jagged up top. Mine felt like it was missing on the dyno above 5000 with only 500 miles on the clock.

Softballer77

Established Member
feel we need to re-define "baseline stock" evidently. I feel if it isn't considered a performance mod on the engine, then why were they done? Aftermarket intakes and induction-improvement filters are not "cosmetic touches". Especially when we know how much this engine responds to better breathing.

Mine with NOTHING touched was 582hp/600 torque with 91 octane. 96 degrees, 37% humidity, 925' elevation.

...642/621? What the?.....

10585769_10101681960948763_1251061090_o.jpg

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Wow, that is awesome for stock, higher than I would have thought.
I agree. No one was more surprised than I at the results. The guys at RWR said they'd dynoed about half-a-dozen "stock" 2013/2014 GT500s when I visited them. Prior to mine, the best they'd seen was ~620 HP. (I do NOT know whether anyone else had replaced the stock resonator tube and/or paper filter.)

Norton- awesome results for an untuned JLT intake car. I'm willing to bet you picked up an easy 25-30rwhp from that alone.
Anyways, glad to see we're going to have a dyno sticky. Makes it every easy to compare notes and modifications. :beer:
Thanks! I wouldn't have guessed those two simple mods would produce measurable horsepower gains but, based on the results, it seems they may have.

Agreed! When I contacted Tob, I hoped we'd end up with a single place to compare mods and results.
Awesome! Was that on 91?
Yes. Unfortunately, that's the best gas we can get here at altitude.

feel we need to re-define "baseline stock" evidently. I feel if it isn't considered a performance mod on the engine, then why were they done? Aftermarket intakes and induction-improvement filters are not "cosmetic touches". Especially when we know how much this engine responds to better breathing.

Mine with NOTHING touched was 582hp/600 torque with 91 octane. 96 degrees, 37% humidity, 925' elevation.

...642/621? What the?.....
I hear what you're saying and I readily admit the presence of a stock-size JLT intake and Airaid filter. I've just never seen those referred to as "performance" mods. (Others have been scoffed at for claiming power gains from them.) In answer to your question, I installed them for APPEARANCE and SOUND purposes. (My car sees more time at shows than the track. I hated both the appearance of the OEM yellow paper filter and a "resonator" muffling the supercharger.) Other atmospheric conditions are listed on my dyno sheet, but elevation in Littleton, CO is about 5300'. As with other dyno results I've seen, mine are "corrected".

FWIW, the point of this thread was not to debate dyno results, but to collect them into one place. As long as users include the printout(s) from their pull(s) and a summary of their "mods", I'm not sure I see the need to re-define "baseline stock".

Last edited:

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member

^^^

That's not a stock baseline run….
pinocchio.gif

Softballer77

Established Member
I agree. No one was more surprised than I at the results. The guys at RWR said they'd dynoed about half-a-dozen "stock" 2013/2014 GT500s when I visited them. Prior to mine, the best they'd seen was ~620 HP. (I do NOT know whether anyone else had replaced the stock resonator tube and/or paper filter.)

Thanks! I wouldn't have guessed those two simple mods would produce measurable horsepower gains but, based on the results, it seems they may have.

Agreed! When I contacted Tob, I hoped we'd end up with a single place to compare mods and results.

Yes. Unfortunately, that's the best gas we can get here at altitude.

I hear what you're saying and I readily admit the presence of a stock-size JLT intake and Airaid filter. I've just never seen those referred to as "performance" mods. (Others have been scoffed at for claiming power gains from them.) In answer to your question, I installed them for APPEARANCE and SOUND purposes. (My car sees more time at shows than the track. I hated the both the appearance of the OEM yellow paper filter and a "resonator" muffling the supercharger.) Other atmospheric conditions are listed on my dyno sheet, but elevation in Littleton, CO is about 5300'. As with other dyno results I've seen, mine are "corrected".

FWIW, the point of this thread was not to debate dyno results, but to collect them into one place. As long as users include the printout(s) from their pull(s) and a summary of their "mods", I'm not sure I see the need to re-define "baseline stock".

I get what you are saying about that stock filter being kinda ugly, but varying materials in a filter will make a diff. I wasn't aware you were in Littleton, which to me should even shed some power. (I'm from Colo too, but in Cali now). To me, baseline stock means everything is just as it was when it left the factory. If there are varying phases of "baseline stock", I have yet to have been informed. If there are, I don't agree with it. That being said, not being touched will never be argued.

If it's a place for all/any dyno results, that's one thing. But if it's strictly a thread on baseline/stock dyno results, then I think that is to be defined. And the truest definition to me is off the factory floor.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
^^^

That's not a stock baseline run….
pinocchio.gif
I had no idea you were there but, as I said above, the point of the thread isn't to debate results. The ONLY mods my car has that could possibly be considered "performance" related are a stock-size JLT intake and an Airaid filter, both of which I listed in my post. I drove it off the showroom floor, so I know it's NEVER been tuned and hasn't seen anything over 91 octane fuel (because of the altitude here). If you want to call that "modified", so be it.

If it makes those of you from California and Canada happier, by all means, call my car modified. Now, can we PLEASE get back on topic and post OTHERS' results?!?

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
2014 GT500
Mods: Intake resonator delete
Pulls: Stock and Lund 93 Tune
Gain: 45RWHP/48RWTQ

Here are my numbers and the testing scenario. 15 mile drive (mostly highway) to the shop. Right on the dyno when I arrive with about 10 minutes to cool down while the car is setup. Then two stock pulls with a few minutes in between. About a ten minute break to load the 93 Lund Tune. Then two more pulls with the tune, a couple minutes between each. Best stock and tune run shown on graph. No tricks or gimmicks to cool the car for peak numbers, just what I can expect when driving it around daily.

GT500withafr.jpgGT500conditions.jpg

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Thanx for setting this up.
Norton your results are indeed eye-opening. I would have thought high elevation + 91 Octane = Less HP???
One thing I noticed while both Norton and Softballer's runs we're on Dynojets set at SAE, Smoothing 5.
Nortons was SAE 1.26, with better numbers
SB's was SAE 1.04-1.05, with lower numbers, both cars run on 91

Maybe someone can weigh in on the difference???
Softballer, how was the GTR Dyno day??? I should have made it and put my '14 Vert. on the rollers. Gotta do that...

Softballer77

Established Member
Norton your results are indeed eye-opening. I would have thought high elevation + 91 Octane = Less HP???
One thing I noticed while both Norton and Softballer's runs we're on Dynojets set at SAE, Smoothing 5.
SB's was SAE 1.04-1.05, with lower numbers, both cars run on 91

Maybe someone can weigh in on the difference???
Softballer, how was the GTR Dyno day??? I should have made it and put my '14 Vert. on the rollers. Gotta do that...

Hello Ray,

I didn't make it for the dyno day there as I travel a lot for work. Was just a random run when I first got the car and put a couple miles on it. I have some other runs after mods from there that I need to post. I want to say that initial run was in dead of August.

I love going there. Those guys are so nice and really seem to enjoy what they do. Plus, I can usually get in on the dyno in a reasonable amount of time. I hope to do a few more things and show up for the next dyno day if I'm in town! Maybe see you there sometime.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
SB's was SAE 1.04-1.05, with lower numbers, both cars run on 91.
The thanks goes Tob for his willingness to Sticky the thread and any other users who add their results.

Your thoughts are spot-on. Both the elevation and gas did = less horsepower. As I understood the explanation provided by the experts at RWR, the SAE numbers you pointed out are "correction factors" used to "normalize" dyno results to sea level. In other words, the horsepower each car actually put down AT THEIR RESPECTIVE ELEVATIONS was (642 / 1.26) = 509 for mine and (582 / 1.05) = 554 for Softballer's. If both were at sea level, they should put down the "corrected" 642 and 582, respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread