2013/2014 Shelby GT500 Dyno Results

mebetter

Established Member
BD5AA33E-4D63-4A93-A7BF-B3BDF96501F7.jpeg
Back on the dyno today. Nice cool temps and C16.

Very similar to my numbers I’m stock unported blower and on e85.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Just added a KB169 Mono + JLT 148CAI...Lund Race Tune..running 96-98 Octane with VP Octanium...PSI Boost max at 16.5. 715hp / 680tq thru 410's.

Attachments

• Z MM Oct 17 Graph.jpg
    Z MM Oct 17 Graph.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 540

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Just added a KB169 Mono + JLT 148CAI...Lund Race Tune..running 96-98 Octane with VP Octanium...PSI Boost max at 16.5. 715hp / 680tq thru 410's.
Very nice!
I forgot to add that 4.10s do have a negative impact on chassis dyno numbers.
I think you'll love the combo at that level with the tires/gears/octane.
Hows the 40-140 pull feel!?
Do you have a recent dyno before the XBA/168? Just wondering what those two alone add.
Nice combo.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice numbers. Interesting boost curve. Boost is restriction and I'm assuming that is stock cam effect. Compare the boost curve to mine with cams and it looks the same until 5000rpm range then falls where yours elevates. Strange.
-J

Bytor

Established Member
Nice numbers. Interesting boost curve. Boost is restriction and I'm assuming that is stock cam effect. Compare the boost curve to mine with cams and it looks the same until 5000rpm range then falls where yours elevates. Strange.
-J

Yup, where does the current cork exist? Not too surprising when I added headers, boost dropped 1.5psi. I’ve seen cams have that affect and your power curve is awesome. HP keeps going up and up while TQ stays flat.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, where does the current cork exist? Not too surprising when I added headers, boost dropped 1.5psi. I’ve seen cams have that affect and your power curve is awesome. HP keeps going up and up while TQ stays flat.
Agreed and I know yours is great power while keeping stock cams and manners.
Impressive how these motors respond to mods/boost.
-J

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Bimini...I've attached dyno sheet from same shop with VMP67, BPS Plenum & JLT 123CAI. Difference was +34 HP increase from 682 to 716. Interesting was peak torque was virtually the same 679 vs 680 with KB.
But the power curve was slightly different. The Twin 67 made 600rw at 2500rpm. The KB Mono made 600rw at 2700rpm but this curve stayed wider making 650rwtq thru 6200rpm vs 5800rpm with the Twin 67. Not a big change but an improved street power curve. I do feel the car pulling harder/more consistent from 3000rpm to redline. Boost was another interesting factor. Twin 67 psi boost was 16.3 and KB Mono was only 16.5. I truly expected boost to go UP and was happy to see it make better power yet stay at a safe 16.5 psi boost level.

Attachments

• MM Headers Dyno Graph 12-14.jpg
    MM Headers Dyno Graph 12-14.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That's a good example of improvement in airflow. Holding a torque curve longer always results in a power improvement, and it's good when you get it without a boost increase.
Would like to see graphs laying over each other you could ask the shop to do and email. Either way glad to hear KB168 working well!
-J

SlowSVT

Established Member
Other than a few outliers the Trinity seems to peak at around 700hp. The 4.6 and 5.4's exceeded that easier than falling off a wet log. What's up with that? I recall Digital running around in an 1100 hp Cobra wearing street clothes.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Other than a few outliers the Trinity seems to peak at around 700hp. The 4.6 and 5.4's exceeded that easier than falling off a wet log. What's up with that? I recall Digital running around in an 1100 hp Cobra wearing street clothes.
Not sure what you're observing, but the Trinity is the best stock modular we've ever had. Best cams and best blower. Most can make 750rwhp with stock blower full bolt one.
If you want more it's a blower swap away, just less '13-14 guys need to swap blowers.
-J

SlowSVT

Established Member
Not sure what you're observing, but the Trinity is the best stock modular we've ever had. Best cams and best blower. Most can make 750rwhp with stock blower full bolt one.
If you want more it's a blower swap away, just less '13-14 guys need to swap blowers.
-J

I was looking at the dyno graphs on this thread. Only a few exceeded 700 hp.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I was looking at the dyno graphs on this thread. Only a few exceeded 700 hp.
Probably just because few blower swap or max out a stock blower. The basic bolt ons give about 700rwhp and these 5.8s are expensive so many guys stop there.
I personally don't know why......
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Motor replacement on the Al 5.8 is stupid expensive which makes folks a bit apprehensive to push for a "max effort" build.

Any Joe can build/replace an iron mod motor with minimal investment.

As said above, the 5.8 has the most out of the box potential of all of them given the most displacement from the factory and highest compression.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Motor replacement on the Al 5.8 is stupid expensive which makes folks a bit apprehensive to push for a "max effort" build.

Any Joe can build/replace an iron mod motor with minimal investment.

As said above, the 5.8 has the most out of the box potential of all of them given the most displacement from the factory and highest compression.

Agree, but the fact it doesn't appear that anyone actually tried is saying something. Has a Trinity engine able to make 1000+ hp and lived to tell about it?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Agree, but the fact it doesn't appear that anyone actually tried is saying something. Has a Trinity engine able to make 1000+ hp and lived to tell about it?
I think Kenne Bell made a little over 1000whp with a 3.6kb on a stock long block but I think it snapped a rod shortly after that dyno run.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I think Kenne Bell made a little over 1000whp with a 3.6kb on a stock long block but I think it snapped a rod shortly after that dyno run.

If he was running stock rods (or even pistons) I don't think that counts he should have known better. They are a pretty easy upgrade.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
If he was running stock rods (or even pistons) I don't think that counts he should have known better. They are a pretty easy upgrade.
I think they new what they were doing but they just wanted to see if it could 1k whp for one pull.

Users who are viewing this thread