2013/2014 Shelby GT500 Dyno Results

blue 07

Established Member
Glad to hear it’s running well.
Looks like you shut the pull down at 6200?
The stock cams will peak at 6500-6700rpm, so you’re leaving a full 500rpm on the table for max power and performance.
Some with previous year GT500s don’t know Ford built in 7000rpm overrev for a reason and I’ve proven it goes faster at the track with higher shift points.
-J
I did notice that. How much power do you think, worth running it again just for sng's or not worth the minimal difference ?
Here is the last pull from 2018
IMG_2248.JPG

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on the car and mods but unless you said to specifically let off early, the shop should have known to take it to the stock 7000rpm redline.
It’s a controlled environment so bett the Dyno than street for 7000.
If no racing, I doubt it’s worth it
-J

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Well I decided to take the car back to the same dyno which is local to me, the last time I ran it was with my kenne bell 2.8lc setup and with cat converters on pump gas. Had a 2.87" upper on it, but regret not having him take it to 7k rpm. This upcoming Saturday morning I will run the new 3.6LC setup I have had for a couple years now.

Any guesses to what I should make on this dyno? My upper is a 3.12" with a free flowing exhaust. Also should I take it to 7k this time and risk my stock bottom? Boost should be 21-22psi with this upper, race/pump mix lund tune.
scan.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My opinion is yes to see your safe at 7000rpm in a controlled environment.
That pull is stopped at 6300rpm where a KB blower on stock cams should have at least 500rpm more usable power. That power level is fine.
Lund should have a suggestion and I’d assume on first hand knowledge the rev limit is above 7000 so you don’t hit the limiter often (limiter is bad for parts, especially timing chains).
Good luck.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Just reread that you now have a 3.6 not the 2.8!
You’ll definitely be risking the SBE over 20psi on a 3.6.
I’d definitely ask Lund more questions, but it is a controlled chassis Dyno.
-J

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Just reread that you now have a 3.6 not the 2.8!
You’ll definitely be risking the SBE over 20psi on a 3.6.
I’d definitely ask Lund more questions, but it is a controlled chassis Dyno.
-J
I did mention this to him last year but never got back to the dyno. I have been running this 3.12" since then and it runs strong and great so far. Then again I never go over 6200 rpms. I did put in tune revision request so I can maybe get him a new log with this 3.12 before I get it on the dyno. Other thing I may need to worry about is duty cycle, with the 3.37" I was already around 90-92%.

Users who are viewing this thread