2013 5.0 On The Dyno

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Was finally able to put my 5.0 on the dyno for the first time it was stock over the weekend. Just thought I would share my numbers.

Ended up making 414.8 whp/389.7 wtq.

Mods are Stock airbox with the Airraid intake tube, Jegs 3" cat deletes, MRT 3" H-pipe with Boss side pipes, GT500 mufflers, and AED tune.

[youtube_browser]5lu6sL-IsmI[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Angry50

Established Member
wow that seems really good for pretty basic mods. I cant wait to get mine dyno tuned. see what kind of numbers im playing with.

Justin81

Established Member
That's pretty good and pretty much all I have on my car. I don't see me on the Dyno anytime soon but i'd imagine I could put down 400+.

Thanks for sharing.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
i also bought the airaid intake tube. it is noticeably bigger and wider than the factory tube, and no water concerns. i had an airaid mxp cai for a few weeks but after washing my car and poppign the hood to find so much water on the battery, battery box, fuse box, cone filter, and underneath the cone collecting in the box assembly, i said screw that. the factory air box does exactly what it should and IMO does it better. your dyno shows that. to each his own however, im sure theyll be arguments against it.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
give her and ORX and let it eat. these cars love the X.
These cars don't make enough power to warrant one over the other. At 400 hp X vs H is strictly about what sound you prefer, and I prefer the classic tone of an H-pipe.

i also bought the airaid intake tube. it is noticeably bigger and wider than the factory tube, and no water concerns. i had an airaid mxp cai for a few weeks but after washing my car and poppign the hood to find so much water on the battery, battery box, fuse box, cone filter, and underneath the cone collecting in the box assembly, i said screw that. the factory air box does exactly what it should and IMO does it better. your dyno shows that. to each his own however, im sure theyll be arguments against it.
I don't know about being larger, but the tube definitely allows much smoother airflow without the retarded cyst like baffles and the accordion section the stock tube has.

I unfortunately didn't have the ability to swap stock tube versus airraid tube, so whether or not it really helps noticeably on the dyno is unseen, but doubtful.

13GT5.0

Established Member
Great numbers. Im betting the tube adds around 10hp. The restriction in these cars is the tube and not the filter if I recall.

twistedneck

Established Member
I was told by my tuner that the cat removal does add some HP, however small.. so I went catless and I don't regret it sounds excellent. I did not notice a power improvement but 3-7hp is hard to discern. also catless smells pretty bad unless you run the corn.

Users who are viewing this thread