2013 5.0 question mods

Chrisc35

Established Member
Hey guys so I have a 2013 5.0 A6.what's the best setup to go with? lots of 5.0 owners say boss manifold, JLT intake, off road pipes, 3.73 gears, and tune so what other setup are out there that you guys like. I was also thinking LT headers maybe??

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
boss intake if you are going to track it, if not then youll lose a little TQ down low on the street with the boss. i wouldnt be concerned but some ppl are. i have a 13' gt a6 myself but my plans are hellion twin turbo. good luck with mods

nocobrafornow

Established Member
it's hard to answer these type of ?'s mainly because it depends on what you want, like and are willing to deal with. being that your in Cali you emision testin and inspections so o/f exhaust is up to you. if all you want is the car to be a little quicker, tune mainly. axleback really depends on what you like. from my experience with my car, i now have 3.55's but the car didn't run any faster with them or the 3.90's before it. i really believe that unless you do a converter and Boss mainfold and really spin the motor, it's a waste. but that my opinion.

drewzx3

Established Member
I'm sorry first time owning a mustang...what you mean by circle d converter???

A new torque converter with a higher stall rpm. Would not run the boss intake on an auto if it has the stock converter. How fast do you want to go? Tune, offroad x pipe and tires will get you into low 12s high 11s with good weather.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Headers and Intake are sore spots when it come down to money = HP. You need a good auto tune and i have tried several and recommend Dougs from C&L. Also a o/r pipe. Gears are another sore spot as some love the higher gear as you will see some running 4.10's and others staying stock with convertor. If you want a CAI for the auto get the Airaid.
Get a tune and o/r first and then go from there. Plus if you are going to track it nothing is worth more than DR's.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
intake/tune/4.10s. high 11s and 115+ traps.

see sig, i'm running low 12's at 115 with $700 of mods...

a good midpipe, catback, (i say that because these cars sound horrible with muffler deletes) tune will net you deep 12's if not high 11's. Depends on conditions...

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Headers and Intake are sore spots when it come down to money = HP. You need a good auto tune and i have tried several and recommend Dougs from C&L. Also a o/r pipe. Gears are another sore spot as some love the higher gear as you will see some running 4.10's and others staying stock with convertor. If you want a CAI for the auto get the Airaid.
Get a tune and o/r first and then go from there. Plus if you are going to track it nothing is worth more than DR's.

meh, d/r's are nice. i'm cutting 1.85' 60's on stock tires though, the stock tires help me learn how to handle the car much better than a d/r. I will be going back on stock tires to try to see if I can get a better time. IMO, d/r's are the easy way out (auto cars). being a M6, I can understand that you need d/r's on a stock car.

Chrisc35

Established Member
I got 3k to put into mods I wanna make it right so wats the best set up money not the issue I like running it on the fwy and digg????

Users who are viewing this thread