2013 GT-500 Custom Ordered Allocation.

Ironhand

Banned
We have all seen dealers ask huge ADMs on these cars for no reason other then greed.

So if you are looking for a GT-500 allocation that is available and allow you to order the car exactly the way you want then here is the chance.

A very close friend of mine is a GM at a Ford Dealership and I bought both my truck and custom ordered 2012 Fusion from him.

Details:
-Car would have to be picked up in Ohio or transport would have to be arranged.
-4,000 dollar deposit taken at the time you place the order
-The car is custom ordered so it will be exactly how you want it
-The car will be sold @ MSRP! No ADMs & No BS!

You would be dealing straight with him on any deal and if you want more information then I will give you his personal cell number or you may contact him through the dealership.

Marc

Established Member
I sure wish I was ready to order right now. Need a few months...

Can I custom order it in GTIG? :lol: I so wished they offered it in this color.

Man, its great that you are putting this out for folks to get these cars at MSRP.

Good on you for being a stand-up Guy.

Ironhand

Banned
I sure wish I was ready to order right now. Need a few months...

Can I custom order it in GTIG? :lol: I so wished they offered it in this color.

Man, its great that you are putting this out for folks to get these cars at MSRP.

Good on you for being a stand-up Guy.

Thanks Marc, If I had the money I would be jumping on it myself. lol

I told him what other dealers were doing with the ADMs and he said,"Tell them I will sell them at MSRP". lol He already sold one '13 GT500 and got a second allocation. So I am just passing on the message. :beer:

Dadz500

Established Member
I heard, but have no idea if it is true, that Shelby charges the dealer $1k for every Shelby they sell and this fee is not built into the invoice of the car, this over and above the invoice/cost of the vehicle. So if this is true, in reality the dealer is selling for $1k under MSRP. Again, no idea if it is true, but this is what I was told. The Dealer I bought my car from will do a factory order for MSRP plus this $1k Shelby fee.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I heard, but have no idea if it is true, that Shelby charges the dealer $1k for every Shelby they sell and this fee is not built into the invoice of the car, this over and above the invoice/cost of the vehicle. So if this is true, in reality the dealer is selling for $1k under MSRP. Again, no idea if it is true, but this is what I was told. The Dealer I bought my car from will do a factory order for MSRP plus this $1k Shelby fee.

nope, thats not true. the dealership pays 1K per year ( to SVT?) to have the ability to sell shelbys, not per car..thats how the fee works

Dadz500

Established Member
nope, thats not true. the dealership pays 1K per year ( to SVT?) to have the ability to sell shelbys, not per car..thats how the fee works

Got it, perhaps I misunderstood then. I will check with my Dealer again, and if this is the case, he will sell cars at MSRP on an order basis.

Ironhand

Banned

correct as devious snake stated

I was told by the time it was all said and done it was close to 2K IIRC. I will have to look through my texts and see exactly what he told me.

$4k deposit, lol

Whats wrong with a $4K deposit on a $65K car? I was figuring I would have to put around $5K to get a allocation.

4K on a car that can run almost 70K isnt bad when you think about it. I've heard of people putting much larger down payments on a car just to make sure they get it and to be very blunt. If you can afford a 70K car, I sure hope you could swing 4K for a deposit.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
I was told by the time it was all said and done it was close to 2K IIRC. I will have to look through my texts and see exactly what he told me.

4K on a car that can run almost 70K isnt bad when you think about it. I've heard of people putting much larger down payments on a car just to make sure they get it and to be very blunt. If you can afford a 70K car, I sure hope you could swing 4K for a deposit.
it's not about swinging it, it's about it not meaning anything. They still have to run your credit, you still have to pay for the rest somehow. On top of that, a deposit is nothing more than free money you are giving a dealer to use up front. I'd rather keep my money in my own interest gaining accounts until it's time to pay.

Ironhand

Banned
it's not about swinging it, it's about it not meaning anything. They still have to run your credit, you still have to pay for the rest somehow. On top of that, a deposit is nothing more than free money you are giving a dealer to use up front. I'd rather keep my money in my own interest gaining accounts until it's time to pay.

I understand that. However, if someone wanted to order the car then they could talk to him and run though all the credit stuff to make sure all of that will go through before a deposit is placed.

Last edited:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member

Really? Is the interest on $4000 worth arguing over...?

$4000 x 0.5% *4/12 = $6.67 (based on current Money Market savings account returns and a four month lead time)

...especially considering the thousands of dollars lost to depreciation after the purchase. I think the $4000 is more earnest money than anything. It is to make sure the buyer is serious and isn't simply taking a place in line.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
really? Is the interest on $4000 worth arguing over...?

$4000 x 0.5% *4/12 = $6.67 (based on current money market savings account returns and a four month lead time)

...especially considering the thousands of dollars lost to depreciation after the purchase. I think the $4000 is more earnest money than anything. It is to make sure the buyer is serious and isn't simply taking a place in line.

+1

nc_super_snake

Established Member
Talk to them yesterday (Jordan). As it seems they are awaiting a call from Ford on a time line. Shelby at the moment is on HOLD on producing cars.

Users who are viewing this thread