2013 GT Engine Replacement

2008 WIP

I had someone bring a 2013 GT to me to get running. He blew the engine so he went to a salvage yard and bought another low mileage engine, same year, guaranteed good runner. He did the change himself and took the core engine back. He took all kinds of pictures of the removal and install so it looks like everything is connected right.

The problem, it will crank over good but has never fired. Do we need to get the electronics (ECM) from the donor car/engine for it to run? Is there any way to use a programmer to reset for the engine swap? Where else can I start checking? If we can't get it running without spending another $10-15,000, he has a very nice but expensive lawn ornament. (And a very mad wife)

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I strongly doubt the engine knows which computer is which. Besides, they should be the same computer if it came from the same kind/yr car. Have you checked for fuel pressure? But be honest, is 'He' you?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Any scan tool hooked up to read codes? Anti theft issues?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Did he swap over the pulse ring on the crank? This is easy to forget and the car will not fire if this is missing.

Is car throwing any codes?
Does the car have spark and fuel?
I would also check all ground connections for starters

Car does not need donor ECU as stated above.

2008 WIP

Thanks for the help. Car was on FB Marketplace. I have done repairs for a friend some. He said he had this car, but he was only looking for ideas before he contacted the seller. Car sold before he called them.

I have been building FE engines of almost every sort since 1966. Even did a few small blocks. But this was my first for computer cars. Guess I either need to say no or get a high priced dealer version scan tool.

Users who are viewing this thread