• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2013 GT/TVS/6R80 track times

Discussion in '2011-2014 Mustang Talk' started by Riddick, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Riddick

Riddick MERICA Established Member

I plan on doing a 15 short block with arp headstuds and I'll add a set of l&m intake cams. I've been researching the gen 3 coyote blocks but not a lot of info on them at the moment. I've heard they work with gen 1 heads but one of the coolant passages doesn't line up perfectly, just a rumor at this point... Waiting for someone to put some good info out on this.

Either way a stock gen 2 block will hold 800 plus and the gen 3 blocks have been pushed to over 1k. I'd like to be in the 750 range and stop there, after that trans and rear end will both need to be upgraded.

If your on a budget the stock 15 and up short blocks are the best deal around.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

2. auto02

auto02 Motivator Established Member

Where are you getting the gen2 short block from? I haven't been able to find any.

3. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Dont be a Hybred Established Member

You cant get a gen 2 any longer.. only new old stock likely available any longer.

A Gen 3 shortblock is about $2000.

4. Tommy Y

Tommy Y Member Established Member

The car is beautiful. Mine is Race Red, and I am digging the color on yours and wishing it was mine. lol.

5. Riddick

I just learned about the gen 2 short blocks not being available anymore. There is always used ones for sale and then there is the Gen 3 option as well. They go for $2K but after core charge they are 2500, still a good deal.

Thanks my 04 Cobra was Redfire which is very similar. I wanted a white one but when these are in the sun the metallic pops like crazy and I love it.

Last night I drained the fuel, I had a tune that ran the pumps full time so after I hooked up the drain line all I had to was load a tune and turn the car on. I will say I was surprised once the car got to around 1/8 tank. The fuel flow was not steady anymore as the pump was getting quite a bit of air mixed in with the fuel. With that said I highly recommend dont get on your car when its 1/4 or under as it might starve for fuel.

I put in 5 gallons of E85 and the car fired right up. Drove it to the station and topped off the tank, everything appears to be running really smooth. Going to run a couple of tanks and then start datalogging. Here is a pic I promised of the my fuel drain line. The stock feed line connects to any 05-12 Mustang fuel filter and then you simply connect a hose and run it to a fuel container.

48140684091_43752566a4_c.jpg Fuel Drain by

6. Riddick

Did some WOT logs last night and everything on the tune looks good. We are going off of E85 stoich but we readily get E70-E75 in my local area. The car is running about 10% richer than commanded but tuner says its safe. When I go to track ill more than likely buy some VP X85 to put in the tank to lean it back out a touch, or find some higher ethanol fuel locally.

Overall car pulls harder through the entire RPM band. No signs of car leaning out on the stock fuel pump, we are revving the car to 7700. Once the summer heat wave passes ill get out to the track but its hot and muggy now. I waited until 730 last night to do my logs and it was still close to 90 degrees.

I took the car back out today and its a blast to drive. I tried a 45 roll in second and it chirped the drag radials and just took off, the additional timing definitely increased torque. Timing varies from roughly 20 degrees all the way up to 24.5 at redline. On my 93 tune timing peaked at 17 degrees for reference

Lets see how long the stock longblock and stock fuel pump will hang in there. A local shop just installed a dyno so I may do a test showing E70 vs E85 on my current tune and then do a pull with ice in the tank to see what it picks up. More to come.

Leonard

7. TTUhouston

TTUhouston Mechanical Engineer Established Member

Sounding good man! When you head back to baytown give me a heads up and ill try and be there. You have opgs right?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

8. Riddick

I definitely will, just not sure when I'll be back that way. Our local track is open again and I'm just waiting for it to cool off some. Might come out to Baytown if they do another coyote shoot or street car takeover event

Yes, the car has TSS OPG and CS.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk