2013 GT500 FAQ's (noobs enter)

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I like keeping my '11 in sport mode all the time. Question is do you have to hit the button every time in the '13 like on the '11 for sport stability control?

Same question for the shock setting?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
If your talking about the steering feel, mine is always in sport, it remembers your last setting and does it with most things. I would assume the same with the suspension, thought I dont have the PP

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
The stability control on the 11 is in the center console, how is this controlled in the '13?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Traction control and advancetrac will reset when car is shut off...traction is next to shifter lcd screen will show settings too

cdythms

Established Member
Any idea on the last date to order a '13? I read the post about expecting only 4500ish to be built, but I have been unable to find out any more info.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Any idea on the last date to order a '13? I read the post about expecting only 4500ish to be built, but I have been unable to find out any more info.

word is model year ends in november...finding an allocation to order one to spec is becoming increasingly hard. Might be better trying to find one on a lot somewhere

edit: recent info suggest production extended into january

Last edited:

Planeswalker

Established Member
I have a question about the car cover, is it indoor only or is it weather resistant? Did a search and seen some conflicting answers. And by weather resistant I only mean like rain, not severe storms.

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member
DOT 3 isn't what you want to swap your brake fluid with if you are going to hit the track, use Brembo LCF 600 plus, which is very competitively priced at revanracing.com

Motorcraft oil is fine and backed by Ford Motor Company, no reason to tell people otherwise or get into an oil debate on this FAQ thread.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
DOT 3 isn't what you want to swap your brake fluid with if you are going to hit the track, use Brembo LCF 600 plus, which is very competitively priced at revanracing.com

Motorcraft oil is fine and backed by Ford Motor Company, no reason to tell people otherwise or get into an oil debate on this FAQ thread.

re-read what I wrote, I said to switch it with a better one ( such as motul 600). Also the oil I mentioned was for the transmission, and for me personally I noticed better and smoother shifts with it. No one is telling anyone what to do with oil, its a suggestion but its their car.

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member
re-read what I wrote, I said to switch it with a better one ( such as motul 600). Also the oil I mentioned was for the transmission, and for me personally I noticed better and smoother shifts with it. No one is telling anyone what to do with oil, its a suggestion but its their car.

"Ford recommends 5W50 synthetic, 8.5 quarts (9.5 for TP cars) Most here will tell you to switch from motorcrap to something else such as AMSoil (10W40)"

I read it again, and I read it right the first time. Are you telling me the above language is referring to transmission fluid? My view is that it is fair to point out different options when it comes to oil, but when you start referring to the factory recommend oil as crap, suggest people put in a different viscosity than the manufacturer recommends, you are heading away from what was a very good FAQ post to an area that is at is best controversial and not appropriate for a newbie FAQ.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
"Ford recommends 5W50 synthetic, 8.5 quarts (9.5 for TP cars) Most here will tell you to switch from motorcrap to something else such as AMSoil (10W40)"

I read it again, and I read it right the first time. Are you telling me the above language is referring to transmission fluid? My view is that it is fair to point out different options when it comes to oil, but when you start referring to the factory recommend oil as crap, suggest people put in a different viscosity than the manufacturer recommends, you are heading away from what was a very good FAQ post to an area that is at is best controversial and not appropriate for a newbie FAQ.

I added a separate section for the tranny, the above you are referencing is my own personal opinion, which is why I wrote what ford recommends and what others might suggest. Everyone is a grown up here so no one forces anyone to do anything! and im not trying to create controversy, plenty of threads for that. Quite frankly instead of trying to nitpick what I say why don't you contribute something else thats useful? The point of the thread is to avoid people creating threads asking about the same thing 100 times because they are too lazy to look or learn so its in one place (the general stuff)

94n2boost

Established Member
I added a separate section for the tranny, the above you are referencing is my own personal opinion, which is why I wrote what ford recommends and what others might suggest. Everyone is a grown up here so no one forces anyone to do anything! and im not trying to create controversy, plenty of threads for that. Quite frankly instead of trying to nitpick what I say why don't you contribute something else thats useful? The point of the thread is to avoid people creating threads asking about the same thing 100 times because they are too lazy to look or learn so its in one place (the general stuff)

:beer: :pop:

love this thread.......:burn:

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member

Hilarious, I pointed out and complimented you that I thought it was a good thread, made accurate statements that were proven correct when I "re-read" it as you so eloquently suggested, and thought I was adding value when I noted that a good option for track use brake fluid was Brembo LCF 600 plus, which is what Van recommends and I have personally used on a track and found it to work really well. Then, I get flamed for nitpicking and not adding value. Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Hope the FAQ continues to get better as more people weigh in.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Hilarious, I pointed out and complimented you that I thought it was a good thread, made accurate statements that were proven correct when I "re-read" it as you so eloquently suggested, and thought I was adding value when I noted that a good option for track use brake fluid was Brembo LCF 600 plus, which is what Van recommends and I have personally used on a track and found it to work really well. Then, I get flamed for nitpicking and not adding value. Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Hope the FAQ continues to get better as more people weigh in.

now you added something, real world experience

no need to keep this going, because it derails the purpose of the thread. Don't take it personal :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread