2013 GT500 First Time at track

rwboring

Established Member
I ran a total of 5 runs, it's been over 4 years since I had a manual at the track... First run didn't take the TC off for the burnout... idiot... then second mistake... i tried to powershift second...missed the 1-2 shift (yes first time with the car)... ran a 12.7@ 113.59...

Temp was around 92... DA was 3150.

Second run (hot lapped, so 3min 30sec later)... and just made SURE I didn't rush ANY shifts...

I pulled a [email protected] (2.211 60ft) :pepper::banana::pepper:

let it cool... then i did 3 more passes, all hot lapped... my last run I had a really good burnout, stepped the LC to 3500 and pulled a [email protected] w/ a 2.17 60ft)...

to me it seems like the MPH is way low but I corrected them at dragtimes and the 12.3 correct to (i'll list all 3 corrections since i dont know what "stock FI" should be)... [email protected] [email protected] and [email protected]

oh yeah only mod is FRPP res delete...

8016_10100940926253299_1155918689_n.jpg

557971_10100941235787989_451674358_n.jpg

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
you deff need to get out there more and practice practice. i've seen many of these cars in stock form trap in the 124 area. obviously with your da you wont be doing that stock but i would still expect a 118 or so trap. just gotta get out there and work on launches and rowing those gears at the perfect spots. 60's also look pretty bad for a car with a good launch control, that could be track conditions tho.

rwboring

Established Member
you deff need to get out there more and practice practice. i've seen many of these cars in stock form trap in the 124 area. obviously with your da you wont be doing that stock but i would still expect a 118 or so trap. just gotta get out there and work on launches and rowing those gears at the perfect spots. 60's also look pretty bad for a car with a good launch control, that could be track conditions tho.

ha i understand all this but it still pulled a 12.3 and a 12.4... makes me wonder if their velocity sensors are correct... i would look down after the trap and see around 125ish (running through of course)... i guess I don't know where the end of the 1/4 is, that might be the problem...

oh I know I wasn't getting the tires hot enough the first several passes... oh and it was at stock pressure... i literally went in, ran 2, got a water, ran 3 and left... not the best thing I understand but I had other things to do tonight

ctgreddy

Established Member
the hot lapping i'm sure hurt the mph as well. i would safely guess that if you went there and let the car cool down, iced the intercooler, etc, then ran out and did a good pass you should be in the bottom 12's at 118-120mph with your da.

rwboring

Established Member
the hot lapping i'm sure hurt the mph as well. i would safely guess that if you went there and let the car cool down, iced the intercooler, etc, then ran out and did a good pass you should be in the bottom 12's at 118-120mph with your da.

man im pretty happy with 12.33... backed up by a 3rd lap 12.40...

i was thinking 12.5 best... especially cause i thought about a 2.2 was the best i would get...

next time (when it cools off) ill lower the pressure and such and see what I can get out of it

ctgreddy

Established Member
You have a low 11/high 10 second car. Id be pissed with those times

you have to factor in the DA the op is running in, 3000+ is a lot. i've seen stock cars run 11.5's at 124-125mph. the car is not a 10 second car without a tire. in op's case it's a mid 11 car in optimal conditions.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
no worries, times will improve with more seat time....at least you are getting out there. Ill get my chance in about a week

rwboring

Established Member
You have a low 11/high 10 second car. Id be pissed with those times

:bs:... best STOCK corrected time so far that I am aware of is an 11.6 from motor trend... so the car is actually a mid/high 11 second car... but with a 2.2 60ft and 3150 DA ill take 12.3's all day...

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
Lower the tire pressure to like 26psi. I still think you did well given the conditions.

rwboring

Established Member
no worries, times will improve with more seat time....at least you are getting out there. Ill get my chance in about a week

With those tires and your conditions, very nice job. A couple of key mods to help get traction, better weather, and a little more seat time will result in some really good times!:beer:

Lower the tire pressure to like 26psi. I still think you did well given the conditions.

Thanks guys!

What he said. I purchased mine 3 weeks ago, and it hasn't moved for 2 weeks now. Hot, humid weather sucks...:(

Yes it does, Once I get my 65 back from paint I have a feeling I won't drive this one as much.. but I just can't get enough of it right now!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Based on all the times I've seen your mph is off. Most are trapping in the 120's. For comparison my '09 trapped 123-124 last weekend with a 2013 blower on stock boost(2.71 upper pulley factory 09 lower). It was 90's and high humidity(S. Louisiana).

Your ET is good for the mph on street tires. Try letting the car sit for awhile, and ice the blower if possible.

Last edited:

r103

Established Member
I'm not sure why anyone is supprised. With his elevation his times are pretty good. Lets also not forget, when tunning shops buy new cars and run them for Youtube videos. They are trying to sell something. Often they leave out details of why the car runs so well. The tracks are prepped so well anycar will hook. You can here the camera guys shoes sticking to the track.

rwboring

Established Member
I'm not sure why anyone is supprised. With his elevation his times are pretty good. Lets also not forget, when tunning shops buy new cars and run them for Youtube videos. They are trying to sell something. Often they leave out details of why the car runs so well. The tracks are prepped so well anycar will hook. You can here the camera guys shoes sticking to the track.

thanks

Even at that DA, that's really bad.

compared to what? search some 2013's and see where it falls... I feel you are the 2nd person to comment that has no idea about the actual times of the car and stock tires and launch control used together

HeavyH20

Established Member
I always found that on FI cars, DA is not the killer, but heat and humidity definitely challenge the intercooler. Where I am, this summer, the DA is about 2500 to 3500 and I normally see 11.4's but of course the range is 11.2 to 11.8 or so, depending on launch, etc. I know they are not the same cars, but, if I let my car cool down between runs (no ice pack) and not run it heat soaked, you can easily pick up 4 MPH. Also, with a nice 2.0 or lower 60 foot, you would easily hit 11's, even heat soaked. With a nice cool motor, tires around 26 PSI like folks have chimed in, you would see mid to high 11's at 120, even in that DA.

Users who are viewing this thread