2013 GT500 LCD Gauge Cluster Install into a 2011 GT500 With Track Apps and LC

12Red500

Established Member
Does anyone know....after the gauge update will the SCT tuner think the vehicle is a 2014 (for example) and try to apply a canned tune from a 2014?

sleek98

Established Member
You wont be able to use a "canned" tune. You will need a custom tune for it to run right and have the cluster work correctly.

12Red500

Established Member
Cluster showed up and was in the car in 20 mins. Since I took the old one out and wires in the clock spring wires over the weekend. Programmed the cluster. Works perfect when I changed the as built to an auto cluster. The only down side to changing it to an auto for the trans temp and gear indicator is I lost launch control which really I would likely never use.

Did you need to PMI the PCM?

12Red500

Established Member
PMI = flash to the 2014 PCM

The cruise control pins are different between 2010-2012 vs 2013-2014.
The PCM needs to be updated in order to get the cruise control working correctly.

The ABS needs to be PMI'd to get track apps functional and calibrate the yaw sensor.

Just wondering how you dealt with these issues.

sleek98

Established Member
VCM II and IDS software

I run a 6R80 swap using a 2013 coyote PCM. My custom tune took care of the PCM issue. I run a 2013 Mustang GT VIN in the PCM.

The ABS just needs the as built changed to match the as built for the vin # of the 2013/2014 PCM that your using if you are using a used abs module. If your using a brand new one you will have to upload the program file that matches the VIN # of the 2013/2014 pcm you are using. Nothing about calibrating the yaw sensor.

Once I changed the as built the abs and traction control synced. To get the track apps to work you have to have the PATS programmed.

The difference between my car and @svt4me38 car is I have the PATS working and he has a PATS delete PCM. My tack apps works his does not. Both of our cars have the abs, traction control and cruise control working.

As for the cruise control you are correct you have to swap the pin, but to get the cluster to work you have to swap the button and wiring anyways so it will correct itself at that time.

Last edited:

sleek98

Established Member
Who would you recommend getting a tune from at that point?

Who ever you want. Any tuner should be able to change what is needed. You just wont be able to buy an x4 with SCTs tunes you will need a custom tune.

I am sure Lund, VMP, BJ, JDM or anyone that has some experience could do it very easily.

12Red500

Established Member
So I have already did the PATS (that just allows you to start the car not enable Track apps...at least it didn't for me).

I applied the As Built data for the ABS and that enabled Track apps.
I need to PMI the new ABS module and calibrate the yaw sensor.
That should get rid of the traction Control lights.

The cruise control buttons are different between the 2012 and the 2014. I already changed the switch over and the clock springs wires as well but I have not PMI(flashed) the PCM to correct the new pin locations.

From clock spring (c2274b) Airbag clock spring to left steering wheel switches (c2998)

2012 2014
Pin 1 – illumination Pin 1 - cruise control com rtn
Pin 2 - cruise control com Pin 2 - switch info
Pin 3 - cruise control com rtn Pin 3 - switch info
Pin 4 - ground cross car beam Pin 4 - unused
Pin 5 – horn Pin 5 - unused
Pin 6 – unused Pin 6 - ground
Pin 7 – unused Pin 7 - cruise control com
Pin 8 – unused Pin 8 - illumination
Pin 9 – unused Pin 9 - unused
Pin 10 – unused Pin 10 - unused

Jadon

I had a locksmith make and reprogram my keys to get the new cluster to work but he said he couldn’t because the bins didn’t match up and he couldn’t get them to sync and reprogram. And he said it wasn’t possible to switch clusters unless it had the same cluster. 2011 base gt to premium cluster. Any suggestions? Should I just have ford do it?

12Red500

Established Member
Hey guys...I could use some help.

I did the gauge update with the ABS module and had no issues...well other than my car thinking it has a 5.8L when it really has a 5.4L.

I had a tune done for it because it now has a larger SC, injectors, CAI, TB, and BAP.

The problem is when I apply the tune I get a U201A:57-8B-ABS code - Invalid / Incompatible software component and the AdavanceTrak is off and ABS light keeps flashing.

I tried to PMI the ABS module but the error code is still present.

Any thought, suggestion, or ideas?

Last edited:

sleek98

Established Member
Hey guys...I could use some help.

I did the gauge update with the ABS module and had no issues...well other than my car thinking it has a 5.8L when it really has a 5.4L.

I had a tune done for it because it no has a larger SC, injectors, CAI, TB, and BAP.

The problem is when I apply the tune I get a U201A:57-8B-ABS code - Invalid / Incompatible software component and the AdavanceTrak is off and ABS light keeps flashing.

I tried to PMI the ABS module but the error code is still present.

Any thought, suggestion, or ideas?

The tuner needs to be using a 2013/2014 strategy and change the displacement to 5.4 in the tune. I assume they are but that might be a simple mistake and is causing the problem.

12Red500

Established Member
The tuner needs to be using a 2013/2014 strategy and change the displacement to 5.4 in the tune. I assume they are but that might be a simple mistake and is causing the problem.

You were exactly right on that. Needed to replace all mention of the 5.8 displacement in the tune.

No more TC or ABS lights.

Users who are viewing this thread