2013 GT500 LCD Gauge Cluster Install into a 2011 GT500 With Track Apps and LC

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly I’m not totally sure...why not grab one of those aftermarket analog gauges that fits directly into your a/c vent or on your a-pillar. I feel like that’s going to be your only true reading versus trying to reprogram a digital obd2-driven gauge.
Sure that’s the easy answer and option I’ll ultimately take, but it just seems like there’s a way to do it.
It’ll take someone familiar with how this display really works and determine if the can be recalibrated.
-J

Wiley50

Established Member
Lol @ “and the option I’ll ultimately take”. Usually I'm in your frame of mind (if there’s a will, there’s a way) but the fact that they can’t program a cobra emblem in place of a running mustang on the older gauge clusters makes me think it’s a bigger feat than what it’s worth.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I think Matt axed the development of that box. Unfortunately no one is doing that as of today.
LEXiiON

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Swap all the harness to a 2011 and get a 2013 PCM, 2013 ABS and EVAP valve, retrofit epas etc... that’s how you’ll get it

King Reese

Instead of
Have you tried reading thru the older posts? It's all there.

Good luck

instead of looking through ALL the posts...I called the dealership...and since nobody wants to help...I figured I’d pay it forward so that the next person can search for my post
DR3Z-10849-JA

King Reese

Some information for the 2010 GT500 folks:

There are a couple of implications for this install:

First, you can't get TrackApps and Launch Control working. The main reason is, that you have a different PCM.
The 2010 ABS module talks GDS protocol with the PCM, while 2011+ talk GGDS protocol.
The 2010's don't have wideband O2's. They also do not have the EPAS. The 2011+ ABS relies on EPAS for the steering wheel position switch (through CAN-Bus, not through 2 extra PINs on the ABS module connector).

So, if you leave your PCM in the car, you can have the cluster working, but without:
- Steering feel
- Launch Control
- TrackApps
In order to get it running, you need the cluster, the steering wheel switch modified to get your cruise working, and the blackbox from www.zeroaviation.com. That blackbox will display IAT and OIL Temp in the gauge, if you have a 3rd party wideband O2, you can use the analog inputs of the blackbox to get that displayed also.

If you want full 2013+ functionality, you need to do the following:
-2013 PCM
-2013 ABS module
-2011+ GT500 EPAS
-2011+ GT500 Engine harness
-2011+ GT500 front O2 sensors
-2011+ GT500 battery harness
-2011+ GT500 front pulleys to replace power steering pump with new FEAD belt
-2011+ GT500 Engine cradle/K-Member (unless you weld the additional bracket on yourself)
Once all installed and wired up correctly, follow BES instructions to get it flashed and your tune applied. Note: nobody did this yet, so there might be some other things like swapping PINs to the PCM etc, that need to be done - this information is based on current research, so it may not be 100% complete)

LEXiiON
So will I still need to swap out the abs and ecu?

tc3nitall4

SVT Attitude
Established Member
Hello everyone, looking to get a vcm2 for this conversion project. The ali link does not work and ive been finding alot of mixed reviews on which ones work and which ones are false copies that dont work. Does anyone have a link to a known vcm that actually works?

Wiley50

Established Member
For anyone looking to tackle this, a (only one) tail light wiring harness from a 2011-2012 gt500 will have all of the pins needed to complete the wiring side..very simple actually.

The only ones that need a little "coaxing" were the two pins that go into the new steering wheel direction pad switch. They are a hair too long but with some messing around they will work no problem.

Wiley50

Established Member
Hello everyone, looking to get a vcm2 for this conversion project. The ali link does not work and ive been finding alot of mixed reviews on which ones work and which ones are false copies that dont work. Does anyone have a link to a known vcm that actually works?
Late to answer you on this one, but Bosch's website had the ford VCMII software:

The link is on the right side. I have a cloned VCMII module and the software immediately recognized the device without issues.

Wiley50

Established Member
After digging and digging and digging some more I bit the bullet and purchased the 2 or 3 day ids software rental. Cheaper than towing the car to a dealership and then paying the diagnostic fee and shop labor hour cost.

Using the Bosch VCI vcm2 management software with my cloned device and using the ids rental software through ford master craft website.

Users who are viewing this thread