2013 GT500 LCD Gauge Cluster Install into a 2011 GT500 With Track Apps and LC

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I have a 2010 and do not intend to sell ever. I am very interested in having the 2011-2013 upgrades in my 2010. Keep me posted or PM me.

Hi All,

i am still working on this. A couple of things on the 2010 retrofit:
If you do not need steering feel, TrackApps and LC it is pretty simple. You only need to do the 2 wires BES mentioned, a black box from zeroaviation.com and you get a fully functioning cluster with Gauges (You need an external Wideband O2 to get AFR displayed).
Other than TrackApps and steering feel (that just always goes back to Normal, regardless what you select) it is pretty much straight forward. The balckbox eliminates the LC symbol and also gets rid of the red tach gauge when the lights are on.

I will probably build a 5.4 4V over the winter with the 2011+ harness and PCM so once that is done, i can write up a full retrofit for the 2010.
07-09 is more complicated. There is a need for the black box, as the body modules are different. Also a newer GT500 fuel pump is needed for the tank gauge atc. Jim is working on this, but it is a lot more work than on a 2010.

Thanks,

LEXiiON

ghostofnyc

Established Member
Hi All,

i am still working on this. A couple of things on the 2010 retrofit:
If you do not need steering feel, TrackApps and LC it is pretty simple. You only need to do the 2 wires BES mentioned, a black box from zeroaviation.com and you get a fully functioning cluster with Gauges (You need an external Wideband O2 to get AFR displayed).
Other than TrackApps and steering feel (that just always goes back to Normal, regardless what you select) it is pretty much straight forward. The balckbox eliminates the LC symbol and also gets rid of the red tach gauge when the lights are on.

I will probably build a 5.4 4V over the winter with the 2011+ harness and PCM so once that is done, i can write up a full retrofit for the 2010.
07-09 is more complicated. There is a need for the black box, as the body modules are different. Also a newer GT500 fuel pump is needed for the tank gauge atc. Jim is working on this, but it is a lot more work than on a 2010.

Thanks,

LEXiiON

Please keep me informed

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Will do. I will list P/Ns and all the install stuff, once I have it.
LEXiiON

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Hi All,

i think i am getting closer on the needed items for a 2010. The first thing you need to check is: Do i have HIDs? If not, you need HIDs.

Ok here we go:

You need the following (regardless of HIDs or not):
2013 PCM: DR3Z-12A650-AJD - Catch Code MWJ3 - The same one BES used
2013 ABS Module: DR3Z-12C219-A
2013 Steering Wheel Switch: SW 6911
2013 GT500 cluster: DR3Z-10849-JA
2013 GT500 Engine Harness: DU5Z-12A581-E
2013 GT500 Battery Harness: DR3Z-14300-CA
2011+ EPAS Rack: DR3Z3504-CE
2011+ Engine Cradle: BR3Z-5C145-A
2011+ Idler pulley (instead of Power Steering pump): TBD - aftermarket PS delete pulley
2011+ Wideband O2 sensors: BR3Z-9F472A (2X)
2011+ MAF: BR3Z-12B1579A

If you have HIDs from factory or retrofit 2010-2012 HIDS:
2011 Light Harness Cable: BR3Z-14290-XX (check the XX with your dealer)

If you retrofit the 2013 HIDs (because you have Halogen lights):
2013 Light Harness: DR3Z-14290-PC
2013 SJB: DR3Z-15604-A
2013 HIDS

Epas Rack: Best to buy a used one from a wrecker. Saves some $$
Engine cradle: Either use a tubular from known vendors for 2011+, buy a new one, or use some welding skills to add that one bracket for the EPAS rack. There are PS delete pulleys out from some vendors that can be used. Saves the hassle of getting a new shorter belt.

You need a tune !!!!
As BES mentioned, Lund can tune your car for the 2013 strategy. Again you need a tune...
And you need either a VCM II or someone who has one and knows what to do with.

All things needed are based on best assumptions at this time. There is no guarantee that it will work..but it should ;)

I will try doing all this, once i build my engine... probably over the winter.

Hope this helps,

LEXiiON

Last edited:

BlueEyedSnake

Banned
Holly S***, that's one hell of a parts list. Just last week I dropped my engine to install new camshafts and valve springs and that main harness runs everywhere. Switching that out has to take a lot of time. Your brave LEXIION, I wish you luck. Thanks for sharing.

ghostofnyc

Established Member
I honestly don't care about steering feel

I would rather have TrackApps, LC and O2 sensors

BlueEyedSnake

Banned
LC won't work without the 2013 calibration which requires a Copperhead PCM (Equipped only on 2011-2014). Also the ABS module controls Track Apps. You can't just change it since 2010 Spanish Oak and Copperhead PCM are pined differently. The electronic steering is the cheaper the things on that list.

ghostofnyc

Established Member
LC won't work without the 2013 calibration which requires a Copperhead PCM (Equipped only on 2011-2014). Also the ABS module controls Track Apps. You can't just change it since 2010 Spanish Oak and Copperhead PCM are pined differently. The electronic steering is the cheaper the things on that list.

Its not the cost I was worried about I just really didn't like the way it felt driving

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Holly S***, that's one hell of a parts list. Just last week I dropped my engine to install new camshafts and valve springs and that main harness runs everywhere. Switching that out has to take a lot of time. Your brave LEXIION, I wish you luck. Thanks for sharing.

Well, Sal, not an issue for me as I will build the engine outside of the car. Can't be worse than swapping the main dash harness...

LEXiiON

BlueEyedSnake

Banned
Well, Sal, not an issue for me as I will build the engine outside of the car. Can't be worse than swapping the main dash harness...

LEXiiON

I meant for someone that's not. With the engine out, this is a piece of cake. I just dropped the engine in my car and it took me less than an hour. It did help that I had a four point left.... Not many people like their car as much as we do to put them through what we do. Lol.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
After reading through my partslist again, i discovered a mistake.... i put the battery harness in twice. But is should be the light harness. This one DR3Z-14290-PC contains the BJB and everything else. That's why it is like $340...

I got my 2013 GT500 engine harness today. That one is pretty cheap, around $72... now in addition to the engine, i only need the harness above, battery harness and the SJB. Let the fun begin.... well, it will begin slowly, as had to pay my backyard this month... Landscaping is expensive...

I am still debating, if i buy a new k-member (easier for the swap) for $330 or just weld that bracket on...hmmm depends how cheap the engine will be ;)

Once i get closer to the whole process, i will update you guys on the 2010 retrofit.

LEXiiON

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I am not sure. The 2013 ABS module gets the steering wheel position from the EPAS Rack. Without the EPAS , the ABS will have issues.
Our 2010's have an external steering wheel position switch, that is wired directly into the ABS. I don't think the 2013 ABS module would recognize that.

LEXiiON

ghostofnyc

Established Member
what about going this route WOT box and cluster since wot will give you launch control what parts wouldn't you need?

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
There are a couple of challenges ... At least on the 2010...

the pcm is needed to get gauges and track apps. The ABS is also needed for track apps. The wiring is needed to get everything to work. Because of this, you also get launch control. Epas is needed for the ABS module.

if you want to skip TrackApps and launch control, you can get the cluster, switch and a black box for gauges. To gt AFR displayed, you need an external wideband o2 sensor. That would skip all the wiring and epas, as well as ABS module.

The black box will be offered from redlinersperformance.com

That is an inexpensive way to get the 2013+ cluster! however not fully functional (TrackApp, LC)

LEXiiON

Users who are viewing this thread