Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Last edited:

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Message Center Switch came in today ....

2015-03-03 16.37.30.jpg

And battery harness...

2015-03-03 16.37.09.jpg

Look at the box... 3x as large...

LEXiiON

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Their is hope, there is a guy trying to put a 2013 in a 2009. Hope it works, because I'll be doing it as well.:read:

It can work, just at the moment it will cost a lot of money to have a fully functional cluster with the steering feel, track apps, launch control and gauges. Their are extra expenses with a 2009 verses a 2010. If you look at the end of page 1, you'll see LEXIION and his 2010 Roush. He almost has the whole solution, which could be applied to a 2010 GT500. I hope it can be done be done, between the new cluster and my new Recaro's, I feel like I'm driving a new car. I'm loving it.... :rockon:

I've been really wanting to do a 13 GT500 swap into my 09 GT500 for quite some time now. Im down to change the entire dash and whatever else is needed but once my GT500 gets back from the fab shop I can start in on it in a couple months from now.

Is there a way we can get the list of conversion and associated parts posted in the first post or somewhere on the first page? Things are gonna get lost fast lol

Great info and determination in this thread :thumbs:

Last edited:

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
If you want to swap a lot and don't have a fear fabricating wires and connectors it should work.

Jim on TMS is working with Matt on a swap of the cluster only into a 07GT.

The electronics of the 07-09 are completely different. So you need to swap a lot ...

I will create a seperate Thread on the 2010 retrofit soon, with all P/N listed.

LEXiiON

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Cool Thanks!

Sounds like it may be easier to just swap out the 09 dash and install a 13 dash lol

Well, I don't think that's all. You need to swap a lot more. Fuel Pump, wiring, SJB, Radio... You need to look at the ABS and it's position, as that differs between the 07-09 and 10-14....

It should be possible, but I assume a lot more work than on a 10. And that's already a hell lot of work :D

LEXiiON

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Fuel pumps are out already due to "another mod", radio guess not a big deal as have to get a 13 shaker 1000 or nav unit to go with the 13 dash. ABS and SJB will be difficult but hey once you guys see my new major mods to teh GT500 you will see that I will get this done too eventually lol. Almost 1 year under the knife so far and counting :(

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Ok. Here is my take on this with your car:

Main Harness
Dash harness
Engine Harness
Battery Harness
Light Harness
Roof Harness (that one is cheap :D around $17)

ABS Module
SJB
PCM
Cluster
Fuel Pump
Dome Light
Mirror
Sync
Radio
Climate Control Module

Have Fun with the Tail Lights...
While at it, swap the door panels ..

If you want, as you have to swap the main body harness anyways, add the bilstein damptronics
Then you need in addition:

VDM
Bilstein's

Well, at least you get the OE wires to the HID's...

Sounds like fun?

LEXiiON

Last edited:

Carbon Driven

Established Member
LOL sounds like my stang wont hit the street until 2020!

Whats up with the fuel pump issue? Also the HIDs? (I may have to start a separate thread)

My Shelby is bagged and is the first and only (AFAIK) to lay frame on 20's. Cant use the bilsteins damptronics. Door panels are an easy swap but I think maybe in order to identify that its an 09 I should leave the 09 dash.

Its interior is still gutted right now so it "would" be a good time but one major mod at a time. Just getting prepped and doing research for the interior upgrade. Most of the interior stuff wont be going back in once its all done so I dont have to do double work

Best pic of the interior but its from last spring or so

attachment.php

Last edited:

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
LOL sounds like my stang wont hit the street until 2020!

Whats up with the fuel pump issue? Also the HIDs? (I may have to start a separate thread)

My Shelby is bagged and is the first and only (AFAIK) to lay frame on 20's. Cant use the bilsteins damptronics. Door panels are an easy swap but I think maybe in order to identify that its an 09 I should leave the 09 dash.

Its interior is still gutted right now so it "would" be a good time but one major mod at a time. Just getting prepped and doing research for the interior upgrade. Most of the interior stuff wont be going back in once its all done so I dont have to do double work

Best pic of the interior but its from last spring or so

Ok. So here is the fuel pump thing: If you retrofit the 2013 cluster, your fuel gauge will not show correctly. You need a 2010+ pump to get it working correctly. Ford changed the resistor values upside down from 2010 on. Nice, right? That's why there are two different Ford Racing fuel pump kits: one for 05-09 and one for 2010. This is what Ford Racings says:
Fits 2005-2009 Mustang GT. For 2010 use M-9407-MSVTA
Note: Use of this kit in a 2010 Mustang will result in an incorrect fuel gauge reading

Now HIDs: All 2013+ have HIDs. You need either 09 HIDs and change the connector or 2013+ HIDs. 2010-2012 HIDs have a different connector, so while they would work, you need to change the HID and Turn Signal connector (yes that one is different, too)...Ask me how I know....

You might be able to use a 09 dash, but remember, that would make this swap more complicated. The dash harness is different and the cluster pin out and connector, too. You need to chat with Matt on this one, as he is helping Jim on this swap.

Hope this helps,

LEXiiON

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Yes, that helps tons! Thanks. 2010 Fuel pumps it is then. Good thing they are out right now so I can put those in and have incorrect readings for a while until this conversion can start.

My 09 HIDs are going to be swapped out for 2013 HIDS as I already did the 2013 front end conversion and just have some 2011 halogen assemblies in there for test fitting and checking alignments (everything fit perfectly on first try :))
So with the 2013 HID's I'll have to change the Light Harness so its plug n play but would the Light Harness plug in to my 09 engine harness (assuming it connects there)?

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Yes, that helps tons! Thanks. 2010 Fuel pumps it is then. Good thing they are out right now so I can put those in and have incorrect readings for a while until this conversion can start.

My 09 HIDs are going to be swapped out for 2013 HIDS as I already did the 2013 front end conversion and just have some 2011 halogen assemblies in there for test fitting and checking alignments (everything fit perfectly on first try :))
So with the 2013 HID's I'll have to change the Light Harness so its plug n play but would the Light Harness plug in to my 09 engine harness (assuming it connects there)?

No. You need a new Engine Harness. That one is only $85. But you also need the battery harness, and the PCM. But with that, you need the 2013 Cluster, and SJB and dash harness, as well as body harness ....
Here is why:
The 05-10 PCM's have 3 connectors: 50Pin,50Pin and 70Pin
The 11-14 PCM's have 3 connectors: 70Pin,70Pin and 50 Pin
They are completely differently wired. The 11+ have wideband O2's, EPAS, Knock sensors (actually the 10 has them, too), etc...
I compared the wiring's 1:1... It would be a nightmare to re-pin the 170/190 slots. Believe me. I was seriously looking into this.

So the fuel pump is the easiest one....

The ABS module connects to the light harness, as well as the MAF, IC Pump, and some other stuff... So well, that tells you something.

You don't really have a step by step approach. Either all or nothing, as the components are too different. The 2010's can at least do some baby steps towards the goal, as the cluster hooks right up. Sorry...

LEXiiON

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Cool Thanks!

Sounds like it may be easier to just swap out the 09 dash and install a 13 dash lol

Yea, its not that easy sadly... I have been working on a new version of the "Black Box" to allow the installation of the 13/14 cluster in a 2005-2012 mustang.

Should be out end of Q2 this year.

Cheers,
-Matt

Carbon Driven

Established Member
No. You need a new Engine Harness. That one is only $85. But you also need the battery harness, and the PCM. But with that, you need the 2013 Cluster, and SJB and dash harness, as well as body harness ....
Here is why:
The 05-10 PCM's have 3 connectors: 50Pin,50Pin and 70Pin
The 11-14 PCM's have 3 connectors: 70Pin,70Pin and 50 Pin
They are completely differently wired. The 11+ have wideband O2's, EPAS, Knock sensors (actually the 10 has them, too), etc...
I compared the wiring's 1:1... It would be a nightmare to re-pin the 170/190 slots. Believe me. I was seriously looking into this.

So the fuel pump is the easiest one....

The ABS module connects to the light harness, as well as the MAF, IC Pump, and some other stuff... So well, that tells you something.

You don't really have a step by step approach. Either all or nothing, as the components are too different. The 2010's can at least do some baby steps towards the goal, as the cluster hooks right up. Sorry...

LEXiiON

Great info! Thanks and no need to apologize. It is what it is and it wont stop me. :)

I'll start pricing out and gathering up the harnesses as I have a couple connections that can get me Ford parts at employee discount pricing.

Thanks You! :thumbsup:

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
2013 PCM: DR3Z-12A650-AJD - Catch Code MWJ3
2013 ABS Module: DR3Z-12C219-A
2013 Steering Wheel Switch: SW 6911
2013 GT500 cluster: DR3Z-10849-JA
2013 GT500 Engine Harness: DU5Z-12A581-E
2013 GT500 Battery Harness: ER3Z-14300-C or Motorcraft WC96334 (Amazon now has only 4 in stock :D)
2011+ EPAS Rack: DR3Z3504-CE
2011+ Engine Cradle: BR3Z-5C145-A
2011+ Idler Bracket (instead of PS Pump) BR3Z-8A653-A
2011+ Wideband O2 sensors: BR3Z-9F472A (2X)
2011+ MAF: BR3Z-12B1579A
2013+ MAF Harness: DR3Z-12A690-A
2011+ Knock sensor Harness: AR3Z-12B559-AA
2013+ Ambient Sensor DR3Z-14A411-D
2013+ IC Pump: DR3Z-14A411-AA
2013 Light Harness: DR3Z-14290-LC
2013 Body Harness DR3Z-14A005-TD (with Bilsteins!)
2013 SJB: BR3Z-15604-A
Ride Control Switch: SW-6962

Just a few to start with :D

Last edited:

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Yea, its not that easy sadly... I have been working on a new version of the "Black Box" to allow the installation of the 13/14 cluster in a 2005-2012 mustang.

Should be out end of Q2 this year.

Cheers,
-Matt

THAT is the EASIEST WAY for 05-10 owners !!!
I mentioned before, talk to Matt... there you go ;)

Here is the 2013 GT500 PCM with the different connections (You see the light harness goes into one of the 70Pin Connectors)

PCM.jpg

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Soooo what happened to blueeyedsnake? was going to PM him for details but he is banned now?

Also does anyone know if the custom tune for the 2011 PCM will pass CA smog? My snake is my DD and I REALLY dont want to have to unmod and flash back to 2011 just to smog and put it back!

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Hi all,

This is ZeroAviation (Matt) one of the original guys on this swap from TMS.

For anyone on this forum who is doing this swap on the 11/12 shelby, I have written a swap tune for the MWJ3 PCM.

I will provide this FREE of charge to anyone (as my time allows). Its a Stock 11/12 tune for the 13/14 PCM firmware. This will allow you to run the 13/14 PCM or PCM Firmware in the 10/11/12 cars with the cluster swap.

Feel free to email me with your swap information and your SCT device serial number - [email protected]

Cheers,
-Matt

^^^^THIS. Stock 2012 Tune will sure pass CA emissions. PM Matt.

LEXiiON

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thanks man, will PM him for sure. Sooo I gotta sell some stuff now for parts... haha this just became Modification Numero Uno!

And just to clarify, this swap actually WORKS?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread