2013 GT500 restoration (sort of)

Blkblk13car

Established Member
IMG_6426.JPG
probably can’t see due to quality but this side needs more love from m205 and white pad.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Have you considered going with a more aggressive polish and/or pad?

I hit them with m105 and yellow pad (LC) initially. My worry is the damage in the clear coat since I don’t want to further it along. That being said I’ll try 205 but if it’s still not getting where I need I’ll drop it down and do a pass or two with 105 again.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
So after blowing my coolant hose (the big hydra one) I spent wed taking things apart. I am honestly shocked how easy the car was to work on with minimal panels having to be removed. The entire assembly, thermostat change out, and oil change on just ramps took me about an hour and half. I did have expert oversight but wow I really didn’t mind working on it (HATED working on the Bmw).
IMG_6977.JPG
IMG_6979.JPG
IMG_7079.JPG

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Got new hose and will be getting it on today in a bit of a rush since storms are moving in.. but makes it more dramatic I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Very cool, glad you are doing it yourself! Storms are almost over here...

Well temps are great, long drive was fine up until I pulled into my driveway and had billowing steam. The cap actually popped off the expansion tank. Ordered new cap- all temps were fine other wise weirdly enough.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Well temps are great, long drive was fine up until I pulled into my driveway and had billowing steam. The cap actually popped off the expansion tank. Ordered new cap- all temps were fine other wise weirdly enough.

Realized I was actually gallons low and that caused the low volume of coolant to boil- cap was likely loose but I swapped tank caps and ordered a new

Sirraf

Established Member
Man, great job. A lot of elbow grease in this thread. Love seeing a great transformation like this. Keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread