2013+ GT500 signed by Carroll?

nickf2005

Established Member
It adds no value to the car.

Not according to the used car salesman I talked to last week. He asked if I had it signed and when I said no he says, "Too bad, that could have added $30-$40,000 to your car.

True story. I can't make something like that up.

Posted via Topify using Android

steeltoe

Established Member
Says you whom told me on another thread that you don't even own a car at this point. A car is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it and the more you have to offer with the car the more desirable it is to a potential buyer. Who knows or cares at this point if it adds anymore value, it does add a bit more to the coolness factor IMO. I'm sure that's why so many people purchased his sig through the foundation along with helping out children.

It doesn't add any coolness factor. It adds a stupid factor.

A couple of years ago I was looking a nice Saleen Terminator but add Chip Foose, Jack Roush, and Molly and Steve Saleen signatures in various places on the car. I offered the guy $5K less then his asking price because that's what I felt like it would cost me to remove that garbage off the car.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Ugh...Im sorry I even posted this topic. On the plus side, it is almost a near impossibility that a 2013+ part of any kind was signed by CS. At least we can now be fairly sure that is the case. The foundation was under the impression the 2010+ were all the same, and since I didnt have dash to compare it to at the time, I didnt know either. It is ironic, but I had him next to my car one time (a 2008 I had) and he asked me for the pen. I told him it was honor just to have his attention and get to visit. I didnt want his signature. Getting the memories of being around him and talking to him were enough for me.

Chris, you maybe outta just leave the foundation alone. It is like calling a girl fat. You might be accurate, but it doesnt win you any favor. The foundation is Carroll's baby, and many Shelby enthusiasts will defend it to the bitter end. Also, I discussed this with Jamal Hameedi a while back, and he was quite convincing that Carroll had a lot of input through 2013 development. In fact, it was a visit from Carroll to SVT that labeled my car's colors "the superman build".

Steeltoe, why do you even bother coming here? I dont ever see you post anything that adds VALUE to any topics. Just be more positive dude. or be negative in a more funny or likeable fashion, please.

Thanks for questioning that Ice- I might have gone a couple years and not made the connection its the wrong piece.

I could put in a 2012 dash- it would be replacing three pieces, but what would the point in that be?

5.0 guy

Established Member
Ummm... That's not exactly something you want to base your argument on.

Carroll Shelby's Children's Foundation Pays Out Bupkis | The Truth About Cars

"Along with helping out children" is not the basis of my argument sir! As far as people purchasing through his foundation for a good cause has nothing to do with how they run the foundation either. I had the airbag cover for my 08 signed and thought it was great donating through his foundation. Those articles you posted have nothing to do with my intentions it others that have donated through his foundation. I usually agree with you Chris but this time I do not but still respect your opinion!:beer:

5.0 guy

Established Member
It doesn't add any coolness factor. It adds a stupid factor.

A couple of years ago I was looking a nice Saleen Terminator but add Chip Foose, Jack Roush, and Molly and Steve Saleen signatures in various places on the car. I offered the guy $5K less then his asking price because that's what I felt like it would cost me to remove that garbage off the car.

You're a joke and not worth commenting to anymore.

steeltoe

Established Member
Also, I discussed this with Jamal Hameedi a while back, and he was quite convincing that Carroll had a lot of input through 2013 development. In fact, it was a visit from Carroll to SVT that labeled my car's colors "the superman build".
I honestly think CS had about as much to do with the GT500 as PJ did with the Boss. In all the interviews and videos of CS around the time of the introduction on the 2013 you can tell his health was declining. Ford/SVT/SCA all knew the writing was on the wall and planed to milk the shit out of his name and legacy by saying he had a hand the development of the car because when he died they can now say it was the last car he "developed" to help with sales.
Steeltoe, why do you even bother coming here? I dont ever see you post anything that adds VALUE to any topics. Just be more positive dude. or be negative in a more funny or likeable fashion, please.
My post are funny to me. Fact is Chris and I are pretty much saying the same thing but because I'm not nice about it and Chris is a salesman, y'all don't want to hear what I have to say.

C0bra99

Established Member
I have the auto pen on my '13 and was happy to pay/donate the money to the foundation. I just wanted to make sure that any info I get is backed up. I wasn't aware of the very low percent given back, still doesn't change my outlook on the money I gave them. I bought the car because it's badass and having the Shelby name included is just a bonus

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
"Along with helping out children" is not the basis of my argument sir! As far as people purchasing through his foundation for a good cause has nothing to do with how they run the foundation either. I had the airbag cover for my 08 signed and thought it was great donating through his foundation. Those articles you posted have nothing to do with my intentions it others that have donated through his foundation. I usually agree with you Chris but this time I do not but still respect your opinion!:beer:

What Im saying is that his foundation is a scam. Your rest of your argument is fine. But don't bring in that foundation.

If you donated $100 to it. $10 of it makes it to the kids.

I do a charity event yearly, called cars and copters. Once the food, tents, tables, chairs and rental equipment is paid for. All of the proceeds go directly to the kids. We took in $19k in 6 hours this year, 16k of it went to the kids. I'm a nobody compared to Shelby. How do they have 90% admin costs? It's either terribly inefficient l, or somebody's getting paid

I absolutely hate when you donate money to a cause, and the majority of the money doesn't go to the cause. It's just wrong.

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
What Im saying is that his foundation is a scam. Your rest of your argument is fine. But don't bring in that foundation.

I do a charity event yearly, called cars and copters. Once the food, tents, tables, chairs and rental equipment is paid for. All of the proceeds go directly to the kids. We took in $19k in 6 hours this year, 16k of it went to the kids. I'm a nobody compared to Shelby. How do they have 90% admin costs? It's either terribly inefficient l, or somebody's getting paid

I absolutely hate when you donate money to a cause, and the majority of the money doesn't go to the cause. It's just wrong.

I understand your point, thanks for clarifying! Off subject but do you plan to exit that 2nd Shelby for a 15 or going to hold out for the next big dog?

662HP631TQ

Established Member
What? One of the greatest Car Guys in the world to ever live and have a positive influence on muscle cars today and you say it would 'ruin' the car? This coming from a guy who don't own a Shelby...but you do own a fancy F-150.

I wouldn't put it on mine either. I don't want a signature on anything I own that is functional. Maybe as a collectors piece if I was into that. We idolize people too much these days. I wouldn't go as far as to blanket statement and say it ruins the car, but it would to me. Incidentally I got"CSCOBRA" as my license plate because I couldn't think of anything else. So there is my tribute the the man. It says it in chrome letters on the back and on my license plate.

662HP631TQ

Established Member

Sad thing is most BIG charities are like that. They are often times mismanaged terribly and most times someone has a big payday!

Smaller charities are more controllable and thus the majority funds usually go where they are supposed to!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I understand your point, thanks for clarifying! Off subject but do you plan to exit that 2nd Shelby for a 15 or going to hold out for the next big dog?

Next big dog. I could get another 14 at invoice.
But the trade deal would have to be strong on mine.

Wish the ford GT's would stop appreciating too!

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
I honestly think CS had about as much to do with the GT500 as PJ did with the Boss. In all the interviews and videos of CS around the time of the introduction on the 2013 you can tell his health was declining. Ford/SVT/SCA all knew the writing was on the wall and planed to milk the shit out of his name and legacy by saying he had a hand the development of the car because when he died they can now say it was the last car he "developed" to help with sales.

My post are funny to me. Fact is Chris and I are pretty much saying the same thing but because I'm not nice about it and Chris is a salesman, y'all don't want to hear what I have to say.

You are free to have your opinion of course.

Im just the type of guy that if a little fact like last Shelby Carroll had input on brings them joy or gives them a sense of accomplishment in life, I'd be the last one to ruin it for them.

I guess you are the type of guy that just can't allow someone else to enjoy what they have and leave it be. You either didnt like yours or couldn't afford to keep it, so it seems we shouldn't enjoy ours. Its okay, you won't admit that, but its pretty clear that is the likely scenario. Hope things pick up for you.:beer:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Next big dog. I could get another 14 at invoice.
But the trade deal would have to be strong on mine.

Wish the ford GT's would stop appreciating too!

Yes sir, wish I had purchased the GT when I had the chance, the owner of my local Ford had his for sale a little over two years ago when the recession hit really bad. I never bothered to offer to purchase it since I figured he had it at around $180ish. A good friend if mine that works for him is his sales mgr, we were talking about that car and he told me that they sold it for $135. I've been groveling over it since but wasn't meant to be. The car was a three option blk no stripes with 56 miles. Ill get mine someday but know I will have to hand over my left nut with cash to get it now!

5.0 guy

Established Member
You are free to have your opinion of course.

Im just the type of guy that if a little fact like last Shelby Carroll had input on brings them joy or gives them a sense of accomplishment in life, I'd be the last one to ruin it for them.

I guess you are the type of guy that just can't allow someone else to enjoy what they have and leave it be. You either didnt like yours or couldn't afford to keep it, so it seems we shouldn't enjoy ours. Its okay, you won't admit that, but its pretty clear that is the likely scenario. Hope things pick up for you.:beer:

Lol :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread