2013+ GT500 signed by Carroll?

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Fair enough Chris. Oh, and I made the assumption you were in car sales just reading through some of our threads, and your avatar title.

But you are right. I never have had the impression you were anything but a stand up guy in all your posts...

...but I would never be picked for my role in Shelby if I didnt actively protect the brand and his name.

As for making the car more "valuable", I never asserted that, and frankly never cared if it did or didn't. I just thought it would be cool to have his signature on my car BECAUSE Ive never seen a 2013+ with one. I just didnt follow my own thought process through as to why. The obvious point that he was in the hospital many months before his passing should have been a clear indicator. But having a dash piece in bubble wrap with the understanding it was from our MY just had me overlooking that issue.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Shit my dogs name is Shelby, I get it

Dude our dogs name was Shelby :thumbsup:
And my youngest daughters initials are CJ and we call her Colletti, but my wife doesn't know why :beer:
Also, I'd MUCH rather be driving a Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang than a Ford Dildo, but if it was the same car I'd be driving it either way :rockon:
-J

Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Well said Chris and dubbsfaris, those were good summaries and better worded then I put mine. I only have so much time to spend on here....

Guys, I should have been a little more clear that I meant a signed airbag cover is at least worth something so that would in effect make the car worth whatever the value of a signed airbag cover goes for (currently about $1500). No way do I think CS signing a car would make a particular car be worth thousands more, unless his signature (which he has signed his name thousands and thousands and thousands of times) became increasingly more valuable due to his death and thus inability to keep creating his signature. ;-) Now IF, as Chris said, someone had their 13 Shelby airbag cover or other part signed by CS while he was on his deathbed that 13 part would be worth some serious dough because that really wasn't even possible to have done. I have searched and have never found any 13 part signed by him.

But the only real extra value any signed Shelby would get is whatever value CS signature on a certain part brings on the market, such as Ebay.

Regardless...I'd still have liked to had a signed airbag cover in my car. I realize not everyone cares or would want one in theirs, but to me it would be pretty cool and I would've paid some money to either had it done or get one on the market.

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Well said Chris and dubbsfaris, those were good summaries and better worded then I put mine. I only have so much time to spend on here....

Guys, I should have been a little more clear that I meant a signed airbag cover is at least worth something so that would in effect make the car worth whatever the value of a signed airbag cover goes for (currently about $1500). No way do I think CS signing a car would make a particular car be worth thousands more, unless his signature (which he has signed his name thousands and thousands and thousands of times) became increasingly more valuable due to his death and thus inability to keep creating his signature. ;-) Now IF, as Chris said, someone had their 13 Shelby airbag cover or other part signed by CS while he was on his deathbed that 13 part would be worth some serious dough because that really wasn't even possible to have done. I have searched and have never found any 13 part signed by him.

But the only real extra value any signed Shelby would get is whatever value CS signature on a certain part brings on the market, such as Ebay.

Regardless...I'd still have liked to had a signed airbag cover in my car. I realize not everyone cares or would want one in theirs, but to me it would be pretty cool and I would've paid some money to either had it done or get one on the market.

My 08 has a hand signed plaque and the airbag cover signed and it's become a pretty special car out of my collection to myself and my family. It's something different then what my other cars have and I love it, when it all comes down to it that's all that matters! I will admit that I would pay more for a signed car but that doesn't make me niev I just know what I like and are willing to pay for it if need be. One lesson I have learned from this forum is everyone purchases their cars for different reasons which makes it cool IMO.

steeltoe

Established Member
Well that just shows what an ignorant dumbass you are.

Im the Team Shelby Regional Director for the Southern Plains. While I don't exactly brand myself as a Carroll Shelby Nutswinger, I did get the honor of enjoying his company, even having dinner with him, and all the great times it has given me. Have you ever had a golf cart race with Bob Bondurant in the middle of the night? I have. Have you ever done tequila shots with the president of Shelby American? I did. Did you ever get to drive triple digits down a deserted road in a museum car with the director of Ford SVT? Check that box off. Then there are the things I can't even mention in public.:rockon:

What you don't understand is that by simply buying a GT500, I went from a nobody with nothing to do with the automotive world, to doing some of the greatest things you could imagine. That goes straight back to my first point. I turned owning a gt500 into something much bigger than possession of a car, I turned it into a lifestyle. One that has brought me countless treasures and memories, and even made me money from time to time. Hosting events for charity and Team Shelby even allowed us to do an event with Americans and their own Shelby's to ship them to Europe, drive across 2800 miles and 9 countries, the nurburgring, the Italian coast, the French alps, and even on track top speed at LeMans. To you, it was just another car. That's too bad. I see you owned a Raptor- I can tell you just as many great things owning one of them has brought me. To you it was a truck.

You may not see the pattern- but I am POSITIVE the rest here do.

I treated you with respect and dignity, now you can just be dead to me like the rest already treat you as that bratty kid someone brings to a party you just have to ignore.

Good day sir.
16285d1352687385-tim-dobbins-u-mad-bro.jpg

Simon_C

Established Member
For the record: I'd own the car if it was called a Ford Dildo, a Ford Barbie, a Ford Pinto ...

Out of the three, I have to say the Ford Barbie has the most appeal. 'Pinto' is slang for small penis in Brazil. I could never work out why it flopped in that market.

Sorry about the pun. Couldn't resist.

Users who are viewing this thread