2013+ GT500 signed by Carroll?

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Im just curious how many of you have either acquired an airbag cover or visor, that was signed by CS before he passed.

To be open and honest, I have an airbag cover he signed, but obviously it wasnt in the car, just good planning on my part. Im struggling whether to put it in the car, or leave it out a while longer.

Thoughts?

:pop:

USV8PWR

Established Member
I have been looking everywhere for one, hoping that somebody got a 13 airbag cover signed before he passed. Will be worth a ton for sure man. Wish I had been in the same position as you.

Oh, and my thoughts...if you are keeping the car DEFINITELY put it in. If not or you just need the funds, sell it. I get dibs though!! :)

Last edited:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Considering he died 10 days after the start of '13 production and was in the hospital for quite a while prior, I don't believe he signed any '13's.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Considering he died 10 days after the start of '13 production and was in the hospital for quite a while prior, I don't believe he signed any '13's.

That's what I was thinking. But apparently at least one, the OP, was able to get a 13/14 airbag cover some time way prior to production of the 13 cars in Feb. or March 2012 and think to have it signed?? This has got to be one of only a few. I have been looking to see if Shelby America would ever offer one of these up for bids but nothing ever materialized so I assumed none had been signed.

Good to see you back on here Iceman! Maybe you've been around but it seems you been MIA as of late. :beer:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member

Hey Ice, good to see you. I got it over a year ago, when I finally got the last bit of information about where the gt500 was going, and if '14 would be the last year, etc.

Now, when I got it, it was wrapped in bubble wrap, I looked at it, and it was in good shape, so I left that way and put it with my collectible a in storage.

BUT- you have me second guessing. Im very familiar with his timeline at the end, and the more I think about it, the more Im thinking its a 2010-2012. I sure hope that is not the case as I had to call in a couple real favors to even get my hands on it, but Im gonna check before I stick my foot in my mouth. Thanks for making me think about this a bit more.

I'll let you guys know what I find out.

raustin0017

Established Member
What? One of the greatest Car Guys in the world to ever live and have a positive influence on muscle cars today and you say it would 'ruin' the car? This coming from a guy who don't own a Shelby...but you do own a fancy F-150.

Don't put it on the car. It ruins the car.

nickf2005

Established Member

Hey Ice, good to see you. I got it over a year ago, when I finally got the last bit of information about where the gt500 was going, and if '14 would be the last year, etc.

Now, when I got it, it was wrapped in bubble wrap, I looked at it, and it was in good shape, so I left that way and put it with my collectible a in storage.

BUT- you have me second guessing. Im very familiar with his timeline at the end, and the more I think about it, the more Im thinking its a 2010-2012. I sure hope that is not the case as I had to call in a couple real favors to even get my hands on it, but Im gonna check before I stick my foot in my mouth. Thanks for making me think about this a bit more.

I'll let you guys know what I find out.

I bought my 12 in April 13 and the program was already suspendeded. He then passed a couple months later. My guess is it fits a 10-12.

What? One of the greatest Car Guys in the world to ever live and have a positive influence on muscle cars today and you say it would 'ruin' the car? This coming from a guy who don't own a Shelby...but you do own a fancy F-150.

Don't put it on the car. It ruins the car.

I'd put it in my car in a heartbeat. It does not ruin it at all. It's an honor.

Posted via Topify using Android

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
My car was built only a few days before he died, and I have one of the 1st 2013s. I highly doubt that anyone has a 2013 signed by him, unless they drove it into a hospital room.

That being said, I don't want anyone signing my car. Especially not someone that had 0 to do with the development of it. His name is on the back of it. That's it.

steeltoe

Established Member
Maybe you should actually read my sig instead of looking at the pic.

That statement goes far on this forum, it's time for you to go buy a Prius and take a long drive of a short pier. :kaboom:
It adds no value to the car.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Maybe you should actually read my sig instead of looking at the pic.

It adds no value to the car.

Says you whom told me on another thread that you don't even own a car at this point. A car is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it and the more you have to offer with the car the more desirable it is to a potential buyer. Who knows or cares at this point if it adds anymore value, it does add a bit more to the coolness factor IMO. I'm sure that's why so many people purchased his sig through the foundation along with helping out children.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Ummm... That's not exactly something you want to base your argument on.

Carroll Shelby's Children's Foundation Pays Out Bupkis | The Truth About Cars

A six year old article? I guess it goes to show you that no matter what you do, someone will try to drag your name through the mud. First of all, the article says the foundation was started in 2002. It was started in 1991. So that right there casts any other information from this article into questionable at best.

So the beef in that article was that CSCF had only doled out a small percentage of the money it had taken in? Does anyone know how a foundation or an endowment works? Often, they don't give away or spend all of their money at once. They let the money grow through interest and investments and only give out a portion of the growth. This allows the fund to live indefinitely and support its cause into the future, not just today.

To anyone who wants to drag Carroll's name through the mud: when people are paying money to have you sign their car, then you can say whatever you want about him. Until then...:read:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
My point is. Carroll's foundation wasnt exactly the best foundation when it came to donating money. Whether it happened 6 years ago or 6 months ago. It wasnt a good thing....

So basing an argument on "how much his foundation has done for kids" it's really not a good basis for an argument.

I also posted a link with multiple other stories about it.

Say what you will, but just cause his name is on the back of the car, doest mean anyone needs to bow down to him, and ignore some of his past issues. Nevermind use it for an argument.

Great car guy. Great automobile mind. Great racer. Very good brand recognition. Absolutely. Helped sell alot of cars. That was the whole point, l sell alot of cars from 2007-2014.

Users who are viewing this thread