2013 Idle

CobraG

Established Member
Another issue I've noticed lately is my idle bounces up and down. By that I mean it goes down to about 500 RPMs then back up to around 1500 RPMs.
What could be causing this?

I don't drive this car often and with the issues it's been having with the front bumper, windshield washer reservoir (see other post) and the idle issue I drive it even less. Could the idle issue be attributed somewhat to the lack of driving?

CobraG

Established Member
I'm sure it was, I bought it used, it has a JLT RAI on it so I know it had to be tuned. Unfortunately it did not come with the hand held so I don't know who tuned it or what tune it had.
Would getting a tune fix that? I need to get one, just on the fence at the moment what I'm going to do with the car, keep or trade it.

basspro302

Established Member
Hard to say without looking at it but i would try an idle relearn. Disconnect the battery take the terminal ends of the cable and hold them together for 5 minutes or use a jumper wire. When you start the car make sure all loads, ac radio etc are iff and let the car idle for 10-20mins

96gt02

Established Member
Lunds tunes are kinda famous for this type of idle issue especially with the JLT but yeah I would definitely get a tune you know about in it asap

Users who are viewing this thread