2013 M3 thinks he can beat 2013 GT500

kaz109

Established Member
I recently sold my 2010 M3 for a GT500 and stock for stock that guy would have to be crazy to think he had a chance. No competition there. I had an ESS 625 blower for about my last year of ownership and that would make it close from a roll, but I think my nearly stock (for about another week) GT500 would still take it.

The E92 M3 is a great car, no doubt, but serves an entirely different purpose than the GT500.

On a side note, I was a long time, contributing member of an M3 forum and the responses I got upon trading the M in on a Shelby were absolutely ridiculous. In my experience, most M3 owners really are not true car enthusiasts and have no appreciation for anything else. Most also wouldn't know how to change a tire or even a headlight bulb. You guys would laugh your asses off if you saw all the threads posted on the most basic of maintenance questions.

Well I disagree with part of this post because anybody who has spent any time on the M3 forum know they definitely have appreciation for other cars, in fact they are trying to get the name changed to P car forums lol

RBB

Established Member
Well I disagree with part of this post because anybody who has spent any time on the M3 forum know they definitely have appreciation for other cars, in fact they are trying to get the name changed to P car forums lol
It depends on the car in question. If you're talking Porches, exotics and other very expensive cars, then yes, there is appreciation. Most members do not seem to appreciate American muscle. I've seen that sort of attitude time and time again over there.

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
It depends on the car in question. If you're talking Porches, exotics and other very expensive cars, then yes, there is appreciation. Most members do not seem to appreciate American muscle. I've seen that sort of attitude time and time again over there.

I agree with you. They are still not true car enthusiasts.

kaz109

Established Member

I disagree again because they d@#k ride z06's just as much as ppl do on this forum ..I would say that is an American muscle car wouldn't u? And yes I was talking about Porsche's, that forum will pick a GT3 over any car on the planet lol...I have no idea why the forum name is still M3Forums lol

PS....would do you think this site would say to a person trading a GT500 for an M3? It would be the same style response you got on the M3 forum .

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I disagree again because they d@#k ride z06's just as much as ppl do on this forum ..I would say that is an American muscle car wouldn't u? And yes I was talking about Porsche's, that forum will pick a GT3 over any car on the planet lol...I have no idea why the forum name is still M3Forums lol

PS....would do you think this site would say to a person trading a GT500 for an M3? It would be the same style response you got on the M3 forum .

For the most part, no it wouldnt. There is alot of respect for e92 M3s on this forum. Most ppl would recognize that trading a gt500 for an M3 meant they wanted to go a different direction, because its a much different car. Sure the gt500 has more power and is faster, but the M3 is more luxurious and is a nicer cruiser and probly better around a track.

I dont see much of anyone on the M3 forums making ANY concessions to a gt500 and that is where they are abunch of pompous dbags.

kaz109

Established Member
For the most part, no it wouldnt. There is alot of respect for e92 M3s on this forum. Most ppl would recognize that trading a gt500 for an M3 meant they wanted to go a different direction, because its a much different car. Sure the gt500 has more power and is faster, but the M3 is more luxurious and is a nicer cruiser and probly better around a track.

I dont see much of anyone on the M3 forums making ANY concessions to a gt500 and that is where they are abunch of pompous dbags.

Do you own a M3 ? Lol..you sound like it. I understand what you are saying but as a whole this site would not share your same thoughts.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
One of my colleagues with a newer M3 was very impressed with my Shelby and the build quality. He is still kind of cocky but he knows that the 2 cars are complete opposites and he has no chance performance wise.

mgallo13

Established Member
It didn't sound like this guy was an enthusiast who appreciated the 500. Although you may be right in general I think we know what kind of a d bag this guy was.

Same thoughts here. I happen to know some genuine enthusiast BMW guys in my town and they're decent enough. But unfortunately they are let down by their "mightier than thou" brethren who think they M# cannot be beaten by a car that doesn't cos nearly as much. God forbid its American.

masonh

Established Member
Lastly I drove a 13GT500 and it had raw hwy speed. That is it. It got old fast for me, I prefer a boss 302 out of the two stangs

Everything you said made sense until this.

I know you aren't the first to say it, but I will never understand how someone can refer a Boss over a '13-'14 GT500?

kaz109

Established Member

I know you aren't the first to say it, but I will never understand how someone can refer a Boss over a '13-'14 GT500?

Honestly man the boss just has that "it" factor IMO . I already own a 650+whp hwy monster car so the cobra really didn't wow me like it may others . I think I have such a crush on the boss because it is true track American muscle car. It has the higher redline and I like raw NA feel to it. I like the idea of an American car beating the European cars are those own game. I car that was truly built for the track and not a drag car that can kinda turn such as the hwy roll king GT500. That is just my opinion , if they were the same price I would pick the boss without thinking twice.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Well everybody has their likes and dislikes. :beer:.....for me there are few cars I enjoy more than a M3 on a weekend canyon ride or at the track ( and I have driven and tracked a lot of cars) I just think other cars make for a better DD. But I still think the M3 is a brilliant machine

As you pointed out before any car can be made fast- well any car can be made to handle. The M3 is def brilliant in the handling dept- so is the new Mustang. As good as the M3? At Willow it was within a fraction of a second. I love how many Euro car owners automatically think their cars are so superior to every car on the road when in fact that's not actually true- good stuff!!

RBB

Established Member

We're talking about different forums then. There is an entirely different attitude over at M3post. And yes, I do agree that a Z06 is American muscle.

I haven't been here long enough to know what kind of reponse that would generate. Personally, though, I am a fan of all cars. I can appreciate anything from a Pagani all the way down to a Civic that has been heavily modified. That's what a true enthusiast is to me.

Exactly, this is the attitude that the overwhelming majority seem to have. If it's not a Euro brand (BMW, Porsche, Audi, etc), an exotic, or it doesn't cost over $80K then it's complete crap.

Jack Burton

Established Member

Nome people prefer a N/A engine over F/I. Also, the Boss is designed for the track, so obviously someone that desires a car that's light on it's feet and high revving is going to go with the Boss. Someone that want's a muscle car with tons of raw power/torque and will be a terror on the highways and drag strip is going to go with the Shelby. Two different cars geared towards two different areas/buyers. Not a very difficult thing to understand.

kaz109

Established Member
We're talking about different forums then. There is an entirely different attitude over at M3post. And yes, I do agree that a Z06 is American muscle.

I haven't been here long enough to know what kind of reponse that would generate. Personally, though, I am a fan of all cars. I can appreciate anything from a Pagani all the way down to a Civic that has been heavily modified. That's what a true enthusiast is to me.

Exactly, this is the attitude that the overwhelming majority seem to have. If it's not a Euro brand (BMW, Porsche, Audi, etc), an exotic, or it doesn't cost over $80K then it's complete crap.

You are correct. I have never been to M3post, I was speaking on behalf of M3forums

steeltoe

Established Member
As a BMW owner I always they to bait mustang guys into running me..........in the canyons! Hahahaha..but seriously guys cmon, some ppl are so prideful it is ridiculous! When I was in my C63 I spotted a 13 GT500 ahead of me on a hwy and thought I would finally get to hear one in person. Did I feel I had a chance in hell? No but I wanted to hear how they sounded in person.

Lighten up ppl not everybody is trying to bruise your ego , some of use are just car enthusiast that are happen to see and hear a certain car's in action in real life and not on YouTube . Although I was later able to drive a GT500 and was disappointed :(

C63 sound so much better then GT500s I've considered trading my GT500 for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

steeltoe

Established Member

When I got my GT500 I was looking for a Boss because that's what I wanted. The only reason I got my GT500 is I got a really good deal on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread