?? 2013 M5 vs 2011 GT500. Future runs..

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure if he was in "M" mode, but I do remember him saying he was in full automatic mode, whatever that means. He only had the car for a month, and he was mentioning that he needs to play around with the different modes. Once he gets the M mode figured out, I will do another run with him. From watching other videos of the M5 running other cars, I didn't expect the way he ran, and figured he would go right past me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk stuff!

Sounds like your buddy has no clue what he is doing with the car yet, like the others I believe he wasnt in "M" mode. Your car didnt sound stock to me either.

Well whatever the reason is that you beat the Ms ass, thanks for posting the video and providing the entertainment. :beer:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Sounds like your buddy has no clue what he is doing with the car yet, like the others I believe he wasnt in "M" mode. Your car didnt sound stock to me either.

Well whatever the reason is that you beat the Ms ass, thanks for posting the video and providing the entertainment. :beer:

The OPs car sounded stock and the M5 was a "Manual". The F10 M5 DCT traps 4 mph higher than a "Manual" F10 M5.

5.0Trunk

Established Member

Not sure if having the microphone mounted underneath the car, in between the mufflers made the cars sound different, but it is complete stock, down to the air filter.

Thanks.

fusionchicken

Established Member
yeah the m5 being manual made perfect sense, as i mentioned Motortrend got the manual m5 to trap 117mph which is significantly lower than the DCT version. the 2 cars should be very even once the m5 guy figures his car out.

edit: here's the video - of course i'm not saying all manual m5s will trap 117 all around the country under all weather conditions (in case the m5 fanbois swarm in and go apeshit over that comment) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3qjDQw_kpQ - guy was shifting pretty fast

on another note if i had a car like the m5 i would have it "figured out" within 2 to 3 days of ownership after driving a couple hundred miles. i work 80+ hours per week but will still find time for that :D

Last edited:

5.0Trunk

Established Member
I asked him about the R8 this weekend, it was a stock v10.

Kazsak

Established Member
First congrats on the run. True if driven to its potential the m5 will win from roll especially DCT. There is no doubt DCT m5 is faster.

The video just shows how important drivers are. the faster car don't always win. It is how fast the car + driver that counts.

Stock vs stock the 13 M5 should kick the shit out of an 11 snake..

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Just read through this,, man i'm sorry but the op video's doesn't really reflect what the new m5's can do at all the m5 driver is down right horrible with what ever he is doing lol. The e60 m5 v10 which aren't as powerful as the f10's would have given you a run for the money. Just to give you an idea here's a modded gt500 versus a stock m5 [video=youtube;tZdb588S5YM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZdb588S5YM[/video]

here is the older slower m5 against a 13 gt500 [video=youtube;UQJdg2K1grk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJdg2K1grk[/video]

bottom line for a big heavy sedan the m5's move unlike the op's video shows :-D

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
There is no M mode power increase like the older E60. However, the throttle gets revamped, transmission more agressive, etc. OP’s friend needs to set it to Sports + to get the most out of it.

The M5 SHOULD’VE gave it a beating, sure it doesn’t go the way you expected but it can happen. 13+ M5 is in the league or faster than the C6 Z06 from a roll and we all know how that goes against a stock pre 2013 Shelby.

Good kill OP! Make sure to tell your friend about the settings and give it a second go. Don’t expect the same results against other 13+ M5’s and stay away from tuned M5’s! It will not be pretty for you even if you have a pulley and bolt ons.

For the person saying it doesnt feel fast, a luxury car will NEVER feel as agressive or as fast as a pony car. Hence the luxury.

Last edited:

Rios302

Established Member
I am still waiting for the Hellcat to go head to head against the 2013 GT500. That one should be interesting too

Users who are viewing this thread