2013 Mustang GT dyno before and after E85

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Just finished my datalogging on E85 and thanks to Lund for working with me after finding some better E85. Attached are my 93 octane and E85 dynos. Same dyno, one in october one in June. It is a super hot day here as well, I videoed the boost and it was right at 10 psig at 7500 RPM. Pretty happy with the results, 614rwhp. This car has stock exhaust just added beefcake special paxton supercharger and a fore innovations fuel system. Stall one day to get the track times good, but for now the street machine is fun to drive as is.

535rwhp to 614 is about 80rwhp for fairly cheap. I am happy.

Attachments

• Dyno Pulls 2013 Mustang GT Paxton 2200.pdf
    250.1 KB · Views: 377
  • mustang paxton e85.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 338

MG0h3

Established Member
Having trouble with the attachments but thats a sweet increase.

Normally you only see about 50rwhp. Might have been a little soft on the 93 but either way congrats!

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Here is from today
bf12d78ae7fc555dfe8338eaa1380dec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jeffs

Established Member
Killer gains man!! Pump E85 probably pisses off alot of race gas sales-people. I cannot imagine having a daily driven performance vehicle, and not being into the gains offered by it, unless your area isn't fortunate enough to have it.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
E85 is nice, especially on a power adder car. I went from 680hp or so on pump gas to 740hp on E85. I know that is well above the safe range for a gen 1 coyote but I will be getting a built motor next year so I don't care if the stock one calls it quits.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
also be ready to upgrade your diff. The stock clutch packs won't hold up to 600+ hp. I noticed mine going out when I would get on it and the car would pull to the driver's side. At first I thought it was a suspension issue but after having a shop look at it it seems the diff is going bad. Upgrading to a truetrac and strange axles with c-clip eliminators.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
clutch packs = transmission, diff = rear end to me. Which are you referring to? I actually am afraid the transmission may be slightly slipping when boost kicks in. I was not aware of the rear differential limitations though near my level. With the way I launch I am not afraid of any of them going out though lol.

clinton2003

Established Member
clutch packs = transmission, diff = rear end to me. Which are you referring to? I actually am afraid the transmission may be slightly slipping when boost kicks in. I was not aware of the rear differential limitations though near my level. With the way I launch I am not afraid of any of them going out though lol.
the limited slip clutch pack. google "Ford Trac LOK"

also be ready to upgrade your diff. The stock clutch packs won't hold up to 600+ hp. I noticed mine going out when I would get on it and the car would pull to the driver's side. At first I thought it was a suspension issue but after having a shop look at it it seems the diff is going bad. Upgrading to a truetrac and strange axles with c-clip eliminators.
hell my rear diff lasted quite a long time at 800hp (1+ years), and im still on a stock one at 1200 (1.21 60ft @ 3900+lbs too, btw its the same carrier from 800hp... haha)
I'm not saying its going to last very long, but i think the clutch packs out last the spider gears at high horsepower.

In the last 30k miles of boost, i have gone through 1 clutch pack, 1 set of spider gears (replaced with a less fubar used set), and then replaced the whole carrier with new clutches and spider gears

and Yes, im dumb for not upgrading the rear, but i dont see a point in putting another carrier in thats going to fail, vs just doing the 35 spline/spool/clip elim from Strange. Which I STILL need to do...

fuelforfire87

Established Member
@TTUhouston your rear end should probably be fine as long as you are not launching it hard or doing a bunch of burnouts. Heck the 2013-14 GT500 has basically the same rear end we have (except it has upgraded clutch packs) and puts down close to 600rwhp from the factory. I think I just got unlucky somehow as my car is not daily driven and I only put about 3k miles on it per year.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
To be fair though, the last track trip was on some E70 (70% ethanol). I found some better E85 - E95 range fuel dyno day.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Also, it is the middle of texas humid summer, so DA around 2000 ft. When weather gets good expecting 130+ mph.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Also, it is the middle of texas humid summer, so DA around 2000 ft. When weather gets good expecting 130+ mph.

I feel your pain, I'm in FL, I have no plans to go to the track anytime soon lol, kinda pointless running in 90+* heat just to run 123mph or something garbage.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I was running 122s and 123s on 93 octane. Went up to 127.7 on e70. Hoping for a 129 or so on this better e85.

Users who are viewing this thread