2013 PBD Tuned GT500 Runs 10.463@133 on 93oct

pierce88

Established Member
Some of you guys have been following my build and time slips but we made some MAJOR progress this weekend! I have been fighting Bad spark Plugs, Bent Stock Axles, and a Rear Brake Problems (Biggest Issue).

So we took the car out to Bradenton Motorsports Park this weekend and I knew we were onto something the first pass of the day. Tire pressure was WAY too high we with a 2.4 second 60' it still ran 134mph! After some additional testing and adjustments to tire pressure we found the sweet spot (13psi in the QTPs) and made a great pass!

Previous best for everyone following my earlier threads was [email protected]. After reviewing the logs and showing minimal to no timing being pulled we knew it was a mechanical issue. Final fix was the rear brakes were DEFINITELY dragging. For anyone who installs the Billet Pro Shop Rear Brake kit on a 2013 (To allow running a 15" Rear Wheel) I'd highly recommend swapping the supplied rotors out with a set of 99-04 Mustang GT OEM Brakes and ensuring they are centered within the Bracket/Caliper.

Video Below!

Plans for NMRA Spring Brake Shootout are Likely ID1000s, VMP Dual BAP, Monoblade Throttle Body and Re-tune. Hopefully can crack into the 9s!!!

Car is Full interior with Only Shaker 1000 Sub removed! (Even had the Tire Inflation Kit Still inside)

Mod List for Reference:

SCT X4 with PBD Dyno Tune (687whp 93oct)
N2MB WOT Box
JLT Race Red 123mm Intake
VMP 2.4" Pulley
VMP 90mm Idler Pulley
VMP Twin 67mm Throttle Body
Metco Auxillary Idler Pulley
JBA 2-Piece Stainless Catless H-Pipe
McLeod RXT
Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
Strangle 31-Spline Axles
MGW Gen 2
Braided Stainless Steel Clutch Line
UPR Lower Control Arm Relocation brackets
BBR Billet Rear Lower Control Arms
Viking Warrior Drag Shocks
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
BPS Rear Lightweight Break Kit (15” Wheels)
JPC Line Lock Kit
Reische 170* Thermostat
CFM Pass Break/ JLT Catch Can
Brisk Racing Spark Plugs GR12YS Silver
15x10, 18x5 Race Stars
29x11.5 Hoosier QTP
M&H Front Runners (28x4.5r18)

JqMdpb.jpg

bhcsNl.jpg

Dinosgt

Established Member
Some of you guys have been following my build and time slips but we made some MAJOR progress this weekend! I have been fighting Bad spark Plugs, Bent Stock Axles, and a Rear Brake Problems (Biggest Issue).

So we took the car out to Bradenton Motorsports Park this weekend and I knew we were onto something the first pass of the day. Tire pressure was WAY too high we with a 2.4 second 60' it still ran 134mph! After some additional testing and adjustments to tire pressure we found the sweet spot (13psi in the QTPs) and made a great pass!

Previous best for everyone following my earlier threads was [email protected]. After reviewing the logs and showing minimal to no timing being pulled we knew it was a mechanical issue. Final fix was the rear brakes were DEFINITELY dragging. For anyone who installs the Billet Pro Shop Rear Brake kit on a 2013 (To allow running a 15" Rear Wheel) I'd highly recommend swapping the supplied rotors out with a set of 99-04 Mustang GT OEM Brakes and ensuring they are centered within the Bracket/Caliper.

Video Below!

Plans for NMRA Spring Brake Shootout are Likely ID1000s, VMP Dual BAP, Monoblade Throttle Body and Re-tune. Hopefully can crack into the 9s!!!

Car is Full interior with Only Shaker 1000 Sub removed! (Even had the Tire Inflation Kit Still inside)

Mod List for Reference:

SCT X4 with PBD Dyno Tune (687whp 93oct)
N2MB WOT Box
JLT Race Red 123mm Intake
VMP 2.4" Pulley
VMP 90mm Idler Pulley
VMP Twin 67mm Throttle Body
Metco Auxillary Idler Pulley
JBA 2-Piece Stainless Catless H-Pipe
McLeod RXT
Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
Strangle 31-Spline Axles
MGW Gen 2
Braided Stainless Steel Clutch Line
UPR Lower Control Arm Relocation brackets
BBR Billet Rear Lower Control Arms
Viking Warrior Drag Shocks
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
BPS Rear Lightweight Break Kit (15” Wheels)
JPC Line Lock Kit
Reische 170* Thermostat
CFM Pass Break/ JLT Catch Can
Brisk Racing Spark Plugs GR12YS Silver
15x10, 18x5 Race Stars
29x11.5 Hoosier QTP
M&H Front Runners (28x4.5r18)

View attachment 1458263

View attachment 1458264

Great pass! Congrats. Car is gorgeous too.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

pierce88

Established Member
Thanks guys! I tried to put the notes up there because as you can see this has been a process getting this car to where it should be. Definitely not just a bolt parts on and run 10s...

-Pierce

KENS96M6

Established Member
Congrats. Great looking car. I have a black with black stripes 13 and yours makes me wish I had went with red stripes. Thanks for the info on your setup. I also have the QTP's on another car and set the pressure to read 13psi after the burnout. Anyone who has done any drag racing with a manual trans and this much power and weight knows its a long process getting the car to hook. Good job!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gorgeous GT-500 and very nice progress on the build. Congrats on the new best pass!

Users who are viewing this thread