2013 Production scheduling

91svtbird

Established Member
This morning’s production scheduling communication lists April as the start of GT-500 production and mid-May for the beginning of production for retail orders. Dealers still can’t build/order a Shelby online yet. It looks like the first retail units will arrive at the end the summer.

Still no word on prices or order guide but should be soon, probably sometime in March .

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Does it take that long from orders being recieved?

May-ish to end of summer..august/september?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess that makes sense. When I hear april and may I think *incorrectly lol* beginning of the year, and august september as the end.

As you've pointed out, 8-10 weeks would bridge that gap.

I suppose that gives me even more time to save up the downpayment....lousy baby due May 13th lol

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
I suppose that gives me even more time to save up the downpayment

+1

If I decide on a 13' i'll most likely be waiting till the end of the year/beginning of 13' so I can hopefully pick one up for invoice.

Unless I get tempted by ford offering $5000-7500 off of the remaining 12's that will be collecting dust on dealer lots once the 13's start rolling in. Don't think I could turn down a 12' for $38-40k.

Similar to the deals guys were getting on the leftover Termi's back in 04.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
well Ill say this, I plan to shop around as soon as ordering is open (hopefully next month) and let you guys know what I find. Obviously if its ridiculous ill wait like others but if i get lucky to get a good deal hopefully this summer...we shall see

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
This morning’s production scheduling communication lists April as the start of GT-500 production and mid-May for the beginning of production for retail orders. Dealers still can’t build/order a Shelby online yet. It looks like the first retail units will arrive at the end the summer.

Still no word on prices or order guide but should be soon, probably sometime in March .

Thanks for the info!!!:beer:

91svtbird

Established Member
I guess that makes sense. When I hear april and may I think *incorrectly lol* beginning of the year, and august september as the end.

As you've pointed out, 8-10 weeks would bridge that gap.

I suppose that gives me even more time to save up the downpayment....lousy baby due May 13th lol

Dealer demographics also come into play. Usually the places like California, Texas and Florida get first deliveries then places like the east coast follow. At least that is what I observed when the 07's were built. So from an East coast perspective late summer is most likely where it may be a couple to a few weeks earlier elsewhere.

91svtbird

Established Member
FYI...I checked my source again and confirmed these prices are still expected to be in the ballpark....we'll see.

From what I heard "unofficially" of course....

Base price about $53,000

SVT package about $5995

Recaro seats about $1595

Glass Roof about $1995

Electronics about $2500

Track Pack ?? nothing yet?

Again not official but should be close to actual prices.

CBelleperche

Established Member
Hey guys, I used to work at a dealer and remain close friends with almost all the employees. Talked to the GM yesterday and the rumors are that the base price will be in the mid-50's. Also told me he is hearing that the options should be out within the next month. I know it's not much info but at least it's some!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
10-12 weeks from starting production to the lot would be a good assumption.

Was planning on listing my 08 for sale in June for like $30k. Should e the right timeline.

As for price....we'll see. Got enough threads debating that.

DRBSVT

Established Member

If I'm special ordering a car (with my specs) from a large dealer and getting their first allocation, would I fall into the April production cycle or the mid May production cycle? Also, if the start of production is sometime in April, seems like the cars could start hitting dealer's lots as early as late June.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
If I'm special ordering a car (with my specs) from a large dealer and getting their first allocation, would I fall into the April production cycle or the mid May production cycle? Also, if the start of production is sometime in April, seems like the cars could start hitting dealer's lots as early as late June.

I am hoping June-July, August is getting a little late in the season.......Steve

91svtbird

Established Member
April builds will go to Ford Execs and magazine reviewers etc. Mid May would be the start of retail builds (everyone else). In a large demographic dealership in Texas I'm guessing you might see one late June or July.

DRBSVT

Established Member
April builds will go to Ford Execs and magazine reviewers etc. Mid May would be the start of retail builds (everyone else). In a large demographic dealership in Texas I'm guessing you might see one late June or July.

Thank you for the explanation. Will keep my fingers crossed for a late June/early July delivery!!

bpmurr

Established Member
Looking like it's going to be a Boss for me this year or go Mustang less until 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread