• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2013 SBY Paxton BOSS 302 for sale!

Discussion in '2011+ Mustang GT and V6 Buy/Sell' started by kcobra, May 10, 2018.

1. kcobra

kcobra MUSTANG MANIAC Established Member

Interesting honest opinion. It all depends who you are and what you are looking for. First fact is NADA still lists the retail from $31600-$33,675. Stock, great condition, which I can totally reverse all mods on my car because I indeed am the original owner with all original parts still in boxes. Then, let's say I give her away at $27-$29k. I can sell the (not best blower) Paxton H.O. with 8 rib upgrade, ID 1000 injectors, Boost a Pump, JPC coolant tank, Tial 50 bypass valve, Paxton Competition air kit, for roughly $4000. Then the exhaust, Ceramic coated Kooks long tubes with kooks h-pipe and magnaflow cat back for probably close to $2000. F14's with new Nittos for easily $1500-$2000. Stereo components, deck with all speakers and woofer. Maybe $1000. There is plenty more stuff, MGW shifter, control arms, panhard bar, etc, etc.
    At the end of the day, I sold an 03 Terminator convertible for $18k a few years back and low and behold, 2 years later, these cars are bringing $30k plus.
    The BOSS is a 2 year production, low number, game changing car. The roadrunner is what led to the 15 and up engines.
    As far as a not so good PAXTON. I have been supercharged for roughly 20k miles without as much as a single hick up. Zero leaks or issues and the car absolutely rock and rolls. Faster than a 2.9 whippled auto 2017 running E85. Oh yeah, I never had issues with oil pump gears like my buddy did with his whippled 2015 either.
    So, your opinion is just that. I don't have to sell the car. If somebody wants it, they will pay for it. If not, I honestly love my car. No biggy.

scott9050, 7998, Blackoyote and 2 others like this.
  2. kcobra

And Recaro seats are indeed nice, but are tight for some people. Again, depends on if you are comfortable or not. The car is only missing the Recaro seats because the rear has been upgraded to a TORSEN.

PaxtonShelby likes this.
  3. jamyzd39

jamyzd39 Member Established Member

4. jamyzd39

The Boss certainly does hold value and sell pretty high, especially the Laguna Seca. I find most people paying a premium want them Unmodified. Don’t ask me why, I’d prefer the power. I think the Whipple, VMP,Roush blowers have always been more desirable, I could be wrong. If your buddy had a 2.9 auto on E85, exactly what are you beating him in?? I knows it’s not 1/8 or 1/4 mile. If so, something is wrong with his car. You have high HP no doubt, torque not so much. I’d really like to see those time slips. Again, maybe I’m wrong, you might be the fastest shifter ever. I mean people running 1/4 miles pay how much for the conversion, 7 or 8k....again, I never said your Boss isn’t worth it, I think it is bad ass. Good luck bud

5. PaxtonShelby

PaxtonShelby FRULE10 Established Member

Killer car OP. Worth every penny.

gimmie11s and HudsonFalcon like this.
  6. PC03GT

PC03GT Well-Known Member Established Member

Paxton???? I've never heard of that lol. Anyone that's been in a boss 302 that's 700+ hp knows it's a monster. I know this because my buddy has a 12, granted it has a vmp but that doesn't matter. I have a centri on my car, a vortech and it makes boost just like any other FI. Good luck man

Zemedici and PaxtonShelby like this.
  7. StrayBullitt

StrayBullitt Well-Known Member Established Member

Damnnn….

Now that is a School Bus I would ride

… jk I ride the short bus :oops:

tones_RS3 and Zemedici like this.
  8. jamyzd39

I’m not debating which blower is better. I’m also not saying anything negative of this pony. I love the car and the Boss is bad ass. All I did was state simple truth. The others blowers cost a little more and are somewhat more desirable for resale. The same as the Recaro seats cost a lot and often people want them. People in the mustang community often will buy parts for their name and/or reputation of being the best. Hell some people probably don’t even know what they are upgrading, but do it because others do. Again, I love the car. All I did is state the reasons it probably has not sold yet.

9. Zemedici

Zemedici Well-Known Member Established Member

its-time-to-stop-posting-1482243.png

Chancey, gimmie11s, 7998 and 4 others like this.
  10. kcobra

Yes, I agree. That auto, whippled, would probably have spanked me in a quarter mile race. This was in the standing mile. I posted about this previously.

11. boduke0220

boduke0220 Well-Known Member Established Member

Maybe I missed it but where is this located?

12. kcobra

Maine.

13. 1Kona_Venom

1Kona_Venom A&P Mechanic Established Member

Considered buying this car TWICE when I had open garage space and money. Still think its a great car / setup.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    kcobra likes this.
  14. KuttawaFord

KuttawaFord Member Established Member

kcobra likes this.
  15. bfgtim

bfgtim Member Established Member

This boss is awesome.

Should of sold long ago.

kcobra likes this.
  16. cgaulzetti

cgaulzetti Member Established Member

Pm sent. My Dad is looking seriously for a Boss302 and almost pulled the trigger on a stock one for more than this thing.

17. kcobra

Replied

18. kcobra

Will sell with stock wheels for $33,000.

19. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

Cant believe this hasnt sold. Do you have it on Cragislist and also Autotrader?

Might be best to bring her back to stock and see what Carmax or Vroom would give you.

I sold my 2007 GT500 to Vroom for $27.5k last year with 11k miles on it, then proceeded to get over $5k out of the mods i pulled off of it.

tones_RS3 likes this.
  20. kcobra

Not advertised at too many places. I like my car and it's kind of a if it sells it sells feeling. If it doesn't, gladly keep it. There are none of these around and when at car shows, I am usually alone. Plenty of Shelbys and 350s.