2013 Shelby Focus ST for $40K

kingnut

Established Member
Originally 252HP and $40K. Now said to be right at 300HP but not confirmed... still 40K. Also FWD. this car should be priced at $29,990 and no more.

IMG_0043.jpg

2013 Shelby Focus ST, the maddest puppy in town: Motoramic Drives | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

Shelby American Inc. - 2012 GT350

Ford...

shipment-of-fail.jpg

discuss

Last edited:

Shhhh

Established Member
Its Shelby America, what do you expect? They always over price everything under the sun.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

truefiveo

Established Member
Lol but yet people on here have a problem with GM putting a starting $51K price tag on the C7 Vette.:bored:

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Its nice to see the Focus with a nice SVT upgrade package again. Its just sad to see the Shelby name getting diluted even more.

I am not a Shelby hater, or a Shelby 'fanboy'. It just starts to mean a lot less when its plastered all over everything. Will we see a Shelby Fusion next??

....why not??

kingnut

Established Member
Not sure why you are saying Ford failed, as Shelby is its own entity that added $15k for its package. Similar to an Super Snake over and above a GT500.

because all the cars they are competing with cost alot less and are AWD. this car is just over priced and has absolutely no place in the $40K market.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
because all the cars they are competing with cost alot less and are AWD. this car is just over priced and has absolutely no place in the $40K market.

You are missing my point. Ford produced a 25k car that performs well for its class, so Ford did not "fail" as you put it.

Shelby added 15k to the price with its package, and I agree that it puts the car far out of its competing class.

kingnut

Established Member
Its a ford product none the less. Ford allowed them to do this.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
$40k for a compact car with fwd?!!? Surely this is a joke! :lol:

REPCobra10

Established Member
I love the Focus ST, but for $40K...:nono:

I'd simply buy a base ST and modify it myself to my power, handling and look desires and skip the Shelby moniker.

Users who are viewing this thread