2013 Shelby GT500 Drag Times Thread

dustin88lx

Established Member
2013 GT500 Drag Times Thread

This thread will be devoted strictly too 2013 Shelby GT500's. I would like to compile a list of the fastest known Shelby's thus far. *NOTE* Snorman is going to try to keep this thread current and carry on what Dustin started. I'll update this first post as Snorman forwards me the most current information.

Tob

Xi0HGt.jpg

OucdTQ.png

Updated 12/27/15

****(M) Modified (S) Stock

**RED** FASTEST STOCK BLOCK, STOCK TVS, BOLT ON ONLY, NO OTHER POWER ADDERS
**BLUE** FASTEST ALL STOCK UNTOUCHED

Snorman will keep a running tab on the front page in this section on Dustin's behalf. Within your post please post a video or a timeslip to confirm your times along with any modifications that you have installed. If you do have any dyno runs to better give an idea of the gains that people may be looking at please post the numbers there is already a dyno sheet thread to post actual sheets.

For your modifications please input:

CAI- Cold Air Intake
RD- Resonator Delete
TB- Throttle body
PB- Ported Blower
HD- Headers (any)
MP- Mid-pipe (H, X or other)
CB- Catback (any to include dumps)
T- Tune
LP- Lower Pulley
UP- Upper Pulley
GR- Gears
FS- Front Suspension modification (i.e. coil overs, A-arms, K-member)
RS- Rear Suspension modification (i.e. UCA/LCA, coil overs, AM sway bar)
SS- Slicks (full slicks and DOT's to include ET Streets, QTP's, etc.)
DR- Drag Radials
N#- Nitrous+shot size
RG- Racegas (i.e. C16, Fuse or Gulf Mach/Legend and other unleaded race/non-pump gases)
EX- E85/98/R (i.e. corn)
WR- Weight Reduction (removal of rear or passenger seats, interior trim, sound deadening, etc.)

Dustin88lx Modifications:

JLT CF Big Air Intake
SuperCobra Jet Monoblade TB
John Lund Tune
Innovators West Lower 10% OD Pulley
Mcleod RXT Street Twin Clutch Kit
Upgraded Clutch Hydraulic Hose
Barton Shifter OEM Style
MT ET Streets 305/35-20

My Runs were on a Mustang Dyno/Chassis Dyno Loaded at 3800lbs
Dyno Run Stock: 539rwhp 613ft/lbs
Dyno Run Modified(Minus Clutch): 647rwhp 708ft/lbs

I feel like I left some numbers on the dyno due to the clutch slipping. But these #'s are what I have graphs for.

IMAG0118.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rwboring

Established Member
you need to make a list for mods like the others have so you dont have to type it out... they also included date and dragway

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
This thread will be devoted strictly too 2013 Shelby GT500's. I would like to compile a list of the fastest known Shelby's thus far.

I would like the template to be something like this

Owner 60 Ft 1/8 Mile 1/8 MPH 1/4 Mile 1/4 MPH

dustin88lx 1.63 6.99 101.28 10.81 129.74

I will keep a running tab on the front page in this section. Within your post please post a video or a timeslip to confirm your times along with any modifications that you have installed. If you do have any dyno runs to better give an idea of the gains that people may be looking at please post the numbers there is already a dyno sheet thread to post actual sheets.

Dustin88lx Modifications:

JLT CF Big Air Intake
SuperCobra Jet Monoblade TB
John Lund Tune
Innovators West Lower 10% OD Pulley
Mcleod RXT Street Twin Clutch Kit
Upgraded Clutch Hydraulic Hose
Barton Shifter OEM Style
MT ET Streets 305/35-20

My Runs were on a Mustang Dyno/Chassis Dyno Loaded at 3800lbs
Dyno Run Stock: 539rwhp 613ft/lbs
Dyno Run Modified(Minus Clutch): 647rwhp 708ft/lbs

I feel like I left some numbers on the dyno due to the clutch slipping. But these #'s are what I have graphs for.

IMAG0118.jpg

Just an FYI. If I'm not mistaken. The car weights in at around 3850 plus the weight of the driver. So loaded weight should be around 4000+ lbs. although those are some great numbers. Also I think this is a great idea for a thread. :beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Well Im not scared so, 8/12 at PBIR, temps well over 90 degrees, 70 percent humidity, DA over 2000 all day long....had some serious issues getting the car to hook, finding wat worked hell it took me all day to get the LC firgured out but anyway enough excuses....I need more seat time and some decent DR's so I can in the 11's all day long ( Im no pro drag racer)

pic is clear so you can see all the numbers( two best runs of the day):
2012-08-12_17-47-19_437.jpg

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Great Idea. Nice numbers by the way.

My driving is so bad I will have to start a slow list thread!

Scott

ill be on that list with you....:lol1:

I am planning to also enter the car into some autox and road course stuff...want to enjoy all it has to offer

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Nice thread. Need to keep it going so all the C5 boys can see this, since a few over there claim a stock 13GT500 is no faster than a ZL1 and cannot run in the 11's...unless its a magazine driver.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Nice thread. Need to keep it going so all the C5 boys can see this, since a few over there claim a stock 13GT500 is no faster than a ZL1 and cannot run in the 11's...unless its a magazine driver.

psssh I dont worry about those guys....seat time is important, if I had more im sure I could get into the 11's stock. No worries, im not here to impress anybody im just enjoying my car....hope to catch you there next bro :beer:

dustin88lx

Established Member
My best so far, all stock down to the filter element and tires:
Cecil62712-4567.jpg

I am really confused with this one I want to say its the left lane but not sure why it would be called yellow bullet?? Please if your going to show the entire printout indicate which lane.

dustin88lx

Established Member
Dustin88lx,
Damn! That's a lot of power. Tq is nuts!:bowdown: What psi was this at?

Max psi we seen on the dyno was 17.8 psi @ 6500rpm

It made 708ft/lbs on the tires at 3550rpm and had roughly 16psi of boost @ that time.

I don't understand why this car makes so much torque, it seems like it makes a little more than most of the others cars out there. On a dynojet that would prolly be about 792ft/lbs based on the 12% conversion rate.

dustin88lx

Established Member
If anyone has any idea how to format the actual numbers list please let me know I would like it to line up and look halfway decent.

Thanks

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
His run was the 11.7. It was on another thread that was linked to C5 to show that an actual owner has run 11's bone stock.

As per the other thread, he was really experimenting to see what worked best. Alot of trial and error, and error, and error.

Of course, it was at Cecil, which is a fantastic track.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Yes, my run was the 11.71, cecil is usually a good track, but DA was 2400+ the night I ran, and track prep wasn't too good by the end of the night when i had the traction control set right.

I'm sure i can get thrown out stock when the fall weather gets here.

Anyone have a link to the C5 thread? I'd like to read it.

Users who are viewing this thread