2014 Corvette a crying shame?

03CobraBro

Established Member
Looks like some sort of camaro/gtr monstrosity from the back... What do you guys think?

(BTW sorry for not searching the forum but I guess svtp isn't iphone friendly and I don't feel like jumping on the computer so we'll have to make do!)

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I personally not a fan of the new styling (Viper front, Camaro rear) but quite a few here like them.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I am on the fence, one solid color on it looks horrible but the red with black accents looks pretty nice. Im going to a couple car shows this month and next and hope to see it in person to make the final judgement

Jroc

Established Member
The rear glass and lines of the hatch resembles a C2 Stingray.

I don't think it's the best looking car, but I don't think it looks bad or anything. I think when Chevy releases the higherend Z06/ZR1 models the will likely dress it up into a very badass looking car. I'm also sure that it will be a hell of a performer. I hates Vette's but I'll own up to that. I feel that Vette fans live warm up to the car in a year or 2.

Prototype007

Established Member
GM continues to only ruin its sports cars and the Vette was the last thing they had going for them. Now they've ruined it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Front looks good, but the rear doesn't appeal to me at all. Excited to see the zo6.

same here... I like it from the front to the sail panel...I hope the Z06 and ZR1 get a better booty!

original.jpg

DAT ASS
P1000414-620x441.jpg

original.gif

Last edited:

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
they finally got the aggressive look.
I think it's bad ass. under $50k best bang for the buck. world class engineering to boot

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I disagree, I absolutely adore c5 and C6's. The ass end, the front end, the god awful looking interior :( To me they've ruined the cars. This is a let down when you consider the c5 to c6 jump blew the c5 Z06 Numbers out of the water. the C6 to C7 cannot really be considered a jump so much..... a hop rather. 20 hp 24 ft lbs of tq and they are raising the price 5k and throwing in the Z06 Frame.

To each their own I guess. I don't care how fast or slow something is if it looks god awful.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
they finally got the aggressive look.
I think it's bad ass. under $50k best bang for the buck. world class engineering to boot

This.

Interior is leaps and bounds better as well. The car has a lot of great engineering in it. To say how great the rest of the car looks you gotta ask wtf were they thinking with that rear?!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I disagree, I absolutely adore c5 and C6's. The ass end, the front end, the god awful looking interior :( To me they've ruined the cars. This is a let down when you consider the c5 to c6 jump blew the c5 Z06 Numbers out of the water. the C6 to C7 cannot really be considered a jump so much..... a hop rather. 20 hp 24 ft lbs of tq and they are raising the price 5k and throwing in the Z06 Frame.

To each their own I guess. I don't care how fast or slow something is if it looks god awful.

Those are still est power figures, though I do not think they will surpass the C6Z in terms of power production. I would expect the final number to be 20-30 north of 450 HP and TQ...This new LT series motor matches the LS7 in torque production from 1K RPM to right around 4K RPM....The chassis has undergone serious development along with the rest of the car. I believe this will be a big jump from previous gens. The C6 was really a major update of the C5, but not a net new car from the ground up.

Users who are viewing this thread