2014 Grabber Blue Glass Roof Pictures

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Here are a few pics of my Grabber Blue white stripe, glass roof 2014 Shelby GT500. The lighting isn't optimal and the setting leaves a lot to be desired but I figured I'd post these anyway. I used a good 24MP DSLR Nikon camera, but scaling the images down to fit this (800x600) format lost a bunch of the image quality of my originals. This color really does look better in person. In photos it looks a bit pale, but in person it is very rich and vivid. The effect simply can't be reproduced by an LCD screen or a printed picture.

120 miles on the clock, and I'm loving every minute of it. I'll give a review once I get more seat time.

I was concerned with the glass roof looking weird from the outside on this color combination, but the end result actually looks fine IMO. A lot of cars are offering panoramic sunroofs today, so this look isn't so foreign to the eye anymore. I'm sure this is a worst case scenario with the sun shining directly into the open (non) grill, but I have a feeling I'm going to spend more time with a toothbrush picking bugs out of the radiator than I will have to spend brushing my own teeth. Rest assured we will not be sharing the same toothbrush, lol!

After a few moments removing the protein from her radiator, all was well. I saw someone who used pet-proof screen door screen on his Trinity. It wraps right up against the radiator. It's black, blends in, is easy to install and wipes clean. I may look into this someday.

The dealership didn't install my front splitter before delivery. I'm taking it back so they can take care of that for me. My driveway is pretty shallow, so the clearance shouldn't be a problem. With the painted rocker panels, I think the splitter is needed to lower the look of the nose. I've purchased the Roush side splitters to tie that look all around the car.

I love the 820A wheels! A split 5-spoke design as God intended all wheels to be!

This car is right off the assembly line, and still doesn't have the plastic seat belt guides on the Recaros. I know there was a thread discussing if this is a midyear change or a vert-only change. I still don't know. All I can say is they are not on my car. Actually, I'm glad. I kinda thought they were ugly anyway, and the seatbelt guide attached to the B-pillar is pretty effective for me anyway.

Thanks SVT members. I never would have bought the glass roof if not for the feedback on this forum. I love every aspect about it so far. The only slight disappointment is that I had imagined driving at night and glancing up at the stars. With the dash lights on... Well, that's all I see reflected back a night.

My first mod was hood struts from JLT. They are painted grabber blue and I think this makes them look OEM. I'll add more info to this thread with my experience with various mods as I go. To be honest, this car is pretty close to perfect as delivered, so mods will be few and far between.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
To be honest, this car is pretty close to perfect as delivered, so mods will be few and far between.

That's what they all say... Eventually you'll succumb to the mod bug yet again. Besides peer pressure will get you in this family. ;-)

sftdyna

Established Member
Here are a few pics of my Grabber Blue white stripe, glass roof 2014 Shelby GT500. The lighting isn't optimal and the setting leaves a lot to be desired but I figured I'd post these anyway. I used a good 24MP DSLR Nikon camera, but scaling the images down to fit this (800x600) format lost a bunch of the image quality of my originals. This color really does look better in person. In photos it looks a bit pale, but in person it is very rich and vivid. The effect simply can't be reproduced by an LCD screen or a printed picture.

120 miles on the clock, and I'm loving every minute of it. I'll give a review once I get more seat time.

I was concerned with the glass roof looking weird from the outside on this color combination, but the end result actually looks fine IMO. A lot of cars are offering panoramic sunroofs today, so this look isn't so foreign to the eye anymore. I'm sure this is a worst case scenario with the sun shining directly into the open (non) grill, but I have a feeling I'm going to spend more time with a toothbrush picking bugs out of the radiator than I will have to spend brushing my own teeth. Rest assured we will not be sharing the same toothbrush, lol!

After a few moments removing the protein from her radiator, all was well. I saw someone who used pet-proof screen door screen on his Trinity. It wraps right up against the radiator. It's black, blends in, is easy to install and wipes clean. I may look into this someday.

The dealership didn't install my front splitter before delivery. I'm taking it back so they can take care of that for me. My driveway is pretty shallow, so the clearance shouldn't be a problem. With the painted rocker panels, I think the splitter is needed to lower the look of the nose. I've purchased the Roush side splitters to tie that look all around the car.

I love the 820A wheels! A split 5-spoke design as God intended all wheels to be!

This car is right off the assembly line, and still doesn't have the plastic seat belt guides on the Recaros. I know there was a thread discussing if this is a midyear change or a vert-only change. I still don't know. All I can say is they are not on my car. Actually, I'm glad. I kinda thought they were ugly anyway, and the seatbelt guide attached to the B-pillar is pretty effective for me anyway.

Thanks SVT members. I never would have bought the glass roof if not for the feedback on this forum. I love every aspect about it so far. The only slight disappointment is that I had imagined driving at night and glancing up at the stars. With the dash lights on... Well, that's all I see reflected back a night.

My first mod was hood struts from JLT. They are painted grabber blue and I think this makes them look OEM. I'll add more info to this thread with my experience with various mods as I go. To be honest, this car is pretty close to perfect as delivered, so mods will be few and far between.

Ya know more and more the grabber blue grew on me but your car with the white stripes and roof is absolutely beautiful!!!!

5.0 guy

Established Member
Damn that's stunning and I bet very rare color/option car. That color really pops in person, Birdoc and Devious both have that color and it seems the more mods they add the better it looks! Good luck with your new toy!!

Trubble

Established Member
Here are a few pics of my Grabber Blue white stripe, glass roof 2014 Shelby GT500. ..... This color really does look better in person. In photos it looks a bit pale, but in person it is very rich and vivid. The effect simply can't be reproduced by an LCD screen or a printed picture.

I second your thoughts on the color. I have a GB 14 GT500, and photos cannot do it justice. You're sure to get lots of looks/comments on the color. (It's what I call "arrest me blue!")

Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread