2014 GT/CS Canned Tune

Ghost11

Established Member
Got the wife's summer car out of hibernation.....Thinking of a canned tune for it.....

Anyone having any good or bad experiences?

If so which one did you go with?

She prefers stock for the most part with only letting me install some GT 500 axle back exhaust.....But I think she will be okay with this....

Attachments

• 20220402_132750.jpg
    20220402_132750.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 59

q6543

Established Member
My friend had the SCT canned 93 tune on his and it just knocked and pulled timing like crazy, the datalogs were real ugly.

Went with AED now their isn't knock and runs full timing AFAIK.
Lund would be easy also.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I ran a Lund "canned" tune in the wife's mostly stock 06. Funny thing is she didn't want it initially so I loaded it without her knowing. She liked the changes enough that when I put it back to stock for smog she kept bugging me to put the tune back in.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I had the canned Ford Racing tune on my 2021 and honestly it felt great, especially in the midrange. Shaun (AED) wasn't a big fan of their tuning strategy and I've since had custom remote and dyno tunes through him and VMP. Even a remote tune is a much better option since it's setup specifically for your car based on the logs you capture. I'd really recommend just saving up and talking to AED, Lund or any other well known, reputable tuner. Nice car, good luck with it!

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Is it auto? Think anyone reputable would be fine to firm up the shift points. That’s going to be the greatest benefit. Otherwise if it’s 6spd you’d be money better spend on a mgw shifter.

Regardless you should go with with 3.55 of 3.73 gears ;)

Users who are viewing this thread