2014 GT M6 vs. Camaro ZL1

GCubersoldat

Established Member
After a long night of work was heading home on the beginning of I-75(its a closed road somewhere in mexico) and ahead of me i saw a white camaro... it was a bright sunday morning with almost no cars on the road. thought nothing of it thinking it was a V6 and continued on. Got a little closer and saw it was lowered......and then closer and saw the quad exhaust and badges along with everything ZL1 specific. Found my first ZL1 on the road.

Came up to him, he immediately downshifted and i followed suit. we both punched it at the same time at 80 MPH. Took it up to 7K RPM's and it was a dead even race amazingly until my governor kicked in at 147 MPH. First time i had reached the end of 4th and shifted into 5th with this car. Had reached my exit and gave him a thumbs up getting off. Not trying to gloat but this coyote continues to impress me at every turn. :rockon: To be fair, that ZL1 would of blown me out of the water if it was from a lower roll with all that torque..seems though that the heat soak is intense with those cars. still trying to figure out how i kept up lol.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Nice run but i would of figured he would of pulled you being pretty much stock. Sure it wasn't just a SS ?

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Nice run but i would of figured he would of pulled you being pretty much stock. Sure it wasn't just a SS ?

it had the exhaust, stance, wheels, brakes, badges, hood, bumpers, and everything off a zl1 including seats. pretty sure it was a bone stock ZL1

OneSlowV

Established Member
If it had the badges then thats pretty damn sweet. I know the 1LE has pretty much all the crap as the zl1 besides the blower.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
The blower is an eaton, correct? So there should be no doubt if you were running next to it - did you here the whine? Or did they manage to pile so much plastic on top of the motor that you can't even hear the blower?

125oh

Established Member
I don't think you can here the blower much on a stock zl1 until they are pulled down or have a cog setup.

Sick03Vert

Banned
ZL1 blowers are pretty quiet stock. They don't scream like the Cobras do.

They also don't run, hold value, perform, or turn heads like Cobras do either. :rockon:

rbrand9935

Established Member
Having a hard time believing this story as they are what, 580 HP Bone stock? I was wondering what gear ratio they run (Ring and Pinion) and also the Mustang. That would shed some light on the subject.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
What a joke too. A 580hp car cant beat a 420hp car on the highway. hahahah

Hey op , do u work for Ford manufactured? You are not advertising the 5.0 mustang for Ford are u ???

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Having a hard time believing this story as they are what, 580 HP Bone stock? I was wondering what gear ratio they run (Ring and Pinion) and also the Mustang. That would shed some light on the subject.

ZL1 has trouble getting 500 to the ground... more often it's 20 or more less than that. given the weight of that beast and low hp numbers, even lightly modded 5.0 can be a contender.

GCubersoldat

Established Member
What a joke too. A 580hp car cant beat a 420hp car on the highway. hahahah

Hey op , do u work for Ford manufactured? You are not advertising the 5.0 mustang for Ford are u ???

I was as surprised as you are, but I didnt start to spew shit from my mouth like you :). No I dont work for ford and I dont really care enough about a car to create fairytale stories to boost my ego.

To answer the question of the much more well mannered guy, I'm running a 3:31 gear ratio in the back.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Not too surprised, I've seen 2 zl1's at the track now and both if them were only able to manage 112-114mph, I was doing that with exhaust a tune and me being a complete noob with a stick shift

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread