2014 GT500 Final Production Numbers?

Helleanor

Established Member
I searched and only found 2013 numbers. Has anything been posted? And I'm looking for the full breakdown, not just the stripe and color one.

Thanks, I know it probably doesn't mean much anymore considering the amounts produced.

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
This is a well-worn topic. According to what I've read, numbers won't be available until the end of the production year, despite the fact that GT500 production is complete.

Tob graciously agreed to post 2014 numbers here when they're available. Recommend you monitor that thread...

mreiter

Established Member
Just received the final production numbers from Ford. They made a total of 5,730 Shelby GT500's in 2014. Out of that number 4,816 were coupes and 914 were convertibles. The U.S produced 4,937 total cars, Canada 433, Mexico 160 and 200 were made in other countries. For coupes there were 4,175 produced in the U.S., 301 in Canada, 148 in Mexico, and 192 Export. For convertibles there were 762 in the U.S., 132 in Canada, 12 in Mexico, and 8 export. You can buy the build sheet from Ford for $45.00 with the complete breakdown of options for each vehicle made and a limited production certificate showing what number production your car is and what number of a paint color it was. Here is the web address. http://www.fordshowparts.com or email me at [email protected] and I will email you the production sheet. Use 2014 SHelby GT500 as the header so I know it isn't spam.

Last edited:

mreiter

Established Member
I just posted the number to the thread. 5730 total. 4816 coupes, 914 convertibles. I have a further breakdown of the different colors, options, etc.

ThomasL

Established Member
Just received the final production numbers from Ford. They made a total of 5,730 Shelby GT500's. Out of that number 4,816 were coupes and 914 were convertibles. The U.S produced 4,937 total cars, Canada 433, Mexico 160 and 200 were made in other countries. For copes there were 4,175 produced in the U.S., 301 in Canada, 148 in Mexico, and 192 Export. For convertibles there were 762 in the U.S., 132 in Canada, 12 in Mexico, and 8 export. You can buy the build sheet from Ford for $45.00 with the complete breakdown of options for each vehicle made and a limited production certificate showing what number production your car is and what number of a paint color it was. Here is the web address. http://www.fordshowparts.com or email me at [email protected] and I will email you the production sheet. Use 2014 SHelby GT500 as the header so I know it isn't spam.

Good stuff. Thank you.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Just received the final production numbers from Ford. They made a total of 5,730 Shelby GT500's. Out of that number 4,816 were coupes and 914 were convertibles. The U.S produced 4,937 total cars, Canada 433, Mexico 160 and 200 were made in other countries. For copes there were 4,175 produced in the U.S., 301 in Canada, 148 in Mexico, and 192 Export. For convertibles there were 762 in the U.S., 132 in Canada, 12 in Mexico, and 8 export. You can buy the build sheet from Ford for $45.00 with the complete breakdown of options for each vehicle made and a limited production certificate showing what number production your car is and what number of a paint color it was. Here is the web address. http://www.fordshowparts.com or email me at [email protected] and I will email you the production sheet. Use 2014 SHelby GT500 as the header so I know it isn't spam.

All the Mustangs, including the GT500's were made in the Flat Rock Assembly plant in Flat Rock, Michigan USA. Some of those were made for export to other countries.

mreiter

Established Member
If anyone out there has a 2014 Shelby GT500 convertible with the color "Gotta Have It Green", you are sitting on a gold mine. According to my production sheet from Ford they only produced "ONE". Some of the features on it were Recaro seats w/blk accents, SVT racing stripes, SVT track pack, convertible boot, blk accent stripe, blk roof, and Twilfast RPC roof. I did not list the common features that most other Shelby GT500 have in common or the interior options it came with. If you are interested feel free to contact me as I have the built sheets for all of the 2014's.

Rubyredsvt

Established Member
That gotta have it green was the vehicle purchased thru Barrette Jackson and the guy was able to pick his color. Therefore that's how he was able to have GOT TO HAVE IT GREEN.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It's only my opinion, and it counts for nothing, But that car made me realize how much I hate GHIG.

mwilson6192

Established Member
Just received the final production numbers from Ford. You can buy the build sheet from Ford for $45.00 with the complete breakdown of options for each vehicle made and a limited production certificate showing what number production your car is and what number of a paint color it was. Here is the web address. http://www.fordshowparts.com

Sorry, but I'm not fully following this. Does this mean buying the GT500 Authenticity Certificate for $45.00 includes the build sheet? I don't see a build sheet that you can buy separately, and I swore in the past Ford offered a "Deluxe Build Sheet" that had that type of information. I do want the GT500 Authenticity Certificate and just trying to understand if the "build sheet" posted above is included.

Thanks for clarifying!

mreiter

Established Member
Sorry, but I'm not fully following this. Does this mean buying the GT500 Authenticity Certificate for $45.00 includes the build sheet? I don't see a build sheet that you can buy separately, and I swore in the past Ford offered a "Deluxe Build Sheet" that had that type of information. I do want the GT500 Authenticity Certificate and just trying to understand if the "build sheet" posted above is included.

Thanks for clarifying!

Yes the certificate includes the build sheet for all the Shelbys and a Shelby serial number identifier page.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Just received the final production numbers from Ford. They made a total of 5,730 Shelby GT500's in 2014. Out of that number 4,816 were coupes and 914 were convertibles. The U.S produced 4,937 total cars, Canada 433, Mexico 160 and 200 were made in other countries. For coupes there were 4,175 produced in the U.S., 301 in Canada, 148 in Mexico, and 192 Export. For convertibles there were 762 in the U.S., 132 in Canada, 12 in Mexico, and 8 export. You can buy the build sheet from Ford for $45.00 with the complete breakdown of options for each vehicle made and a limited production certificate showing what number production your car is and what number of a paint color it was. Here is the web address. http://www.fordshowparts.com or email me at [email protected] and I will email you the production sheet. Use 2014 SHelby GT500 as the header so I know it isn't spam.
These numbers have actually been out for some time. Member O.W. Kenobeno was kind enough to put them all in an easily manipulated spreadsheet back in September.

All the Mustangs, including the GT500's were made in the Flat Rock Assembly plant in Flat Rock, Michigan USA. Some of those were made for export to other countries.
+1. Flat Rock, MI is the ONLY place these cars were produced.

It's only my opinion, and it counts for nothing, But that car made me realize how much I hate GHIG.
+1. Not a fan either.

Recommend you approach all the aftermarket documentation with caution. Ford's ($46) "Deluxe Build Sheets" (Item# 39416 at http://www.shopfordgear.com/) are a joke. I bought one, to complete my car's documentation, but it provides no useful/unique information. As shown in this sample image, it decodes your VIN, confirms your build date, lists the car's "optional equipment" (much of which is actually STANDARD equipment), and wraps up with how many total GT500s were produced, how many coupes were produced, and how many coupes in your color were produced. (NONE of the numbers on mine even match those listed in the 2013 Production Numbers sheet from Ford Performance Group.) FWIW, here's what's available, in addition to the Deluxe Build Sheets...
- Owner's Manuals, Supplements, and Warranty Guides (free)
- GT500 Certificates of Authenticity ($45)
- Window Stickers ($25)
-- Window Stickers are available for download here (free)
- Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificates ($30)
-- Requires registration in the Shelby Unified Registry (free) and proof of ownership

mreiter

Established Member

These numbers have actually been out for some time. Member O.W. Kenobeno was kind enough to put them all in an easily manipulated spreadsheet back in September.

+1. Flat Rock, MI is the ONLY place these cars were produced.

+1. Not a fan either.

Recommend you approach all the aftermarket documentation with caution. Ford's ($46) "Deluxe Build Sheets" (Item# 39416 at http://www.shopfordgear.com/) are a joke. I bought one, to complete my car's documentation, but it provides no useful/unique information. As shown in this sample image, it decodes your VIN, confirms your build date, lists the car's "optional equipment" (much of which is actually STANDARD equipment), and wraps up with how many total GT500s were produced, how many coupes were produced, and how many coupes in your color were produced. (NONE of the numbers on mine even match those listed in the 2013 Production Numbers sheet from Ford Performance Group.) FWIW, here's what's available, in addition to the Deluxe Build Sheets...
- Window Stickers ($25)
-- Requires registration in the Shelby Unified Registry (free) and proof of ownership

I got mine from a differenent site...www.fordshowparts.com See if it similar to this. I am quite happy with my purchase. Also have not seen other production numbers posted but since I got mine only a few days ago I must assume I have the most recent and final numbers. Not sure if the previous ones were out before Ford stopped building them.

Last edited:

mreiter

Established Member
For the $45.00 you receive a certificate of authenticity stating you own a limited production Shelby GT500 with serial number and what number in the production run your car was out of the 4816 of coupes built, if you have a coupe, and it tells you what number of the run your car color was. Its signed by Carrol Shelby, and Edsel Ford III. There is also the prouction sheet of how many of each Shelbys produced in each color, along with the different options, stripe combinations, etc.

mreiter

Established Member
You receive a certificate of authenticity with your cars production number and what color it is out all those colors produced for $45. The build sheet come with it and shows all the cars produced with how many of each color, different options available for each car, stripe colors, etc. By following the sheet you can see how rare your is compare to other Shelby's. For example, out of the 4816 coupes produce only 221 were painted Ingot Silver Metallic (mine) not bad, but my Charcoal leather seats w/blue accents in that combination there were only 10. You can see how limited your particular car can be depending on you ordered or bought it from the dealers lot.

mwilson6192

Established Member
- Window Stickers ($25)

Thanks for the information. I did purchase the Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate (which required me to register in the Shelby Unified Registry). I don't believe there is much "value" in these certificates, but to me they do describe my specific GT500, and therefore I'm willing to pay for the documentation to have a complete "record" of my GT500. I have a new garage and I will mount and display these certificates on the wall next to my Shelby. I have a convertible and if nothing else, it provides a little "cool factor" to my friends who think I'm crazy for having so many Shelby and Mustang signs, Ford Parts theme, etc. (all waiting to be completely mounted) which makes my car more "collectible" - kidding. ;-)

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I got mine from a differenent site...www.fordshowparts.com See if it similar to this. I am quite happy with my purchase. Also have not seen other production numbers posted but since I got mine only a few days ago I must assume I have the most recent and final numbers. Not sure if the previous ones were out before Ford stopped building them.
I'm not sure what's "different" about that site, since I listed it above. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. Unfortunately, many of us are not.

With all due respect, you're confused regarding production number availability. Ford stopped producing 2014 Mustangs months ago, and didn't make production numbers available until after production ceased. There are no "most recent and final numbers." There's one set of numbers that Ford released last fall, AFTER 2014 production wrapped-up. Unfortunately for at least some of us, Ford didn't ensure the numbers on our Deluxe Build Sheets match the numbers in their production spreadsheets. (Specific example located here.) That's just sloppy, and leads some to question the value of our (paperwork) purchase.

...Its signed by Carrol Shelby, and Edsel Ford III...
To be clear, my certificate came with stamped copies of Carroll Shelby's and Edsel Ford II's signatures.

By following the sheet you can see how rare your is compare to other Shelby's... You can see how limited your particular car can be depending on you ordered or bought it from the dealers lot.
You can get an idea, but not necessarily the exact number of cars that came with the precise combination of options with which yours was built. Ford has the detailed information to do this, but they choose not to. (This has been bantered about repeatedly in this forum and elsewhere.)

Thanks for the information. I did purchase the Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate (which required me to register in the Shelby Unified Registry). I don't believe there is much "value" in these certificates, but to me they do describe my specific GT500, and therefore I'm willing to pay for the documentation to have a complete "record" of my GT500. I have a new garage and I will mount and display these certificates on the wall next to my Shelby. I have a convertible and if nothing else, it provides a little "cool factor" to my friends who think I'm crazy for having so many Shelby and Mustang signs, Ford Parts theme, etc. (all waiting to be completely mounted) which makes my car more "collectible" - kidding. ;-)
That's the same reason I sprang for all the certificates for my car. Like several others, however, I was disappointed with the lack of fidelity in the numbers provided. In the end, they'll still look good on the wall...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread