2014 mustang gt FAILED EMISSIONS twice

svt_cobra01

Established Member
Don't just drive around... follow the Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle and you will maximize your chances of success! All of mine (except EVAP) set within 20 miles in one drive, following the drive cycle instructions. Then the next day, the EVAP monitor 'set' on the way to testing center, so they were all perfect when tested. I have a diagnostic program on laptop so I can check monitor status myself.

Also, (not sure if you have this) get yourself something so you can check each monitor status yourself. Harbor Freight actually sells a cheap diagnostic tool. Plus there are many others available. That way you know they are 'set' before going to the testing center. You don't want to piss off the guys at the testing center by keep going back and forth getting tested, or they just might bust your balls somehow. Keep them happy.

Good luck!!!!!! :cool:

will definitely keep all that in mind thanks. I was planning on driving the car a few days all around time but i want to make sure everything is good so ill check a diagnostic tool out, it would be nice to know my self when everything is set and ready to pass

svt_cobra01

Established Member
I checked my cel code and its P2626 o2 sensor pumping current trim circuit/open bank 1 sensor 1. I then opened my hood and it appears the o2 sensor on the passenger side upstream is loose i can move it with my hand i was wondering what that metal clacking sound was when driving slow. It was vibrating and hitting against my exhaust pipe. Can a loose o2 sensor cause a check engine light?

Attachments

• 75AF2CF6-5E78-42E7-A1EC-6084E3DCAACE.jpeg
    75AF2CF6-5E78-42E7-A1EC-6084E3DCAACE.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 82

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
I checked my cel code and its P2626 o2 sensor pumping current trim circuit/open bank 1 sensor 1. I then opened my hood and it appears the o2 sensor on the passenger side upstream is loose i can move it with my hand i was wondering what that metal clacking sound was when driving slow. It was vibrating and hitting against my exhaust pipe. Can a loose o2 sensor cause a check engine light?

Yes sir

Users who are viewing this thread